C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are C63s fun to drive? Good low end torque?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Look at the Dyno I posted man... By 3k the car was already over 400ft/lb of torque to the wheels. I don't know of many non boosted cars that can do that.

Something is certainly wrong with your car.

Also, the Cayman is a joke. It's the poor man's Porsche... You remind me of those people who drive old Boxster's and think that's impressive. For that price range an M3 is better suited, you get a high revving V8 that doesn't sound like a lawn mower, a car that doesn't look like a feminine ladybug, and an interior that actually looks good.

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 01-31-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX
Look at the Dyno I posted man... By 3k the car was already over 400ft/lb of torque to the wheels. I don't know of many non boosted cars that can do that.

Also, the Cayman is a joke. It's the poor man's Porsche... You remind me of those people who drive old Boxster's and think that's impressive. For that price range an M3 is better suited, you get a high revving V8 that doesn't sound like a lawn mower, a car that doesn't look like a feminine ladybug, and an interior that actually looks good.
I believe Jeremy clarkson had this to say about the cayman ..... it is a daily reminder that your life is a failure and you couldn't afford a 911.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 AM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by rentzington
I believe Jeremy clarkson had this to say about the cayman ..... it is a daily reminder that your life is a failure and you couldn't afford a 911.
I believe he may have also subbed the C out for a G.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:37 AM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by AMGaintBAD
Honestly, the c63 has **** for torque until 3000 rpm. The engine is vibrating and struggling until 3000 rpm. This car seriously sucks for daily driving. It excels on the highway, mountain roads etc.. In C mode, it feels sluggish since it starts in 2nd gear. In s+ mode, it's chugs during low rpm and shifts to 2nd gear too soon. In s+ mode, coming to a stop sucks, it's quite jerky. In M mode, shifting is slow, and downshifting from 3rd to 2nd is very jerky. I blame it on the ****ty mct tranny.

I've driven the cayman s and i've seen the light. It has 90% of the speed, but way better handling...and imo, sounds better...with the engine very close to your head....very exciting...and the pdk...yum. Build quality of cabin is much better.

Ok bring on the hate!

Not hating but I do agree with the others. Something is wrong with the car.
A TCU reset may help but that won't help the vibrating.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:11 PM

2013 c63 coupe p31
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX

If I were to have any car in the world right now..for reasonable money...it would be the cayman gts hands down. The old boxsters I never liked. 200 hp turtle. But 340 hp 280 ft lb, around 3000 lbs. PDK. That is stunning.

I don't think anyone can argue than from 1000 to 3000 rpm, c63 is not that great. From 3000 to 7000 its glorious.
The Cayman is no joke. I drove a 2014 cayman s, then a 2014 carrera s back to back. I prefer the cayman because of its lower weight, perfect balance. And it feels superb in the low rpm. And the sound is magnificent. I feel like I'm in a true sports car. Its the best car I've ever driven. But I can't afford it. 110k + for cayman gts.

Last edited by AMGaintBAD; 01-31-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:15 PM

2013 c63 coupe p31
Originally Posted by odonnks
Not hating but I do agree with the others. Something is wrong with the car.
A TCU reset may help but that won't help the vibrating.
I don't think anything is wrong with my car. The vibrating is similar to when you drive a manual, and your in too high a gear at slow speed. Not a major vibration, but you can tell it's not happy until 3000 rpm.

As for TCU reset, I'm afraid it might interfere with my ecu tune. I'm not sure.

I also believe that prefacelift c63s would be a better city driver...probably smooth...never drove one though.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:00 PM

2015 E63 S model
How do you perform a TCU reset??
Old 02-01-2015, 12:05 AM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by ColoC63
How do you perform a TCU reset??
Remove start button, put key in, turn to position two, depress gas pedal all the way, hold for 10 seconds, keep foot on pedal, turn key all the way off but DO NOT remove. Take foot off gas. Sit patiently in the car and wait two minutes.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Having drivin 100's of 55 cars and nearly every amg out there I can tell you....C63's dont have the same lowend the e55's have. It's not by any means slow or weak but it's hard to compete with idle - 4500rpm 500lbft tq. the 63 simply doesnt have that power. Now with that being said consider its a good 500lbs lighter too. The c63 is the first amg that they actually stepped up to compete with m cars. Before the c63, no amg could come close to competing with an m car in the handling department. They were always high power, big braked luxury monsters. If you cant live without the torque you've gotten used to throw a blower on one. Thats pretty much what my car feels like... an e55 w/ headers, tune, pulley, ic except it doesnt heat soak after 2 good pulls or start to feel weak at 5krpm, it pulls to redline even harder. It also doesnt have the lazy 5spd transmission. Throttle blip downshifts and much quicker responsiveness. Its ride is noticeably rougher and the steering is more direct. It will eat tires in no time given the opportunity. Slightly smaller backseats, nearly the same size trunk. Way more supportive bolstered seats, but no fancy dynamic inflation on turns or message function. In the end it's about what you're looking for. It's definitely not as much "luxury" as the E's, but even more lethal. Oh yea, same mpg's as the e55 too, just with a smaller fuel tank lol.

Last edited by roadtalontsi; 02-01-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 AM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Originally Posted by AMGaintBAD
I don't think anything is wrong with my car. The vibrating is similar to when you drive a manual, and your in too high a gear at slow speed. Not a major vibration, but you can tell it's not happy until 3000 rpm.

As for TCU reset, I'm afraid it might interfere with my ecu tune. I'm not sure.

I also believe that prefacelift c63s would be a better city driver...probably smooth...never drove one though.
A TCU reset should not affect ECU tune.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:19 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Of coarse the E55 will have more low-end torque. It's forced induction. Superchargers generate instant boost, and therefore instant torque.