C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

my c63 vs. c6 (mods unknown)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 amg
my c63 vs. c6 (mods unknown)

I come from driving vettes since I was 18 so I'm very familiar with there capability and the car in general. Anyways So about 3 am a c6 ran up on me and we lined up both went on 3rd honk (went 3 times), I have renntech intake/mani w x pipe and hi flow cats. Anyways, 65 mph or so went to 3rd I think. Anyways I was at like 6000 rpm or so, pretty up there but I don't like riding on it that high; I defiantly drive the car like a princess as apposed to previous cars I would definitely have no problem riding the gear for a while but somehow think of the car as delicate being my first amg car. But I digress, we went but every time I would pull like mad crazy, at least a car and a half to 2 cars right off the bat and was still pulling all 3 times.. I didn't know my car was that fast, never realized. I'm thinking he was auto so the gear had to drop so that why I pulled like crazy. I've also raced a white bolted c6 and pulled maybe half a car or so b4 we shut it down, but was still pulling a bit. Another stock c5 I ran we pulled up to a red light, turned green and we went, I had previously turned it to flap paddle mode and turned esp to sport mode, we went normal, well I did because I was unsure about him running me so I ran to high rpms in 2nd (my mom's in the car btw lol) and shifted to 3rd where I noticed he's giving the car full gas so I punch it and we stay even until I reach about 4500rpm or so and pull hard but we r doing almost 80 in a 40 by then so I shut it down, irritated I had only pulled maybe 3/4 a car on him, if I had stayed in 2nd I would beat the brakes off that stock c5 for sure 4 or 5 cars but it made me mad thinking he thinks he almost was as fast as me😠, my mom was like you should have stayed in 2nd and I know your car is way faster than that I looked at her like -_- thanks mom, I know. Lol
Old 11-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
meh vettes aren't that fast, im convinced most north american car's aren't really that fast, reason being I raced a brand new sting ray with "460hp" is what the guy told me at the gas station...yeah ok buddy, how do i walk you with 2 shot fuel pumps when my car basically goes into limp mode 5k+ like c'mon ..my car in limp mode walked a brand new vette...what a joke, thats like getting beaten by a guy with 1 leg in a 100M sprint race, i'd probably go kill myself after. I even told the guy my car was broken too...I wonder how he felt after, i mean it wasn't even close ..kinda felt bad for the guy

Now the brand new s63 that pulled up beside me about a month ago...thats a different story, those things haul ***

Last edited by avery.whss; 11-30-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by kthanxbye
Another stock c5 I ran we pulled up to a red light, turned green and we went, I had previously turned it to flap paddle mode and turned esp to sport mode, we went normal, well I did because I was unsure about him running me so I ran to high rpms in 2nd (my mom's in the car btw lol) and shifted to 3rd where I noticed he's giving the car full gas so I punch it and we stay even until I reach about 4500rpm or so and pull hard but we r doing almost 80 in a 40 by then so I shut it down, irritated I had only pulled maybe 3/4 a car on him, if I had stayed in 2nd I would beat the brakes off that stock c5 for sure 4 or 5 cars but it made me mad thinking he thinks he almost was as fast as me😠, my mom was like you should have stayed in 2nd and I know your car is way faster than that I looked at her like -_- thanks mom, I know. Lol
That was seriously the longest run-on sentence I have ever read in my life loll. So you ran a base C6, and not a Z06, right? The first generation C6's with the LS2 made 400hp stock, so I'm not surprised you pulled on him with your mods.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by deanmc
That was seriously the longest run-on sentence I have ever read in my life loll. So you ran a base C6, and not a Z06, right? The first generation C6's with the LS2 made 400hp stock, so I'm not surprised you pulled on him with your mods.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Vettes and North American cars are not fast? That's a rather amusing and general comment. Just like every vehicle, it depends on the model you are running against.
I have owned and still own both American and German cars and I can definitely confirm that certain American cars are fast.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Baked
Vettes and North American cars are not fast? That's a rather amusing and general comment. Just like every vehicle, it depends on the model you are running against.
I have owned and still own both American and German cars and I can definitely confirm that certain American cars are fast.
Exactly!

That is a fat generalization

A buddy and I just visited our local track two weeks ago and noticed a few NEW 5.0 Mustangs. Some were running mid 12's stock, while others were in the mid 11's with tires and bolt-ons.

There were also a three to four vettes; couple of them were C6 Z06's and an auto Stingray. One of the C6Z sounded like the devil...it had a big azz cam and DR's. That **** ran consistent 10.30's at around 137 mph. The Stingray appeared to have a CAI and exhaust - it ran like 11.30's or so...I can't remember the MPH.

My buddy has a 991 TTS with GIAC tune, exhaust and IDP...he ran a best of 10.40's at 132. I think he can manage low 10.30's or even faster after more seat time. I told him to add a meth kit with re-tune (race tune) and probably run 9.90's.

He never got a chance to line up against that C6Z; it would have been interesting, but I think I would have put my money on the vette...he was dead consistent while my buddy was still getting used to his newly added mods.

There were no Benz at the track that day and I rode in with my buddy.

So you see, North American cars are not slow, it all depends who is driving and the model year...just like any other car from other countries.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:06 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Have you all forgotten about the new Hellcat? 707hp... STOCK.

For 62K fully loaded.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX
Have you all forgotten about the new Hellcat? 707hp... STOCK.

For 62K fully loaded.
theres gonna be a huge mark up based on the demand
Old 12-03-2014, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
I have a c6 I'd like you to try..

Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 PM

C6 Z06, 997 C2S
i have a vette

most Vettes, especially those with 3 pedals...are not driven fast because their owners tend to only take their Vettes out on weekend for a nice cruise. if you run into a competent Vette driver, which is few and far between, then it'll perform like it's supposed to

a tune and headers C63 traps 125mph? In that case the new Stingray would get walked. It's really not hard to look at trap speeds and get a pretty good idea how the car will fare. Of course aero / weight / etc. come into play as well, but trap speeds are a good indication of how your car will fare.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:17 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by izzy63
theres gonna be a huge mark up based on the demand
Checked at Dodge here, no markup. It's winter here, I'm sure they would throw in a free steak dinner if I bought one.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by csexty3
i have a vette

most Vettes, especially those with 3 pedals...are not driven fast because their owners tend to only take their Vettes out on weekend for a nice cruise. if you run into a competent Vette driver, which is few and far between, then it'll perform like it's supposed to

a tune and headers C63 traps 125mph? In that case the new Stingray would get walked. It's really not hard to look at trap speeds and get a pretty good idea how the car will fare. Of course aero / weight / etc. come into play as well, but trap speeds are a good indication of how your car will fare.
yes it can trap 125 but then again its up to more than just the car ie the driver, conditions etc
Old 12-06-2014, 10:21 AM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by Nanook
I have a c6 I'd like you to try..

Nice!
I like this and am dying to see if the 2017 ZR1 will be mid-engine and AWD. If so I'll be placing a order.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by kthanxbye
I come from driving vettes since I was 18 so I'm very familiar with there capability and the car in general. Anyways So about 3 am a c6 ran up on me and we lined up both went on 3rd honk (went 3 times), I have renntech intake/mani w x pipe and hi flow cats. Anyways, 65 mph or so went to 3rd I think. Anyways I was at like 6000 rpm or so, pretty up there but I don't like riding on it that high; I defiantly drive the car like a princess as apposed to previous cars I would definitely have no problem riding the gear for a while but somehow think of the car as delicate being my first amg car. But I digress, we went but every time I would pull like mad crazy, at least a car and a half to 2 cars right off the bat and was still pulling all 3 times.. I didn't know my car was that fast, never realized. I'm thinking he was auto so the gear had to drop so that why I pulled like crazy. I've also raced a white bolted c6 and pulled maybe half a car or so b4 we shut it down, but was still pulling a bit. Another stock c5 I ran we pulled up to a red light, turned green and we went, I had previously turned it to flap paddle mode and turned esp to sport mode, we went normal, well I did because I was unsure about him running me so I ran to high rpms in 2nd (my mom's in the car btw lol) and shifted to 3rd where I noticed he's giving the car full gas so I punch it and we stay even until I reach about 4500rpm or so and pull hard but we r doing almost 80 in a 40 by then so I shut it down, irritated I had only pulled maybe 3/4 a car on him, if I had stayed in 2nd I would beat the brakes off that stock c5 for sure 4 or 5 cars but it made me mad thinking he thinks he almost was as fast as me😠, my mom was like you should have stayed in 2nd and I know your car is way faster than that I looked at her like -_- thanks mom, I know. Lol
I thought you wanted to get rid of the C63 to jump in another C6?
Now you realize it might be a mistake
Take car of mom
Old 12-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
My 63 shocks me alot. I've pulled on cars I'd never thought I'd even keep up with.....like the Ferrari 458 Italia .....although my car is a dog from a dig, that top end power is just insane......