C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Carbonio CF airbox intake system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Thoughts on Carbonio CF airbox intake system?

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Carbonio CF airbox intake system? At $1400, it seems like a bit much for an airbox but it does look nice in the CF. Ive heard from a few people that the fitment isnt perfect even though they advertise it as "perfect fitment." You would think at that price point, the fitment would be spot-on.. At this point, Im leaning more towards the row airbox but it looks just like our stock ones, however, it costs half of what the carbonio system would cost. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
The ones i have turned yellow over time but other then that they fit perfect and are slightly bigger then stock and ROW boxxes.
If your lookong for used im looking to part ways with mine as im looking to get a ARMA intake system.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
imho the gain will be minimal ... doesn't matter how beautiful and perfect it fits ..its too much $ imo. would rather do headers instead.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
buy the renntech airboxes if your looking for a power increase

Unless your going with a supercharger the carbonio airboxes are useless for your application

good luck
Old 03-18-2015, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I'd have never gotten these if I had to pay retail. They are larger than the OE/ROW boxes, probably 20%. They look nice. The fit (for mine at least) is OE quality. They sound louder. But I think the gains over ROW will be minimal.

If you are dead set on spending that kind of money on an intake, go Renntech. Otherwise stick with ROW and put the money you save towards headers.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mthis
The ones i have turned yellow over time but other then that they fit perfect and are slightly bigger then stock and ROW boxxes.
If your lookong for used im looking to part ways with mine as im looking to get a ARMA intake system.
You sure about ARMA? For that kind of money, why not go Renntech? You'll have money leftover to get the Revozport/GruppeM ram-air system to round it out, and have more or less the same thing.

The bigger surface-area filters are surely nice, but the looks and gimmicky 'variable flow' junk really turns me off to the company.

I'd just as soon make some pipes up to put cone filters in front of the radiators. Still might, and for sure it'll be more efficient and get you colder air.

I was looking at this a couple months ago, but have never seen a single review, here or anywhere else. Makes you wonder...
Old 03-18-2015, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
You sure about ARMA? For that kind of money, why not go Renntech? You'll have money leftover to get the Revozport/GruppeM ram-air system to round it out, and have more or less the same thing.

The bigger surface-area filters are surely nice, but the looks and gimmicky 'variable flow' junk really turns me off to the company.

I'd just as soon make some pipes up to put cone filters in front of the radiators. Still might, and for sure it'll be more efficient and get you colder air.

I was looking at this a couple months ago, but have never seen a single review, here or anywhere else. Makes you wonder...
Time to try something new. i already have the ram air front portion. the Arma has fans inside that turn on when u go wot to feed more air so that should help. will see
Thoughts on Carbonio CF airbox intake system?-20150312_182424.jpg

Last edited by mthis; 03-18-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mthis
Time to try something new. i already have the ram air front portion. the Arma has fans inside that turn on when u go wot to feed more air so that should help. will see

Man, I'd really think carefully about that. A fan in your intake is only going to restrict flow. There's no fan that can push enough air to make any noticeable difference.

The only thing that will make a real difference over what you have now is either Dad's ram-air hood, or relocating the filters in front of the radiator (I think there's room... project on the way).

Good luck whatever you do, but I encourage you to do more research on this. If it actually worked, it would be commonplace by now.

Just found this:
You would need leaf-blowers in there to make ANY difference.

(and if you do go that route, I'd be happy to take your ram-air system off your hands for you )
Old 03-18-2015, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Man, I'd really think carefully about that. A fan in your intake is only going to restrict flow. There's no fan that can push enough air to make any noticeable difference.

The only thing that will make a real difference over what you have now is either Dad's ram-air hood, or relocating the filters in front of the radiator (I think there's room... project on the way).

Good luck whatever you do, but I encourage you to do more research on this. If it actually worked, it would be commonplace by now.

Just found this: Electric SuperChargers Mythbusted - YouTube
You would need leaf-blowers in there to make ANY difference.

(and if you do go that route, I'd be happy to take your ram-air system off your hands for you )
will see if i can sell both front portion and airboxes i will try it log it to see if it flows more air. if not sell them on ebay and put row boxes on. i have a set of does also so i wont be left with no intake.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
ill take your front bit
mine has fell to parts
Old 03-18-2015, 11:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 AMG FBO, 2014 E63 AMG S
Save your money, either get ROW boxes, or a Renntech.

Last edited by dubzAMG; 03-18-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
dude, arma intake does not have a fan inside the filter.....they have valve inside the filter.

not really speak for arma but want to deliver right info....
i saw few arma c63 intake in simon motorsport: https://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai/