Sponsored by:

Lamborghini crash at 208 mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Jeez it literally disintegrated, the vid feed showing path down the ditch past the guardrails, if you took away the wheels & bits of green body panel shards, it just looked like an old burnt mattress amongst some rebar.. The driver was built like a bald polar bear! Those freakin' sledge hammer paws kept that bit_ch on the road to very last second, a normal kat would've lost it when the passenger did.. Talk about Darwin's Natural Selection in action wow!

Last edited by Thericker; 01-21-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
How did we manage before youtube?
Old 01-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,444 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by norb
How did we manage before youtube?
That's a great question... Or google prediction when typing in the search field.... Or google for that matter?
Old 01-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,267 Likes on 2,032 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by sventastic82
It's the same with everything like base jumping or sking down a hill.
It just takes getting used to.
I drove up to 200km/h for 30min commuting daily for over 3years before I moved to the US
Never had an issue with someone not checking there mirrors before changing lanes.
The key is, left lane for passing cars only, rear view mirror check every 3sec to see upcoming cars and to be aware of your surroundings.
Driving fast make pay more attention and being on high alert. That alone reduces the risk of an accident.

Everytime I take coworkers to germany for a business trip I get a fast rental car.
As soon as the signs show no speed limit I punch it to 250km/h.
Most of the guys I took holding on for their life at fist but then get used to it.
Nothing to it.

I'm more afraid that semi trucks here in the US drive up to 85mph and pass cars.
They need to be slowed down to at most 60.

Correct. There is nothing to driving fast. Most people I know in the US do quick speed runs for a couple of minutes as neither the streets or the other traffic is prepared for extended speed runs.
Plus it's a quick quick way to loose your license plus...

But driving cars at top speed for prolonged periods itself is no big deal and a lot of fun. You go through gas and oil like there is no tomorrow but it keeps you adrenaline pumped, especially when you do this in a group. Best fun ever.

The guy drove on some eastern european highway (Hungary, CZ?) at that speed which was just plain crazy; again neither traffic or road conditions are prepared for it. The ride was bumpier than it should have been.

In Germany under the right traffic conditions this would have been both safe to drive and really not that rare.