C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Two questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Two questions

Hey guys

MB installed brand new wiper blades on my car when I got it. Today was the first day I have driven in the rain. The blades both seem to be chattering/skipping across the windshield when operated. They are squeaky and quite annoying to watch hop skip across. They work well as they clear the rain but I dont know if they are too tight against the glass or if it could be something else. On all my cars I have used Adam's glass sealant and it has always extended the life of all my wiper blades because it made the surface repel water well and glide. I noticed it may not be working well on this windshield because the water doesnt fly of the glass as it did on previous cars. Please advise on what I can do.

Second, does anyone know of a nice AMG keychain I can purchase? I bought one from ebay (chinese) and it ended up being way to big to keep on the keychain. I like the one that comes in the 3 piece kit from Benz that included the license plate frame and tire stem caps but I dont want those extra parts.

If anyone has one they dont use and want to sell or if they know of a reputable place, please let me know.

Thanks

-Ed
Old 09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
The wiper thing has been discussed tons, basically mb can try and adjust them but that won't change anything. Some have suggested that rainx helps some. Try wiping down the wiper blades as well or don't drive in the rain .

For the keychain, I saw an AMG one that looks like this, a bit pricey but pretty cool. They have it in white also lol - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-Key-Chain-Leather-Strap-Keyring-AMG-Gift-Box-Carbon-Black-/281764665897?hash=item419a7b9a29&vxp=mtr
Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
The wiper thing has been discussed tons, basically mb can try and adjust them but that won't change anything. Some have suggested that rainx helps some. Try wiping down the wiper blades as well or don't drive in the rain .

For the keychain, I saw an AMG one that looks like this, a bit pricey but pretty cool. They have it in white also lol - Genuine Mercedes Benz Key Chain Leather Strap Keyring AMG Gift Box Carbon Black | eBay

Thanks!

Yea I was looking at that keyring yesterday, a little overpriced. The other one I was looking at was cheaper and it came with plate frame and valve stems haha. Wish the delaerships had more options for these.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
My wiper blades did the same thing. Car had rainx or something like it on the glass. I used mineral spirits and removed all of the rainx or whatever and the wipers work perfect now. I avoid car washes that use any type of windshield protection or I tell them that I do not want it and they can make the wash not do it. This solved my problem.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dbldpr
My wiper blades did the same thing. Car had rainx or something like it on the glass. I used mineral spirits and removed all of the rainx or whatever and the wipers work perfect now. I avoid car washes that use any type of windshield protection or I tell them that I do not want it and they can make the wash not do it. This solved my problem.

Guess Ill try the same. I put Adams glass sealant on the glass cause it made my last few cars wipers last forever. Guess there is something on the benz wipers that are anti coating. Ill try to remove it and wipe the blades with alcohol.