C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Help: CEL came on yesterday - P0101

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG

So I was driving home from Cleveland to Columbus yesterday. Was opening it up a bit where I had the chance on I-71 and all of a sudden the Check Engine Light comes on. I went over to AutoZone today to have the code read and it is P0101, which as I understand has something to do with the MAF sensor.

About two months ago I installed EC V5 tune, ROW airboxes, aFe dry filters and took out the charcoal. The ROW airboxes came with new MAF's so I don't understand how that could be an issue.

The car is still pulling hard and running just fine, but the last thing I want to do is keep driving it and cause damage to the engine. I plan on un-doing and re-doing my ROW airboxes tonight just to make sure everything is seated correctly.

Is there any other advice that you guys can give me that may resolve this issue? The last thing I want is to have to take it into the stealership, but I will if I can't resolve this on my own. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX

I don't have ROW's but a forum member posted last week somewhere that the CEL should go away if you use your original MAF's.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I don't have ROW's but a forum member posted last week somewhere that the CEL should go away if you use your original MAF's.
I uninstalled the ROW's, air filters and MAF's, then re-installed it all but this time with the original MAF's. Voila, no CEL. I drove it around for 15-20 minutes, getting on it from time to time and no sign of a CEL. Not sure if it is the original MAF's that corrected the issue or if something was installed incorrectly the first time around, but the problem seems to be remedied.

Thanks for the suggestion, maximus!