C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bought EC MyGenius+Tune - What next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
Bought EC MyGenius+Tune - What next?

I have purchased the MyGenius+Tune from Eurocharged but have not installed it yet. Since I am planning a couple other (minor) mods that will affect the tune that they send me, I want to get those done first so I can have EC send me the tune specific to my setup (and only have to do it one time).

My question here is, without breaking the bank, what are some other things I can do (prior to getting the tune file) to get the most benefit out of the EC tune?

Right now, I am thinking:

- ROW Air Boxes
- AFE ProDry S Filters + Charcoal delete
- Secondary Cat Delete

Again, I am trying to keep it conservative at first. Eventually I'd like to go the LTH route but not right now.

Any other suggestions on things I can do at this point to maximize the benefits of the EC tune would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My car: 2013 C63 w/P31
Old 03-26-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
Originally Posted by kjkidd21
I have purchased the MyGenius+Tune from Eurocharged but have not installed it yet. Since I am planning a couple other (minor) mods that will affect the tune that they send me, I want to get those done first so I can have EC send me the tune specific to my setup (and only have to do it one time).

My question here is, without breaking the bank, what are some other things I can do (prior to getting the tune file) to get the most benefit out of the EC tune?

- ROW Air Boxes
- Secondary Cat Delete

Again, I am trying to keep it conservative at first. Eventually I'd like to go the LTH route but not right now.

Any other suggestions on things I can do at this point to maximize the benefits of the EC tune would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

x-pipe/ secondary cat delete and resonator delete
Old 03-26-2015, 01:27 PM

E63S AMG
Originally Posted by akmatic63
x-pipe/ secondary cat delete and resonator delete
So delete the primary & secondary cats as well as the resonator?

If I go that route, I am afraid that it is going to be too loud. I figured I would delete the secondary cats first (replace with straight pipes) and see how it sounds. If i still wanted it louder at that point, I could then remove the resonator as well.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Your plan is fine. Leave the primary cats.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:21 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by kjkidd21

- ROW Air Boxes
- Secondary Cat Delete

TUNE IT!!!

Getting a new file for future mods is quick and easy!!! (and free)

Enjoy the power now!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
You are good to go !
Filters, ROW airboxes, 2nd cat delete will be additional but won't really make a huge difference. You'll definitely have a louder exhaust note.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 PM

E63S AMG
ECS Tuning just called me about 20 minutes ago to let me know that my ROW airboxes are on backorder from Germany and won't be here for 2-3 weeks. FML.