Diff Question From The UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Diff Question From The UK

Hi Guys,

I have read all the Quaife and all the Wavetrac information on their diffs for the C63.
In the UK Quaife has always been the prefered etc and in the US I guess Wavetrac. We dont have many users of Wavetrac and no comparisons between the two.
What are the advantages / disadvantages over each diff is there?
The car will never do track or have more than an Eurocharger map etc.

Many Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:44 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
From what I have seen, reviews etc they are both excellent. The wavetrac is supposedly slightly better in its design and how it behaves under certain conditions (search their website). I would just take the cheapest, most easily available of the two.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 PM

C63
Hi,

I did read up on the wavtrac but does the design concept make it perform better than the quaife? Would I notice a difference between the two on normal driving, not using my car on track?

I do suffer with the snap of power than traction control kicking in when ever I try to pull off with a bit of urgency, will both help this or is one better than the other?
Old 03-17-2015, 06:04 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by the_big_1
Hi,

I did read up on the wavtrac but does the design concept make it perform better than the quaife? Would I notice a difference between the two on normal driving, not using my car on track?

I do suffer with the snap of power than traction control kicking in when ever I try to pull off with a bit of urgency, will both help this or is one better than the other?
What the tread like on your rear tyres ?

I get that snap when the roads are wet but I just adjust my driving to suit. No doubt a LSD will help but it's not the be all and end all. If money is no object then get one fitted. Either of the 2 will make a huge difference but as you are not tracking the car just get the cheaper one.

Otherwise the car is more than stable enough without it.
In the dry I have no problem whatsoever getting as much power down as I like so I save my spirited driving for those days
Old 03-17-2015, 07:11 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Either one will be fine. You will notice a huge difference from stock but no difference between the quaife or wavetrac. Perhaps a professional driver would have a preference one way or the other.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:14 PM
GRP

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C63
I put in a Wavetrac.

I read up on both and decided Wavetrac given (a) the number of satisifed customers on this forum (which may be as you point out that the Wavetrac is the bigger USA player) and (b) a good price shipped from USA to Australia.

The difference between stock non LSD and the Wavetrac is substantial.

For a daily driver, my understanding is that you will be equally happy with either the Quaife or the Wavetrac - simply take the best deal you can get and you woll not regret it. Anguishing over which one is "better" is not worth the stress.