Sponsored by:

C63 to V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2015 | 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Townshend
..........911 doesn't do anything for me.........

A little off topic, but Holy S&!T!!!! Must not be much of a performance guy at all. Definitely looking to the Aston for image only, I can tell. In that case, go for it. Let someone else have and appreciate your C63.

Go ahead and look "cool and sophisticated" in your Aston. Not hating or trying to be mean to you. But if a 911 does nothing for you and you are contemplating dumping your C63 for a less performing car.............DO IT!!
Old 01-09-2015 | 06:06 PM

2011 Range Rover Sport SC
Originally Posted by jordanaf
A little off topic, but Holy S&!T!!!! Must not be much of a performance guy at all. Definitely looking to the Aston for image only, I can tell. In that case, go for it. Let someone else have and appreciate your C63.

Go ahead and look "cool and sophisticated" in your Aston. Not hating or trying to be mean to you. But if a 911 does nothing for you and you are contemplating dumping your C63 for a less performing car.............DO IT!!
Well hang on a minute here. Not everyone loves the 911 (Jeremy Clarkson is probably the biggest anti-911 bigot around).

Now I'm a huge fan of the 911 (though honestly, I'm NOT a fan of the 996 series....), but I can certainly see how someone may not think much of them. They tend to be a love it or hate it kind of a car.

Patrick
Old 01-09-2015 | 07:39 PM

Bentley Cont GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, S63,Ferrari 599, Ferrari 458
Originally Posted by jordanaf

Appreciate the feedback, not taking in a mean spirited way.

In one of my posts above I note based on the reports from others that the lack of power is certainly an aversion towards going with the V8 Vantage.

A 911 doesn't do much for me, I enjoyed driving the Cayman more. 911 GT2 and GT3 are excluded from the statement. Not that they aren't great cars, but I didn't get a tingly feeling after driving one and they are a bit a victim of they're own success in that they are too common to be anything special IMHO.

Nissan GT-R and Alfa 4C are a couple of others in the same price point that I have contemplated.

Image isn't everything in the same way performance numbers aren't everything for me. C63 may crush the Vantage in 0-60, but how exciting is it to get there? That's actually why I chose the C63 over the M3. M3 is a great car no doubt, but I found the C63 overall more fun to drive. When I end up parting ways with her I do hope someone enjoys as much as I have.
Old 01-10-2015 | 12:59 PM

2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
F-types are boring. Having said that, I should also mention that I hate Jag and my family has owned a few. They are in the shop all the god damn time. Yea the F-type looks nice but it has the same problem as most other "sporty midrangers"... slow v8's. Still nothing compared to a 63 motor.

Porsche's also do nothing for me, that empty sounding 6 Cyl kills me everytime. If they put a big V8 in the new 911 or Cayman I'd be in like flint. It's also my gripe with M3's (excluding the E9X).

SL65 is a GREAT option, but the price point is not anywhere near where you're looking.

If looks is what you're going for, you'll be fine with the AM of F-type. Be forewarned though, you are going to get bored of driving it after driving your AMG. There are almost no cars in this price point, that aren't heavily modified, that will have the feel that the C63 has. Maybe not the best handling, but that power band is going to be very very hard to match.
Old 01-10-2015 | 06:26 PM

C63 - Golf Tdi
I have had three C63s now and one Aston, it was a terrible car, Sold it for a E92M3 and that was hands down better, And the C63 is Miles better that that.

The Aston sounds and looks good but are just expensive crap and are mad expensive to service. Never again.
Old 01-11-2015 | 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
Bentley gt / Maserati grandturismo / SL65 AMG / DB9 /

any of these seems better than the vantage.....but hey... buy what makes you happy !
Old 01-11-2015 | 06:09 PM

c32
just bought a 911S
quality fit finish are great. but a different kind of car altogether. handles like a race car and feels like a race car. not as exciting as my c63 no torque down low but after 5000 rpm its a rocket. front end lift over 100 mph is noticeable. I like it but I still love my c63.
vantage is beautiful and sounds great but not as quick. California is big and not that fast. new m3 is not that fast either and is big. I think the new amg gt-s might just be perfect.
Old 01-11-2015 | 07:38 PM

CLK 55 AMG 2005 and CLK 63 AMG cab.2007 - 2009 EVO - 2013 ML63 AMG - 2018 G63 AMG
I did the same research last year and the 3 best option in this group are:

Bentley GT (2 doors)
Maseratti GT (2 doors)
Aston Martin Vantage V8

I did not pull the trigger yet to change my AMG but will likely
Change to the Maseratti GT because of the sound of this thing ! A ferrari engine
Is a pretty awesome sound.

Good luck on your problem lol
Old 01-12-2015 | 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by FatTony001
I did the same research last year and the 3 best option in this group are:

Bentley GT (2 doors)
Maseratti GT (2 doors)
Aston Martin Vantage V8

I did not pull the trigger yet to change my AMG but will likely
Change to the Maseratti GT because of the sound of this thing ! A ferrari engine
Is a pretty awesome sound.

Good luck on your problem lol
The Bentley is completely in a different league from the other two.

The Maserati is - well, Italian. Uncomfortable, full of rattles and relatively poor reliablility from what I'm told, plus it doesn't even have the image of the other two. The Vantage V8 is underpowered, but at least it has a decent fit and finish and looks sexy as hell. The Bentley is objectively the best built from the three, but it weighs as much as a tank, and do you really want to look like a pimp or a footballer? If you want a toy that makes the neighbours look at you with envy, bu all means go with either one of those. If you want a reliable but somewhat understated daily driver, skip the exotics and get a German car.

It's a shame the Panamera is so fugly because both in terms of performance and fit'n'finish it would be my first-choice hands-down. Porsche needs to build somethign between the 911 and the Panamera. They need to build another 928.

Last edited by Diabolis; 01-12-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2015 | 08:46 PM

Bentley Cont GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, S63,Ferrari 599, Ferrari 458
Appreciate everyones feedback. Fell in love with the Aston, but also love my C63. Porsche, not as much..
Attached Thumbnails C63 to V8 Vantage-mbworld.jpg  
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
So you got both? Best of both worlds I guess...