C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Help speaker problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507
Help speaker problem

I have the 507 with Harman Kardon speakers. My right rear speaker was failing so the dealer changed it. BUT now it feels like I miss a LOT of bass from the rear. If I fade the speakers so I only hear the rear speakers I can barely hear any bass at all, the front bass it very heavy though. I also remember that I had the bass setting to like 0 or sometimes even -3 and it was enough, now I have it to like 8.

The dealer keeps insisting that everything is correctly installed. The problem is that I can't remember exactly how it sounded earlier I never did the fade to only the rear speakers, and also perhaps the faulty speaker made it sound different than it should.

Can someone confirm how it should sound? Like if you fade to the back speakers is the bass barely noticeable or does it sound similar to the front?
Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507
I came across a friend yesterday who just bought a 2012 C63 AMG. I asked him to try out the speakers and hell yes, they definitely forgot to connect the rear subwoofer on my car, worlds of difference. I was thinking I was going crazy there for a while, the mechanics almost had me fooled. Remember to always trust your instincts.