Ugh. Trackday problems.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Agree with the above

UPDATE: Finally got around to pulling the coils and plugs tonight. Everything looked pretty good. Coils looked new, no cracks. Plugs looked nice and mocha latte colored as they should be. None were broken or exhibited anything odd except a couple of plugs appeared to have a light coating of fresh oil on the threads - #7 and #5 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, but on the passenger side it should be 4-3-2-1 from the firewall, and 8-7-6-5 on the drivers side from the firewall). I have very little blowby in the catch can so I'm going to ignore this. Cleaned everything up, threw in new Weistec/Brisk plugs gapped to .044 as perscribed, swapped the #6 and #5 coils to diagnose just in case, applied some light antiseize and dielectric, and torqued everything to spec.

Started the car up and she sounded great. Maybe smoother than before, and not as much racket from the engine. Ran the AutoEnginuity and.... no codes. Shut her down, restarted, revved a bit and got up to operating temp and ran codes again. Nothing. Not even the persistent unknown 374a was present.

So I'm going to chalk this up to a loose connection or bad gas for now. Tomorrow morning I'll go beat on her a bit and see if I can get a code to come back. Glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious. Big relief!

Thanks for all your thoughts on this
Old 06-10-2015, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
Super - well done!!