C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What new filters to buy and charcoal delete, help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13' C63 AMG P31
What new filters to buy and charcoal delete, help!

There is two things I am trying to get out of this, and I was hoping that some of you guys with experience can give me some advice. I have a stock 2013 C63 PP, and I wanted to buy new air filters, so was wondering which brand to get. Secondly, I've been doing a lot of reading about the charcoal delete and was wondering if it is worth it.

For the air filters, I'm deciding between two brands, Weistec or AFE Pro Dry S. Probably not a big difference between the two, but which one do you guys prefer? Obviously, quality and easy installation is a big factor so please chime in on this selection. I have heard good things from both, currently leaning towards Weistec because they are well known, but AFE could be just as good if not better?

Next is the charcoal delete. I have read through past threads about people experiencing CEL issues and others have not. Some have said that the car needs time to adapt to more air inflow which causes the CEL to turn off. After I install new air filters, should I remove the charcoal filters too or is it not worth it given our cars ECU's react differently to this mod?

All I really want from this simple mod is a little performance gain (if any) and most importantly a beefier and louder exhaust note. If you guys have had positive experiences with this please share. Does the car drive/respond better? Does it sound a lot louder or any better? Any issues that I might expect? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
My Lexus has aFe. My C63 has Weistec. They both seem the same quality wise. You can't go wrong with either. I chose weistec for the C63 because someone had a brand new spare set for a cheap price. I did the charcoal delete too. I saved the filters in case I got a CEL. I didn't. But I also have a tune. Charcoal delete won't really buy you any power. And the filters probably only give you a few ponies. The benefit to me is the reusability.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I would get a new aftermarket set only if the OEM's need to be changed. I had charcoal delete plus Afe Pro dry S on my previous C63 and there was no noticeable difference.