Seriously Considering a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 884 Likes on 619 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by cjpoore
I understand I won't be finding one for 30k, the one I'm looking at currently is 57. y'all go off topic too easy.
Some of these guys don't really understand sarcasm too well...

That being said, 57 is probably a touch high for a 13 at this point. As much as it pains me b/c I have a 13 but I picked it up for 56 last June-ish.

Again, this is a great place to be and we look forward to you purchasing your c and becoming an active member here. So don't get too crazy at us old folk who have seen many come and go with their "plans"
Old 02-28-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Some of these guys don't really understand sarcasm too well...

That being said, 57 is probably a touch high for a 13 at this point. As much as it pains me b/c I have a 13 but I picked it up for 56 last June-ish.

Again, this is a great place to be and we look forward to you purchasing your c and becoming an active member here. So don't get too crazy at us old folk who have seen many come and go with their "plans"

even if the car has 10,000 miles? I've been searching and it seems it's the most reasonable for the miles. however it was in an accident and reported being towed due to damage, however it is not a salvaged title. the pictures look good on the side of the reported damage, but we all know something can look 10/10 in photos and be a 3 in person...
Old 02-28-2015, 09:31 AM

Future C63
Originally Posted by c63Jimbo
Get your car and let's discuss charging together, I'm very interested in stage 2 and have similar questions especially mechanical work in my area. What type of car are you looking at? What's you color preference?
I can't sense if you're being serious or not....

but a coupe in white is what I want. unless I can find a sedan for a steal.

while the supercharger is being put on, I hope to be there to watch and learn if permitted.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
even if the car has 10,000 miles? I've been searching and it seems it's the most reasonable for the miles. however it was in an accident and reported being towed due to damage, however it is not a salvaged title. the pictures look good on the side of the reported damage, but we all know something can look 10/10 in photos and be a 3 in person...
In all seriousness, avoid that car. When you're spending this kind of money you don't want something that has been in an accident even if it was repaired at a reputable shop. There will ALWAYS be something that pops up, especially if the car was damaged bad enough to be towed. Just because it doesn't bang and pop now doesn't mean it wont 5k miles from now.

For reference, I picked up my accident free white on black sedan last summer (so peak pricing) for less than that car and it only had 9k miles. Hell, I'd even sell you it today for what you're about to pay for this coupe and mine even has an lsd (which would benefit you) as looks as though it just rolled off the showroom floor. Still only has 13k miles too.

Have you spent time on cars.com etc. to just get a feel for how much these cars are selling for? Don't let some dealer who picked up an overpriced wrecked car offload it on you. You don't need to clean up their mess.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:41 PM

Future C63
yes i've spent quite some time on cars.com, cargurus.com, and ebay. i don't really want one with over 20k miles. my absolute main preference is a white on black coupe, however i'd take a sedan in red or white but i reallllllllly want a coupe. i agree 57 is a little on the high side.

another question is does the black series/507 hood fit on the normal c63? i feel like it's a little far fetched to source one also, but i'm in love with the functioning hood vents, makes it that much more aggressive.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
yes i've spent quite some time on cars.com, cargurus.com, and ebay. i don't really want one with over 20k miles. my absolute main preference is a white on black coupe, however i'd take a sedan in red or white but i reallllllllly want a coupe. i agree 57 is a little on the high side.

another question is does the black series/507 hood fit on the normal c63? i feel like it's a little far fetched to source one also, but i'm in love with the functioning hood vents, makes it that much more aggressive.
Yes, that hood fits a normal c63. Only a facelift (2012+) and not a PFL though.

Just wait for the right coupe to come along. Don't rush into a purchase this big and settle for a red sedan when you clearly want a white coupe.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 PM

Future C63
Yes, that hood fits a normal c63. Only a facelift (2012+) and not a PFL though.

Just wait for the right coupe to come along. Don't rush into a purchase this big and settle for a red sedan when you clearly want a white coupe.
hmmmm but this sedan is sexy as hell, however bad dealership ratings and a reported accident http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=106446788

it's obvious it was rear ended or something if you look at the tail lights hahaha. i'm going to check it out this weekend.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
consider yourself VERY lucky! I just got an 08 C63 with under 50k for AUS$85,000. pricing here down under is so different. good luck with the hunt and the future upgrades!
Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
hmmmm but this sedan is sexy as hell, however bad dealership ratings and a reported accident http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=106446788

it's obvious it was rear ended or something if you look at the tail lights hahaha. i'm going to check it out this weekend.
It doesn't have the headlight package, so it has halogens. I'd pass on that, seriously.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:46 AM

Future C63
Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan
consider yourself VERY lucky! I just got an 08 C63 with under 50k for AUS$85,000. pricing here down under is so different. good luck with the hunt and the future upgrades!

holy crap! don't most guys import cars from Singapore? also, isn't modding super strict? congrats tho haha.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:47 AM

Future C63
another question; i've been reading up on the head bolt problem. should i just replace them with the Weistec ARP bolts as soon as i get the car?

Merc63, i think you could answer this. also, i read up on your build; you did the supercharger all your self? are you a former mechanic? as mentioned before i completely built a V6T, is this job most mechanically inclined people could take on? i've always believed in why pay for someone else to do it if you can do it yourself.

EDIT: i answered my own question regarding the head bolt problem, 2012+ come with upgraded headbolts?

Last edited by cjpoore; 03-02-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
another question; i've been reading up on the head bolt problem. should i just replace them with the Weistec ARP bolts as soon as i get the car?

Merc63, i think you could answer this. also, i read up on your build; you did the supercharger all your self? are you a former mechanic? as mentioned before i completely built a V6T, is this job most mechanically inclined people could take on? i've always believed in why pay for someone else to do it if you can do it yourself.

EDIT: i answered my own question regarding the head bolt problem, 2012+ come with upgraded headbolts?
2012+ do come with upgraded headbolts. That issue is exclusive to models 2011 and older.

A mechanically inclined person can most likely take on the job to install the supercharger. Obviously it will take you longer as well. However, you need to plan for some expenses that involve acquiring specialty tools (cam shaft tools) and such things. I do not know all that goes into it, Merc will know much better than myself.

If you're down in there then you can go ahead and go ARP studs, I also recommend it.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
holy crap! don't most guys import cars from Singapore? also, isn't modding super strict? congrats tho haha.
thanks mate! I normally get my cars from the dealership. less hassle for me I guess. Modding is a bit strict but coppers are looking into jap cars more than euros.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c63
Originally Posted by unruin
I think posts like this should require proof of the ability to purchase.

While we wait for you to post that, allow me to regal you with stories of the Aventador I may or not be purchasing.

I also want a 458 Italia but I don't like the tires that come on it. Should I take the wheels from my Veyron and put them on my McLaren?
laugh out in the office
Old 03-08-2015, 12:15 AM

Future C63
test drove that Mars Red one and wow, fell in love with the car. asked if i could step on it with the salesmen and he says hell yea. it broke loose and my jaw dropped. in love with the car but it definitely had some damage. got to mess around in a M3 and ISF but neither compared. i will for sure be purchasing a C63.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ Don't rush your purchase and settle on something you don't want. There are tons of good used c63's on the market right now so dig around and negotiate on ones specific to your wants.

Also, please please please get the headlight package. I know you were looking at one with halogens which are just not good at all.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:25 PM

Future C63
^ Don't rush your purchase and settle on something you don't want. There are tons of good used c63's on the market right now so dig around and negotiate on ones specific to your wants.

Also, please please please get the headlight package. I know you were looking at one with halogens which are just not good at all.
oh there's no way I would buy that Mars Red one. whoever owned it before had to be 16, because the wheels, grille, rear emblem and trim, AND THE EMBLEM ON THE HOOD was plastidipped. PLASTIDIP ON AN AMG!? ridiculous. also what's operating temp on these cars? the needle got to 80/center, then slowly rose. kinda concerned me.

yea I'll definitely be putting the headlight package into consideration because the halogens are ehhhhhhhh.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
oh there's no way I would buy that Mars Red one. whoever owned it before had to be 16, because the wheels, grille, rear emblem and trim, AND THE EMBLEM ON THE HOOD was plastidipped. PLASTIDIP ON AN AMG!? ridiculous. also what's operating temp on these cars? the needle got to 80/center, then slowly rose. kinda concerned me.

yea I'll definitely be putting the headlight package into consideration because the halogens are ehhhhhhhh.
The needle's natural position in this car is above center.

If you flip through on the center display you'll come to temps. You'll likely see between 215-224. Cars don't even go into limp mode until 270 or 280 I believe. You really have to be on it to get there.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:14 AM

Future C63
found a '14 white sedan with 7500 miles, fully loaded including headlight package for 50k. good deal or not? absolutely nothing on the carfax, Florida owned.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^If there is truly nothing on the carfax then that is a steal. I mean, that is really good... Private sale or dealer? I'd tread carefully but if it seems legit..

Maybe ask the seller if you can take it to a dealer to get a PPI (pre purchase inspection)
Old 03-11-2015, 02:42 AM

Future C63
^If there is truly nothing on the carfax then that is a steal. I mean, that is really good... Private sale or dealer? I'd tread carefully but if it seems legit..

Maybe ask the seller if you can take it to a dealer to get a PPI (pre purchase inspection)
'tis at an auction. forgot I had a friend who has a dealer license down there. also found out a friend up here has access to an auction so I have him looking.

also thank you very much for the help PurpleHeartAMG
Old 03-11-2015, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan

A lot of us actually plastidip.......I plastidipped everything chrome on the car, its been two years and it has held up great and looks great.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
A 14 sedan with less than 10K miles for 50 grand is either a) an auction car,b) has been rearended twice with frame damage, or c) all of the above haha.

I'd be very skeptical of that car , auction or not.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG

i see no wrong using plasti dip. its not permanent and can be removed whenever you get bored. It just has to be done right.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Jiew
someone should make a thread about everyone's first car lol
1965 Corvair Corsa 2 door. Went all of about 14 miles before it died and I sold it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seriously Considering a C63