C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

tire monitoring system + traction lights warnings at same time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
What does it mean when these warnings come on together?

I had my friends car over the past weekend on a bit of a test drive and I'm looking to buy it off him, the only issue I found is that every once in a while the tire pressure monitoring warning would light up followed by saying traction control was off. I'm not familiar with the car enough to remember the exact wording but they always went off together. He said he thinks it was because one of the tire pressure sensors is faulty or broken. The warnings always came on together and then would disappear for hours at a time before coming back. I know it's a bit vague without having the car here still to write up more detail but does this sound like it's right? I just want to make sure it's just that and not something more serious/expensive to fix.

edit: I've got the car right now and I took two pictures of the warnings lights. Plus I noticed when I hit the cruise control stock by accident it said it was inoperative as well. In the pictures below these are what pop up at the same time and my buddy noticed that if you're stopped and you press the brake down hard the warnings go off again.

Last edited by ShaneN.; 06-18-2015 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:20 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
updated the thread with pics.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'19 4runner TRD / '12 C63 AMG
I just had the same thing happen yesterday. Cruising on the highway @ 100 km/hr, the Traction Control Inoperative & RunFlat Indicator Inoperative lights came on an the car seemed to go into Limp-Mode (lack of power)... Engine light came on also.

Car has replica AMG 507 Edition wheels with no TPS sensors, if that matters.

After I stopped & shut the car off for a bit, the CEL's went away and the car seemed fine. But still concerns me a lot...