C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Rattle / Ride options and Renntech STB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
Rattle / Ride options and Renntech STB

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I truly believe the designers of this great vehicle surely never envisioned this car to be driving on the unforgiving and ignored roads of Washington D.C.. I love this car but I need to make moves to soften the ride and prevent the car from rattling to pieces from crap roads. I have a dreaded navigation rattle that my dealer won't touch due to making it worse from breaking it apart to deduce and fix (which results in me closing my navi every time I drive it), as well as a passenger seat rattle from the panel around the lumbar support that rattles everyday on my drive to work.

So, I've searched as much as I can for info about the front and rear Renntech strut tower braces and I need more info. I know its expensive, and there are many differing opinions on strut tower braces in general over many auto forums. I think they look amazing, but my main goal with my car is to minimize rattles as well as increase structural rigidity of the car.

I know i'm grasping for straws here and living in a dream world, but is it possible that STBs could help in any way with making the car more rigid and "together" to help prevent rattles even remotely? I'm already planning on switching to a more forgiving tire.

Last edited by c63Jimbo; 02-21-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
H&R springs got rid of my rear sunshade rattle and helped soften the car a little. No experience with STBs on this car but i doubt they will help much. My car lifts a wheel going into some steep driveways and nothing creaks or feels like it's twisting. I think the cars are pretty structurally rigid out of the box.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I would think STB would make things worse by stiffening the chassis. You need to soften things to absorb the road hits. Also, in re your passenger seat lumbar rattle, check to see that it's not the seatbelt rattling against the door side of the seat. Happens in my car. The plastic and metal buckle hits the plastic seat trim.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by c63Jimbo
I have a dreaded navigation rattle that my dealer won't touch due to making it worse from breaking it apart to deduce and fix (which results in me closing my navi every time I drive it), as well as a passenger seat rattle from the panel around the lumbar support that rattles everyday on my drive to work.
Find a different dealer and have it fixed while you are still under warranty. Sorry to put it this way but if you don't, you deserve to live with the rattle.