C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Too cool for school?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Too cool for school?

So I was cruising down a fun mountain road yesterday. I wasn't really watching my mirrors, but when I did look up I noticed an AWESOME matte gray/black C63 with blacked out wheels and a generally sinister look. I really loved it!!

So naturally I roll down the windows, stick the arm out and give a big thumbs up. No reaction. We cruise some more so I give a few revs, still no reaction. Then as hes turning to another road I try one last time to give the big thumbs up. Still nothing.

Was kind of disheartening. With all the other brands cars Ive owned I always would give a thumbs up to other enthusiasts and either get a thumbs up back or sometimes start up a conversation.

Has anyone noticed that other benz drivers just dont give a **** ? I have totally stopped even commenting or thumb upping SLSs. They always act like everyone is beneath them.

Of course I'm newly moved out to LA, so it could be an LA thing also?
Old 05-22-2015, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
A lot of people out here buy cars as status and has nothing to do with being an enthusiasts.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
17' C43 Sedan
nah... unfortunately it seems to be the norm for Mercedes owners unfortunately. Locally the BMW crowd seem to be more on the enthusiast side of things. They always have meets and gatherings
Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
Originally Posted by equetefue
nah... unfortunately it seems to be the norm for Mercedes owners unfortunately. Locally the BMW crowd seem to be more on the enthusiast side of things. They always have meets and gatherings
yeah, meets full of thug life kids and low lives... it's not what it used to be
Old 05-22-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Hey darkus,

I have had the same "I don't see you" routine when I've spotted another C63 which isn't very often. I live in San Clemente, CA and across the street from me in another housing community I have occasionally seen a grey pre-face lift C63 driven by a guy entering the private street. One day I happened to be driving my C63 and as I was about to turn on to the main street out comes that grey C63 and I end up behind it. I waved, but no response. Further up the road I ended up right beside it at a stop light and again waved at the driver (a woman driving this time). She wouldn't even look and just stared straight ahead. On the green she stayed way back which pretty much said "I don't want to know you!" So don't feel too bad because another time a younger man in an older C63 not only waved but revved his engine too. I did the same so hopefully, you'll eventually meet a fellow enthusiast too. Hey, you already did! We're all right here at MBWorld.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Audi A4
Darkus, was he a younger guy/older guy?

I was driving along the 401 yesterday and a guy probably in his 50s driving his E Class gave me the thumbs up and i returned the favour. I look ahead and i see a blacked out C63. I gave the thumbs up and so did he.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I would say that LA definitely has something to do with it.

Around me there aren't really other AMG's, but I get thumbs up from all sorts of scenes.

Except Porsche. Those guys are *****es, and I used to own one. I had someone follow me all the way to my house in my 911 once. Little erie at first but once I realized he was just drooling over it I took him for a spin instead of telling him off.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 '10
Hey Darkus,

Welcome to LA, if i see you Ill give you a thumbs up!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:51 PM

dreams
maybe he was jealous of your black series
Old 05-22-2015, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I usually love giving people thumbs up, kicking it down, or talking to them at a light but sometimes Im just not in the mood. Usually if someone is in the car with me or Im on the phone, etc. Could be lots of reasons why the driver didnt want to play/talk with you. I prefer not to judge people (too harshly ahah) for their decisions or actions.

Speaking of meets here in Toronto we have a great MB/AMG Crew -MB True North. In addition we have partnered with BMW True North and they are great too! Both groups have a growing following and members are quite respectful towards each other minus the light playfulness on social media -but its all in fun.

Too cool for school?-ybzqprz.jpg

Last night there was Canada's largest car meet Ertefa and that usually attracts a younger crowd which causes issues but this year there was a lot of planning and the event was a huge success. The grid lock getting into the event was a different story though. I left early when cars were still showing up... here is my video just going down one street from the event. The streets were plugged in all directions!

More photos for you guys (Sorry for hijacking OP)
Too cool for school?-fdbj29m.jpg
Too cool for school?-mtxstry.jpg
Too cool for school?-bfymlbf.jpg
Too cool for school?-qyzqjyd.jpg
Too cool for school?-d6jztw9.jpg

Last edited by VaclavSV; 05-22-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Lot of people that drive nice cars are *******s man. Uptight douches with too much money and no manners/decency.

Next time just try once and move on. I don't even give thumbs up anymore unless gives one or does something similar first.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by sick430
A lot of people out here buy cars as status and has nothing to do with being an enthusiasts.
Always a shame especially with certain rare cars. Seeing a C63 in my area is pretty rare or even just an AMG. I would try just like Darkus to get their attention and would be sad if they didn't give any sign. Kinda makes you want to pull them out of their car and beat some courtesy sense into them
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Lol I actually used to get this all the time. Mostly because it's Arab kids in DC that feel so entitled and above everyone else. No one actually really cares about AMG's unless they know what it is. Now that I have a GT-R, it's a different story. All the amgs and M's try to wave and talk cars. Don't get me started on the GTR community, they're all great and friendly. I've seen two gtr's on the road, and they've both u-turned and went out of their way to have a conversation, one owner, who was Asian bought me a cup of coffee as a congratulations since I had new temporary tags.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
OP - could just be that the other person wasn't paying attention, not intentionally being an *******. Or, since we have so many AMG's here, they didn't really care so much, for lack of a better phrase.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:38 PM

2011 C63 AMG
That was a great turnout, i've actually noticed that most of the guys that were there too were all young guys like myself (I'm 22 btw) heck the guy with the white C63 there was 20! i guess what i am trying to say is that it all comes down to who is passionate about these cars. (sorry for thread jacking OP)

Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I usually love giving people thumbs up, kicking it down, or talking to them at a light but sometimes Im just not in the mood. Usually if someone is in the car with me or Im on the phone, etc. Could be lots of reasons why the driver didnt want to play/talk with you. I prefer not to judge people (too harshly ahah) for their decisions or actions.

Speaking of meets here in Toronto we have a great MB/AMG Crew -MB True North. In addition we have partnered with BMW True North and they are great too! Both groups have a growing following and members are quite respectful towards each other minus the light playfulness on social media -but its all in fun.

Last night there was Canada's largest car meet Ertefa and that usually attracts a younger crowd which causes issues but this year there was a lot of planning and the event was a huge success. The grid lock getting into the event was a different story though. I left early when cars were still showing up... here is my video just going down one street from the event. The streets were plugged in all directions!

Ertefa Departure 2015 - YouTube

More photos for you guys (Sorry for hijacking OP)

Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Alot of it is particular to LA. I'm a native socal, grew up in the 60s-80, finally left LA in 1995 for the reasons anyone from LA undoubtedly knows.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I had two fellow MB owners come up to me at the gas station today. I must've been there for 45 minutes because they kept asking about my car, asking what I thought of their rides, etc. I didn't mind at all because they were polite and eager to learn/discuss.

There are definitely some good MB enthusiasts out there. Geography plays a role.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
all i saw were the asses.

what are you guys talking about again?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:19 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
interesting thread: I don't wave at folks simply because of being treated poorly by others better off than me.......now if someone in a POS waves, I'm friendly......

but to the nice cars? hell no, I don't even look they're direction to 'validate' them LOL.....
Old 05-23-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Great replies guys, keeps the hope alive for our community. If only everyone out there in the real world were like us!

Originally Posted by stratman
Hey darkus,

I have had the same "I don't see you" routine when I've spotted another C63 which isn't very often. I live in San Clemente, CA and across the street from me in another housing community I have occasionally seen a grey pre-face lift C63 driven by a guy entering the private street. One day I happened to be driving my C63 and as I was about to turn on to the main street out comes that grey C63 and I end up behind it. I waved, but no response. Further up the road I ended up right beside it at a stop light and again waved at the driver (a woman driving this time). She wouldn't even look and just stared straight ahead. On the green she stayed way back which pretty much said "I don't want to know you!" So don't feel too bad because another time a younger man in an older C63 not only waved but revved his engine too. I did the same so hopefully, you'll eventually meet a fellow enthusiast too. Hey, you already did! We're all right here at MBWorld.
Damn straight!

Originally Posted by c32_amg_79
Darkus, was he a younger guy/older guy?

I was driving along the 401 yesterday and a guy probably in his 50s driving his E Class gave me the thumbs up and i returned the favour. I look ahead and i see a blacked out C63. I gave the thumbs up and so did he.
He had his windows completely tinted (same as mine) so I couldn't tell anything about the driver. Just the way the car was styled (matte wrap, dark wheels, dark tints) I would assume he was on the younger side...

Thats a great experience! I'm coming from having had the other german enthusiast cars and would routinly give thumbs up or waves to other drivers and would more often then not get a response.

After this experience it dawned on me that I've been giving waves and thumbs to every AMG I come across and haven't gotten a single nod or acknowledgement. So thats when it dawned on me to make this post and see what others experiences were.

I still get the occasional M3 driver and lots of RS5 drivers who have alot of respect and have kind words to give

Originally Posted by ohpauldontstop
Hey Darkus,

Welcome to LA, if i see you Ill give you a thumbs up!
Thanks! Please wave or flash the highbeams if you see me, i'll return the favor

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Always a shame especially with certain rare cars. Seeing a C63 in my area is pretty rare or even just an AMG. I would try just like Darkus to get their attention and would be sad if they didn't give any sign. Kinda makes you want to pull them out of their car and beat some courtesy sense into them
Yes that was the second stage of feelings I had, first was denial, so I tried to get his attention two more times. Second was anger j/k

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
OP - could just be that the other person wasn't paying attention, not intentionally being an *******. Or, since we have so many AMG's here, they didn't really care so much, for lack of a better phrase.
Its possible, but we were on a windy one lane drivers type road and he was only about 1-2 car lengths behind me, so I can only assume he saw my arm stick out and thumb up like crazy. I was thinking he would flash the high beams or honk or anything

Originally Posted by zibby43
I had two fellow MB owners come up to me at the gas station today. I must've been there for 45 minutes because they kept asking about my car, asking what I thought of their rides, etc. I didn't mind at all because they were polite and eager to learn/discuss.

There are definitely some good MB enthusiasts out there. Geography plays a role.
Thats awesome, thats what its all about, even tho it probably dragged on a bit and you had better things to do, its still a fun thing to look back on and we know those guys will want to get a C63 one day...

Originally Posted by sick430
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Lot of people that drive nice cars are *******s man. Uptight douches with too much money and no manners/decency.

Next time just try once and move on. I don't even give thumbs up anymore unless gives one or does something similar first.
Yea you guys are probably right, but I dont want to give up on the AMG love yet. Sometimes I dont even think about it, I jsut see an awesome AMG and instinctivly give the thumbs up. I'm sure they look at me as if Im a total dork Dorkness aside, the matte black really fits the C63 Coupe perfectly......

The car looked just like this (except the wheels looked aftermarket and the car was not a 507) and in person it did not look tacky at all, it was just MEAN

Last edited by darkus; 05-23-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63 M157
I get acknowledgement from all AMG owners here in NorCal, as well as from the BMW, Audi, Import & Muscle crowd whether it be a thumbs up, rev, or smile. There are the AMG owners I run into that seem to not really care & those usually are the S-class & CL AMGs from my personal experience. I've even had the SUV models (ML63, ML55) follow me or compliment my car at the stoplight before.

Last edited by BiturboSF; 05-24-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:44 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wealthy people have always thought their poo doesn't stink.........f them in the nose
Old 05-24-2015, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
There are so many people out there with some major attitude. Oh yeah, I'm sure there are so many more of those in LA.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
You should come to Michigan. I've yet to see another C63. I saw a CLA45 and an older ML63 once.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63, SLS Black Series, C63 Blackseries
Yeah thats happened to me a few times before too. You try to give a guy a thumbs up and he has no reaction. I personally love it when people give me a thumbs up or talk to me about my cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Too cool for school?