Recommended garages in Montreal (LSD)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Recommended garages in Montreal (LSD)

Hi,
I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the forums about installing an LSD on my car, especially since this past summer I've experience intense wheel spin in perfect driving conditions.

When I am at a stop and press the gas a bit too hard, I have spin and the yellow light starts flashing. When I am already rolling and put the accelerator down, same thing happens. Maybe this could be due to tire wear? But my Pirelli's (stock size on 18's) still have life in them.

Anyways, it seems that an LSD would be able to solve this issue so I can get better traction in every day driving situations. I'm going to go with the Wavetrac, but the bigger question is finding a good garage to install it. I'd love some recommendations if anyone has had experience with this?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 coupe P31
It could well be your tires, some lose a lot of traction once they wear out a little bit.

I haven't had too much experience with them, but EK Performance guys seem like good folks, and they specialize in tuning of high end vehicles so they should have no problem working on our cars: http://www.ekperformance.ca/
Old 12-11-2014, 03:03 PM
g-f

996TT
If you're willing to spend the night in Quebec city, my very thrusted mechanic did mine a month ago. You need to sleep overnight because the urethane(?) that seals the pumpkin needs to dry overnight. It's an 8 hour job.

Just in case you have problems finding someone in MTL.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Thanks for the recommendations!
I called up EK performance and they seem like the place to go, and very close to my place.

Now to decide whether or not to actually go through with the LSD install seeing as I don't track my car (maybe in the future?) plus it will be pretty expensive - quoted 10-15 hours for installation.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by shimbibby
Hi,
I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the forums about installing an LSD on my car, especially since this past summer I've experience intense wheel spin in perfect driving conditions.

When I am at a stop and press the gas a bit too hard, I have spin and the yellow light starts flashing. When I am already rolling and put the accelerator down, same thing happens. Maybe this could be due to tire wear? But my Pirelli's (stock size on 18's) still have life in them.

Anyways, it seems that an LSD would be able to solve this issue so I can get better traction in every day driving situations. I'm going to go with the Wavetrac, but the bigger question is finding a good garage to install it. I'd love some recommendations if anyone has had experience with this?

Thanks!

With K-MAC you can adjust for more even tire wear/traction!

Since the mid ‘90 model’s, with the ever increasing speed of vehicle assembly lines there has been no front or rear Camber (or front Caster) adjustment facility fitted OEM

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe!

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve costly premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, and fix steering pull the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts (for the front only). But these are inaccurate - one only position bolts - offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm / 1/8”).

It’s no wonder many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem!

We saw the need therefore "to fix it right the first time" by designing, developing, patenting (and re-instating from the 1990's) fully adjustable front (and rear) suspension for virtually all models.

The current K-MAC kits have up to 4 times the adjustment of these one only position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these one position bolts they can be accurately adjusted on car(under load) direct on alignment turntable (no need for labor intensive removal/replacement each time).

Providing ongoing full, precise adjustment of both Camber and Caster settings if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage or being able to quickly fine tune/change specs on race days (extra Negative/plus track width to go deeper into the corners/lower lap times). With the unique K-MAC patented design only requiring use of a single wrench/no disassembly.

For the rear, similar kits for precise Camber adjustment (with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility). Importantly unlike the alternative rear adjustable Camber control arms available K-MAC kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing essential clearance top of tire to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also instead of spherical bearings as used on control arms which prematurely pound out allowing metal to metal contact. At K-MAC we have developed long life elastomer bushings.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are also designed with twice the load bearing area and replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.

Note (Product background re bushings): Majority OEM bushes have air voids to allow 2 axis movement. So control arms can travel through their required arcs without binding, locking up.

Essential with today’s modern designs of “multi-link” arms with different angle mount points!

Yet most “aftermarket” replacement bushes the industry standard is to eliminate these air voids in an attempt to improve both steering response and reduce wheel hop, loss of traction under brake and acceleration.

The opposite is often the case – the elimination of the air voids causes even more severe wheel hop, loss of traction through binding, locking up of arms.

K-MAC bushes – with 50 years now of bush technology are designed without the air voids but where needed with “full 2 axis movement”. Result is power to the ground – maximum traction/acceleration/braking - along with noticeably improved directional control and steering response for highway driving, lane changing.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Banned

C63 & CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by shimbibby
Hi,

Thanks!
I'm also in the market for an LSD and have a few friends that open track their cars up in the Montreal and Quebec areas. They frequent Toyzauto Art and VAG. From what I hear they are both reputable shops and they wrench on both domestic and euro stuff!