C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Might sell my 2009 P30 with 70k miles. What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Might sell my 2009 P30 with 70k miles. What's it worth?

Hi guys,

I'm Considering the idea of selling my 2009 C63 P30 to make room for a truck and track car and had a few questions for those of you that are familiar with current market for the C63.

Here are some quick stats that might help answer my questions below: 2009 with everyth available option including P30 (2 piece rotors, track tuned suspension and alcantera steering wheel). Second owner. White/white with black burlwood interior, 70k miles, no leaks, runs perfectly, always meticulously maintained, no accidents, never tracked, never dyno'ed, always garaged, always serviced at ACG or Mercedes with all records. OE Tune, AFE Filters, Resonator delete, Porterfield R4S brake pads, gallardo green calipers, fairly new MP super sports, clear corners and LED's, aftermarket sub and amp, Brabus shift knob... Only things a new buyer might want to address would be: Scrape on the passenger side front bumper, visible wear on the driver side seat bolster, visible wear on the alcantera stearing wheel, slight curbing on a couple wheels and I believe the rotors are about 2mm away from needing to be replaced.

My Questions:

1) Taking that into account what do you think the car would sell for? From the little research I've done I'm estimating $32k-$36k, does that seam accurate?

2) What's the best time of year to sell? Do you think our cars will continue to depreciate significantly over the next 4-8 months or do you think it will still be worth roughly the same?

3) Should I part out any of the aftermarket parts considering they probably won't add any value? Assuming yes, any estimates on the value of the parts?

4) Does the white/white color combo draw a higher price then the black interior? (when I purchased the car about 3 years ago this combo was hard to find and it seemed to draw a higher price).

5) Any suggestions on where to post the car for sale besides here, Craigslist and autotrader?

Below are a few pics. Thanks so much for any input and advice!

Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
1) $30-32k

2) They won't get any more valuable over time. Now.

3) No value for your parts, might as well leave them on. Won't affect the asking/selling price.

4) No. You're looking for a very specific person to pay a premium for that.

5) That's about it. eBay?

And change the caliper color back to red. They are horrific as-is and will turn off buyers.

GLWS
Old 06-05-2015, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
1) $30-32k

2) They won't get any more valuable over time. Now.

3) No value for your parts, might as well leave them on. Won't affect the asking/selling price.

4) No. You're looking for a very specific person to pay a premium for that.

5) That's about it. eBay?

And change the caliper color back to red. They are horrific as-is and will turn off buyers.

GLWS

This.

though stock color on calipers was silver not red, but I agree change it to red or the stock silver as lime green may not be everyone's thing.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
I find that these cars depreciate a little bit more in the winter time in North America. Summer is a better time to sell as a result.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
+1 for selling in spring/summer
Old 06-05-2015, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by jmueller
I find that these cars depreciate a little bit more in the winter time in North America. Summer is a better time to sell as a result.
they sell quicker too, last year when i was looking the market in my area was dry as a bone. bought mine in late august then come oct/nov a lot more started popping up for sale.

if you're going to sell now's the time.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
I would be interested in the brabus shifter
Old 06-05-2015, 04:20 PM

911 Turbo
I'm in the market for C63. Local in San Diego. Had my 997tt worked on by ACG as well. Cash in hand. Please send me a PM since I just registered here and lets talk.
thx
Old 06-05-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
1993 Competition Yellow Mica Mazda RX-7 and 2009 C63
I'll give you my perspective having just bought an '09 2 months ago.

I agree, the green calipers will put people off. I'm a track guy but I wanted one that I knew was unmodified because there was a higher likely-hood it had not been driven rough. You can say it has never been tracked, dyno'd, etc. but people will either believe you or not. Alternatively, you could find a buyer who would be doing the mods anyway. At that point they won't care about the color. I think they look good and make it stand out, but I still would not buy for me. A dealership would really low-ball you on a trade just for that.

The wear on the seat and steering wheel should be considered normal and expected wear. Lucky for you to have the lighter interior, I don't think the seat shows as much as the black. There are leather conditioners you can try that will help. I plan to talk to a professional detailer for mine.

The bumper and wheels may cause people to look elsewhere or try to negotiate you down, especially the bumper.

I'd leave the rotors to be replaced by the new owner and not mention it. As long as they are still able to pass the minimum thickness for any state inspection. I don't think you'll make the money back on what you'll spend to fix it.

Relative to your points:
1) I got my car from a dealership in WI for $30.5k with only 56k miles on it, P30 package and everything working, single owner. Just a data point for you when factoring price. Dealer prices are typically above individual sales. But.

2) The reason I got the price I did is the car sat through the winter from December to March in WI. At that point they really needed to move it off the lot. Original asking was $35-36k, so I saved myself the cost of the head bolt replacement just being patient. High HP cars sell better when you can actually test drive them safely.

3) As I said, if you find the right buyer the mods won't put them off buying. As others have said, they don't add $.01 to the price. If you can easily part it out you'll get more total $ from it.

4) Not sure if that combo helps the price. It does look nice. Depends on what the buyer wants. I wasn't going to be picky about the color of the outside or inside as long as it was in good condition.

5) One thing that helped me was CarGurus. It showed what cars had been sitting for too long and I knew would have sellers more willing to deal. I'm not sure if you can list directly there or if they just pick up from all the other listings. Auto Trader is where I start my searches for used cars.

GLWS, Hope this helped.

D3

Originally Posted by c63insd
Hi guys,

I'm Considering the idea of selling my 2009 C63 P30 to make room for a truck and track car and had a few questions for those of you that are familiar with current market for the C63.

Here are some quick stats that might help answer my questions below: 2009 with everyth available option including P30 (2 piece rotors, track tuned suspension and alcantera steering wheel). Second owner. White/white with black burlwood interior, 70k miles, no leaks, runs perfectly, always meticulously maintained, no accidents, never tracked, never dyno'ed, always garaged, always serviced at ACG or Mercedes with all records. OE Tune, AFE Filters, Resonator delete, Porterfield R4S brake pads, gallardo green calipers, fairly new MP super sports, clear corners and LED's, aftermarket sub and amp, Brabus shift knob... Only things a new buyer might want to address would be: Scrape on the passenger side front bumper, visible wear on the driver side seat bolster, visible wear on the alcantera stearing wheel, slight curbing on a couple wheels and I believe the rotors are about 2mm away from needing to be replaced.

My Questions:

1) Taking that into account what do you think the car would sell for? From the little research I've done I'm estimating $32k-$36k, does that seam accurate?

2) What's the best time of year to sell? Do you think our cars will continue to depreciate significantly over the next 4-8 months or do you think it will still be worth roughly the same?

3) Should I part out any of the aftermarket parts considering they probably won't add any value? Assuming yes, any estimates on the value of the parts?

4) Does the white/white color combo draw a higher price then the black interior? (when I purchased the car about 3 years ago this combo was hard to find and it seemed to draw a higher price).

5) Any suggestions on where to post the car for sale besides here, Craigslist and autotrader?
Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 PM

C63
Awesome thank you guys for the insights and suggestions. I've got a couple people that want to look at the car this weekend and if it doesn't sell I'll probably remove some of the aftermarket parts then officially list it for sale in a month or two.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:10 PM

2012 C63 AMG
is that the leather brabus knob
Old 06-05-2015, 06:41 PM

C63
Originally Posted by 1REDC63
is that the leather brabus knob
Yes indeed
Old 06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by D3-AMG
2) The reason I got the price I did is the car sat through the winter from December to March in WI. At that point they really needed to move it off the lot. Original asking was $35-36k, so I saved myself the cost of the head bolt replacement just being patient. High HP cars sell better when you can actually test drive them safely.
What do you mean you saved the cost of the headbolt replacement?
Because all 2009 MY have the affected engine.

OP, your car is worth $30k-ish. Trade in maybe $27k. I know for a fact since I traded in my 09 last november. In your case there is no point to part out. Just sale it as is. Some people might or not like the calipers.
List your car on cars.com, craiglist and autotrader. Also do a FS thread in here. You'll get more exposure. GL
Old 06-05-2015, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Does it have the limited slip?? FWIW, I follow the auctions daily and these are going through the chutes in the mid to high 20s, but that's auction prices for stealers. Realistically, with those required repairs and mileage I'd say lows 30s if you really want to move it.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Well if you decide to sell the brabus knob please let me know
I will take it off your hands
Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by abcut973
I wasn't trying to say I've avoided needing to do the replacement. I was trying to express that the price I got was lower than the original dealer asking price, to the amount of roughly what a headbolt replacement would cost. Looking at CarGurus, I still see dealerships listing '09s with <60k miles for $34-37.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by D3-AMG
I wasn't trying to say I've avoided needing to do the replacement. I was trying to express that the price I got was lower than the original dealer asking price, to the amount of roughly what a headbolt replacement would cost. Looking at CarGurus, I still see dealerships listing '09s with <60k miles for $34-37.
Gotcha
Old 06-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by abcut973

OP, your car is worth $30k-ish. Trade in maybe $27k. I know for a fact since I traded in my 09 last november. In your case there is no point to part out. Just sale it as is. Some people might or not like the calipers.
List your car on cars.com, craiglist and autotrader. Also do a FS thread in here. You'll get more exposure. GL

You sure? Mines an 09 and never had an issue, my local MB has never had a headbolt repair

i've been through 2 intake manifolds in 2.5 years though lol..i'd be more concerned about that then the headbolts, the headbolt cost isn't even that much...the rotors and pads cost more then a headbolt repair, the intake manifold? $8400 (installed) .....obviously stealership, but online its still $5000+

Last edited by avery.whss; 06-13-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by avery.whss
You sure? Mines an 09 and never had an issue, my local MB has never had a headbolt repair

i've been through 2 intake manifolds in 2.5 years though lol..i'd be more concerned about that then the headbolts, the headbolt cost isn't even that much...the rotors and pads cost more then a headbolt repair, the intake manifold? $8400 (installed) .....obviously stealership, but online its still $5000+
Having an 09 does not necessarily means you'll have a headbolt issue. But the risk is there since your engine is most likely in the affected range. My previous sedan was an 09 and no major issue but the intake manifold gasket (pretty common). I have not seen much people changing their intake manifold like I have not seen much headbolt issues as well. I'm not too sure about the price but I think it was more expensive to repair the headbolts. I would be more worry about it because once it happens you can quickly loose your engine. You can still drive the car with a cracked manifold.

Either way I hope OP will sell his car for his asking price.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by avery.whss

What I've seen on the forums leads me to think the headbolts happen around 2.5-3% of the engines in the range. The problem is you can't tell what condition they are in unless you replace them or they've already failed.

D3