C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Just Bought one!! Matte Black Paint Care Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Edition 1
Just Bought one!! Matte Black Paint Care Question

Hey guys - Super excited. I just picked up my first Benz! Got my hands on a 2012 Edition 1 with the matte black. It looked absolutely awesome on the detail bay at the dealership last night... 400 miles later back to my home I had to drive through rain etc. Needless to say car is in need of a cleaning before it goes to garage for winter!

I have read a bunch of stuff online but basically afraid to touch it now given how 'sensitive' the matte paint is supposed to be. Any recommendations you have as to what cleaning products you recommend? I heard Dr. Beasleys? Also can anyone recommend any great detailing places in Northeast NY/NJ.

Thank you & Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Nice christmas present
Enjoy in good health. Unfortunately I have no tips on matte paint care. I use meguiars 250 for mine obsidian black.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I use Adams polishes and these products are the best I have used so far. you should be able to use their shampoo along with quick sealant which is compatible with matte finishes.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
really, there is nothing special about the matte aside from not waxing it. Avoid car washes that use any type of polish in their process, and if they do, just go for the basic wash, or if the offer it, a hand wash.

I am in the same boat with my matte wrap. My only constraints are no brush washes, and if I go through a touch-less, I just do the most basic wash with no added wax/polish/whatever they call it to keep the finish from getting "shiny". That's really it for the most part. A quick Google search will give you a lot of information on how to care for matte finishes, and it's not too difficult at the end of the day. Actually much less maintenance than gloss with not having to polish/wax to keep the shine!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Swissvax makes some good products for matte paint too. This may sound silly, but go to BMW and ask for the citrus based matte paint bug remover. It works better then most and it's cheap. Also, pick up a waffle cloth.

I had a 2012 frozen silver BMW M3, the paint is beautiful, but it does demand your respect. Be careful not to pick up any scratches or watermarks. And when you dry he car do so very gently.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
remember you dont need to polish often, it's just to get rid of swirls and scratches and make the paint "new" again.
I don't have experience with matte but i'd just stick to washing my hand with good product such as optimum, car pro, any big name really

as far as polish goes, menzerna is supposed to be used by MB in the factory
Old 12-25-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB C63 AMG
I looked at a matte c63 the other week , pro's looked great cons

Don't dint it
Don't scratch it
Don't brush past it
Don't polish it
Use a special sponge
Can't repair small marks
Don't get bird crap on it , again you can't use even a fine cut cleaner on it
Insurance companies here dislike it , massive premiums
Almost impossible to match accurately at the paint shop as the finish has to be straight off the gun and nib free , if not start again , matte clears all very
Even finger nail marks in the door handles , will be there for life

Be very careful I would clear wrap a lot of high wear areas front fenders, bumper , pillars , rear archers fore and aft ,roof , inside door jams , door handle concave area where nails tend to go .. Enjoy