EUROCHARGED Performance C63 ECU Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Post EUROCHARGED Performance C63 ECU Review

Eurocharged W204 C63 ECU tune March 2015

I recently purchased the C 63 ECU tune from EUROCHARGED for my 2014 C63 sedan with 2200 miles.. I wanted to post a short review of the process and the results . My Mercedes Benz Master Tech had recommended either use a Eurocharged or Weistec ECU upgrade. I spoke to both parties involved and found them both to be very professional and knowledgeable regarding the ECU tune they offered. Neither shops would bad mouth each other and only spoke highly of both products. I decided to go with Eurocharged since they offered the handheld mygenius device which offers much greater convenience to upload and restore the ECU. Weistec may make sense for future discounts if you plan further hardware upgrades . I made several phone calls to Eurocharged and each time spoke with a patient rep who answered all my questions i(which I am sure have been asked again and again). After purchase Eurocharged sent me a the handheld programming device called the mygenius which arrived in about four days. The instructions for the installation process was somewhat confusing for an amateur like myself. So for others like myself out there I will review how I underwent the program programming process.

Eurocharged sent me the mygenius device with necessary cable attachments. The first step is to update the mygenius. To do this you will need to send an email to Eurocharged with the serial number of the mygenius. On receipt of this email Eurocharged will send you the following instructions and a data file so that you may update your mygenius.

Config file attached.
Follow these steps to get it imported.
1. Unplug the MyGenius from the PC
2. Update the MyGenius software 3 times
3. Plug in the MyGenius and update the genius device…ignoring the errors.
4. Close the software
5. Open the software
6. Click on update – Import ABL from the TOP text menu.
7. Import the attached abl file
8. Run the mandatory update
Then you are free to send us the ID file.

These instructions are a little strange but they do work. Once the mygenius has been updated you will take the device to your vehicle and extract data from the ECU. For keyless cars it is easier to use the key to turn dashboard lights on and back to "off" ( not full power off). Mygenius is not extracting the ECU full data from the vehicle. It is simply taking what data it needs to identify your vehicle, altitude and other necessary data so that Eurocharged can can mate the Mygenius to your car and allow the Ecu to be programmed. So I will warn you that the display on the mygenius will not be exactly as stated in the instructions as this was confusing to me. Once you have extracted the identifying data from your vehicle on to mygenius that file will be forwarded to Eurocharged. Eurocharged will use that information and send the ECU tune specific for your vehicle, fuel and altitude back to you by email. Again this data file may show up in your junk mail. The turn around time for returning a ECU tune is typically less than 24 hours . The ECU tune file is downloaded onto the mygenius device and then from the mygenius device to the vehicle. Once the new tune is on the vehicle mygenius will now display a new option called ORIGINAL . In the future if you wish to restore the ECU back to factory stock you would upload this ORIGINAL file .

As I stated this was a confusing process because the instructions are all generic and not specific for a C63. However I must give credit to Eurocharged for all the help that they provided. I contacted Jerry Thornton with any issues that I had and he was always very responsive either on the phone or via email . I was shocked at how quickly he would respond. Everybody that I dealt with at Eurocharged was very courteous, professional and knowledgeable.. Since I was so satisfied with the customer service experience at Eurocharged I thought i would do my part and share that . I have no affiliation with them and am simply a very happy customer. I have confidence in their product and believe they will be there when I next need them. I strongly believe some products are only as good as the service that comes with them.

As far as the results of the tune. My previous daily driver was a 2012 E63 with power package ( so 550hp/590lb-ft torque at 2000rpm). The stock C63 felt a little sluggish compared to the twin turbo power I was used to. However after the tune I am alot happier . The power gain is definite and adequate but do not expect a new onset of neck breaking acceleration. There is definitely more urgency to all that you ask from the engine but still everything remains smooth and refined. The downshift blips put a smile on my face every time ! The power increase is noticeable throughout the rev range but most obvious in S+ mode. My wish would be to have stock in C mode and the ECU tune kick in in S or S+ modes. Overall I would recommend the upgrade and it is easy to see why so many have decided to go with Eurocharged.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Sedan
jerry is the best guy i have ever dealed with, fast response even my stupid question
Old 03-11-2015, 06:55 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adolzero
jerry is the best guy i have ever dealed with, fast response even my stupid question
100% approval - thats Jerry
Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
Yup, Jerry and Phillip both respond lightning fast to any questions I had in the past!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Weistec and Eurocharged are 2 reputable tuners so either way you cannot go wrong. I choose Eurocharged thanks to their Black Friday promo and because I was in the area at the time. So I threw the car on the dyno as well.
That is an interesting switch you did coming from E63. Usually C63 owners upgrade to E63. In my case before parting ways with my previous sedan I was dead on an E63S until I drove one and realized it wasn't what I was looking for at the time . I had an opportunity on the BS and jumped on it.
Well enjoy in good health!