C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Tuning Help and Other Bits for My 2013 C63 Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
Tuning Help and Other Bits for My 2013 C63 Please...

Hi to everyone,

I am the new owner of a C63 and looking to do some upgrades. I am new to this particular platform, so some good advice would be greatly appreciated.

First I am looking at a tune, however nothing too elaborate. I want to run in the October Texas Mile against my BMW buddies, and I need something more than what I have. I topped her out at 160 over the weekend before the speed limiter interfered. My BMW buddies seem to have quite a few options when it comes to tuning their M cars, but I know nothing about the MB options at all. Does the dealership offer anything, or is it aftermarket all the way?

I read on this forum I think about a company that were doing what seemed to be a decent tune, but there was so much drama going back and forth about who they were and their involvement with other companies that I just didn't want to even finish reading it. Too much drama from people getting worked up over non-important stuff. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Air filters and these boxes I read on the forum seem to make a difference, but I don't really know, so can anyone give me some insight on them? One other thing I noticed about this car is the really, really substandard headlamps. I don't have the LED's or the fancy lights on my car, so I have to settle for replacing with a halogen or better bulb. Does anyone have any suggestions on a better bulb? These are pretty yellow, but the fog lamps on the very bottom look to be LED. Not sure why MB would mix different type lighting-it looks kind of stupid really. So something more white light would be much better. The high beams are really good, but again still the yellow light.

I am looking for wheels, but the options seem endless so I will just keep searching. I am pretty picky on this subject, and do not want anything that steps outside of the wheel arch. Also black, most likely a matte black, or semi-matte in a mesh style.

I'm sure there is a whole lot of info on the forum and I am looking forward to getting started. Thanks for all of your input. Oh, how do I upload images onto the forum? I have no idea. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
OK, So I got the info on the tune, and I found wheels, but how about headlamp bulbs to fit? They are the halogen bulbs. Thanks to anyone for some ideas on this item.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
we can help you out on the tuning and we still have our tuning special going on right now with the handheld tuner. We have run the texas mile many times!! (located in houston)

If you have any questions let me know!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by Huchimo01
OK, So I got the info on the tune, and I found wheels, but how about headlamp bulbs to fit? They are the halogen bulbs. Thanks to anyone for some ideas on this item.

I have a 2010 and used Phillips Diamond Vision in a H7 bulb in my high beams. I have Bi-xenons for low beams but you can use the same bulb in both I think. They are around 5000K and should match your leds. Maybe they come in a Hi and Lo beam version but not sure.

Online says H7 55W for both high and low beams:

http://www.philipsautolighting.com/b...ar=2013&trim=7

Amazon has then as one source. Not sure if the link will stay good.

Amazon.com: Philips - Diamond Vision H7 Halogen HID Bulbs (Pair): Automotive Amazon.com: Philips - Diamond Vision H7 Halogen HID Bulbs (Pair): Automotive