▀▄ eas | Vorsteiner VFF103 Flow Forged Wheels IN STOCK - Carbon Graphite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 P31 black/black
Originally Posted by Spazdoc
Thanks. BTW, did you remove the spacer?

I am leaning towards Carbon Graphite, but they almost look black in the pics above.
????? U MUST use the spacer or the wheels hit the brakes. Vorsteiner is aware of this and above is an email I recieved from them directly. It's earlier in this thread.

These r in stock P31 springs. I'm lowered on coilovers now. No rub issues. Rear are super tight but no rubbing.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
Originally Posted by Eric ATP
????? U MUST use the spacer or the wheels hit the brakes. Vorsteiner is aware of this and above is an email I recieved from them directly. It's earlier in this thread.

These r in stock P31 springs. I'm lowered on coilovers now. No rub issues. Rear are super tight but no rubbing.

I was confused when you said initially (meaning that the story was different after their initial response).

I emailed Vorsteiner yesterday and they stated that no spacer is needed for C63. I guess I will have to go back and clarify, as it seems odd that a set of 19s need a spacer while my stock 18s fit just fine.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
So weird. I don't know if it's a Vorsteiner issue or with the shop I got mine from or what, but their offsets seem to be all over the place. I'm running 19x8.5" ET45 front with 245/35 and 19x10" ET52 rear with 275/30. In the front I have 20mm spacers, and it is pretty damn close to flush, I could even go 25mm and get away with it. In the rear I have no spacers, and it's also perfect. Zero rubbing at stock P31 height.

In theory, this probably shouldn't work in the front - my effective offset is +25 which is very aggressive on a narrow-body C63. I don't know where the offsets are going wrong. I need to pull my wheels and give them another look to make sure they're stamped correctly.

Wheels look great though
Old 03-23-2016, 02:41 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Below is a direct email from Nick Barns that was sent to me. Unless they send me a bum set knowingly and still listed the offset the same then I only know what he said and what fits on my car. If you remove the spacer you will need to repair ur brake calipers and fix your wheels.

"Hello Eric,

Thank you for the interest in the Vorsteiner Flow Forged line.

The V-FF 103's would look great on your C63 AMG. We currently offer the wheels in a 19X8.5 in the front and a 19X9.5 in the rear. Our wheels are application specific, the 9.5 in the rear is the only option we offer. Our current fitment in the rear is flush. Anything wider you are going to run into rubbing issues.

As a for warning you do have to run a 3MM spacer in the rear to clear the C63 BBK.

Below is a link to a recent C63 AMG we did our full aero and wheels on.

Let us know what you think.

Link - https://www.flickr.com/photos/vorsteiner/sets/72157653794955422

Yours Sincerely,

Nick Barnes
Account Manager"
Old 03-23-2016, 02:43 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Also I will stress. There is no BBK "big brake kit" unless you own a black series. This is just false. The silver and red brakes are the same size. They are different in the Pistons but the size is the same.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:50 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
So weird. I don't know if it's a Vorsteiner issue or with the shop I got mine from or what, but their offsets seem to be all over the place. I'm running 19x8.5" ET45 front with 245/35 and 19x10" ET52 rear with 275/30. In the front I have 20mm spacers, and it is pretty damn close to flush, I could even go 25mm and get away with it. In the rear I have no spacers, and it's also perfect. Zero rubbing at stock P31 height.

In theory, this probably shouldn't work in the front - my effective offset is +25 which is very aggressive on a narrow-body C63. I don't know where the offsets are going wrong. I need to pull my wheels and give them another look to make sure they're stamped correctly.

Wheels look great though
Thanks. I also agree 100% Vorsteiner has been super confusing. If I go too low on my coils my backs drag on the inner fender carpet but only the right side under load. It's a light rub but I fixed it by going up 2 turns on the rear. I drive very aggressively up in the mountains and we have some epic roads. I could not fit a wider wheel on my setup in the rear or I would rub bad on the roads we drive.

In the front I had been running a 10mm spacer and it looked GREAT but I did a U turn over a bump and the tire hooked my fender. Really Fed up my fender lip. I have a great body guy and he fixed it up good as new but I took off the front spacers. The fenders are aluminum and I don't want to fix it again.

Last edited by Eric ATP; 03-23-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:00 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
These are on the coil overs. The back has REQUIRED 3mm spacer and the fronts have OPTIONAL 10mm spacer. I loved the look but hooked my fender on a turn in the front and after removed the from spacers.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:11 PM

So I have been in communication with Vorsteiner and specifically referenced this thread and the info from Nick Barnes, and this is what I received:

That is correct, you do not need spacers for the V-FF 103’s on your C63. In the past they may have been required, but with our new fitment they are not required. Currently only the W205’s would be required to run spacers. In your case, you are ok to run the V-FF 103 wheels without spacers. The V-FF 103’s will give you a flush and direct fitment on your vehicle. Please let me know if you would like to place an order or have any additional questions.

Yours Sincerely,

Adrian Perez
Customer Service Representative
So I am inferring that they might have changed the shape, but I would want to clarify. Am I being ****? Yes, but it means that I could either unnecessarily buy spacers and longer bolts or go without spacers and maybe damage my brakes and wheels.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eric ATP
These are on the coil overs. The back has REQUIRED 3mm spacer and the fronts have OPTIONAL 10mm spacer. I loved the look but hooked my fender on a turn in the front and after removed the from spacers.

Looks great. I would not be lowering my ride because I like the ride and handling exactly how it is as stock.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:28 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
I'm not too impressed if that is the case. I will be contacting them also. I bought them and then afterward for out this info. I went with it as it was my only option at that point. Seems they may not have customers first and maybe are about making money first. Will see how they reply and I will be sure to spread around the reply.

So I have been in communication with Vorsteiner and specifically referenced this thread and the info from Nick Barnes, and this is what I received:

So I am inferring that they might have changed the shape, but I would want to clarify. Am I being ****? Yes, but it means that I could either unnecessarily buy spacers and longer bolts or go without spacers and maybe damage my brakes and wheels.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM

Just trying to figure out what this means and it sounds like they made the rims and after initial release likely discovered that the C63 application does not fit perfectly and required it to be pushed out with spacers.

It does not sound like the rims were redesigned, but the fitment was changed over the past year. Although I am sure that this is frustrating for those that bit the bullet and bought the wheels early (and had gorgeous rims before the rest of us), this bit of information is helpful for future owners.

I am not likely to pick up spacers for ease of swapping summer/winter wheels, so mine will not sit as flush as yours.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
I bought mine that where advertised specific figment for C63. After the purchase I got a call and they told me they had to send me spacers due to our brakes. My wheels are marked clearly with the exact backspacing that they are now advertising and was quoted that now fits without the spacer. I'm not too impressed in a company that would act that way. I had several talkes with them on the phone and via email. When I got the wheels and they assured me this was the only option and that was the case with all their v-ff wheels. I also have emails to prove that.

If they had a bad run and then Sold them knowing that, I'm not too impressed. If my backspacing is not what is listed on my wheels I am even less impressed. I need to measure them and I will be posting pictures and results.

It's hard for me to believe my wheels are marked the same and somehow they fit different. I posted pictures of the stickers in the wheel.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I think you just got sold the wrong offset dude. It's not a Vorsteiner manufacturing issue as far as I can tell.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:45 PM

I think you just got sold the wrong offset dude. It's not a Vorsteiner manufacturing issue as far as I can tell.
I would think so as well, but even without the 3 mm spacers those wheels look pretty far out from stock. I am no wheel expert, so I cannot comment on what they mean by fitment change. If I pickup a set without spacers and they look as flush as EricATP, then we know the answer.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:17 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
These are how they are marked. This matchs what they told other works. So either they changed the wheel OR they marked mine and mine are not correct which means they intentionally miss marked them and sold them. I'm pretty sure at this point they where wrong and they figured it out after the fact and instead of making it right they told me that was the only option. I will measure the wheels and see if that is definately the case.

Also I was in full contact with Vorsteiner and they told me 100% I had the right wheels and this is the only option. Sonic sold me the wheels and they are down the street from Vorsteiner. I have the emails......

Last edited by Eric ATP; 03-25-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:19 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
I would think so as well, but even without the 3 mm spacers those wheels look pretty far out from stock. I am no wheel expert, so I cannot comment on what they mean by fitment change. If I pickup a set without spacers and they look as flush as EricATP, then we know the answer.
Also if I remove the spacer the WHEEL HITS THE BRAKES in the rear. The fit in the well is good but you have to use the spacer. It is not about looks. I bought the car to drive and I drive aggressively. The wheels are not just about looks

The issue with the spacer is they are a pain in the *** and I paid full price. If I was lied too I'm not happy and will voice that opinion everywhere I can. Based on all this info I will steer people away from their wheels until I know more info. I go to a lot of car shows in the south east.

Last edited by Eric ATP; 03-25-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:02 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S212 E400 RENNTech 345 whp/360 wtq
"the highly accredited Japan Light Allow Wheel Standard (JWL)"...maybe you have replica Vorsteiners?
Old 03-26-2016, 12:12 AM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Originally Posted by need2speed
"the highly accredited Japan Light Allow Wheel Standard (JWL)"...maybe you have replica Vorsteiners?
That's funny. Since they where sold to me by the vendor on this site and the emails detailing the issue issue where dealt with by Vorsteiner. I guess if they deal with issues on knock off wheels...............

Being serious now you all realize these are not high end wheels but budget wheels. They are decent but now forged or 3 piece.

I'm only pretty pissed off as I was told these where the wheels made for the c63. I bought them and afterward they did not fit and I was told I had to use the 3mm spacers In the rear due to my "BIG BRAKES". That is bs and now I see they probably sell sub standard wheels and mark them with the wrong offset.

For those of you spending thousands of dollars I would look some place else. Do you trust your $80k car on wheels that the mfg won't be honest or do the right thing? What if you have a problem? Sure take a chance but ur buying cheap wheels and beware if you get a bum set they will send send you some spacers and tell you that's how all of their wheels fit.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:23 PM
EAS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynojet Facility, Anaheim CA
PM today for your Vorsteiner VFF103 wheel set!

Old 01-19-2017, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Vorsteiner Photo shoot done by TED7