MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   C63 Factory Benz Extended Warranty (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/605563-c63-factory-benz-extended-warranty.html)

604C63 11-10-2015 04:09 PM

C63 Factory Benz Extended Warranty

Hello fellow members.

I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty.

I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem

My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes.

Thanks in advance.

m a x i m u s 11-10-2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 604C63 (Post 6610597)
Hello fellow members. I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty. I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes. Thanks in advance.

For me, absolutely yes, it was worth it, both for my current C63 and my past C43. Of course, if I didn't have the warranty, then maybe I wouldn't have been so diligent (anal) about getting things fixed, and of course the indie shop is much cheaper. Even if I was more conservative and had all repairs done out of pocket at my indie, I think I would have at least broken even.

cmacclel 11-10-2015 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by 604C63 (Post 6610597)
Hello fellow members.

I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty.

I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem

My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes.

Thanks in advance.

I would think no one can answer your question truly unless you tell us the price of the warranty.

604C63 11-10-2015 11:00 PM

Thanks for the reply maximus. Did you have anything major that failed besides standard A/B services?

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6610702)
For me, absolutely yes, it was worth it, both for my current C63 and my past C43. Of course, if I didn't have the warranty, then maybe I wouldn't have been so diligent (anal) about getting things fixed, and of course the indie shop is much cheaper. Even if I was more conservative and had all repairs done out of pocket at my indie, I think I would have at least broken even.

604C63 11-10-2015 11:01 PM

price is $4,000 for the 3 year factory warranty (3rd year only powertrain).

Originally Posted by cmacclel (Post 6611030)
I would think no one can answer your question truly unless you tell us the price of the warranty.

m a x i m u s 11-10-2015 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by 604C63 (Post 6611040)
Thanks for the reply maximus. Did you have anything major that failed besides standard A/B services?

It doesn't cover maintenance, so no A/B services. I had a bunch of little things fixed like bushings, motor and tranny mounts, and dash trim, but also some bigger things like cam adjusters, tappets, drive shaft, and driver seat control module (picking it up tomorrow, so not sure exactly which part was replaced).

builthatch 12-27-2015 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by 604C63 (Post 6611043)
price is $4,000 for the 3 year factory warranty (3rd year only powertrain).

just an FYI, there are a couple people that are touted on this forum as the go-tos for MB extended warranties and they couldn't do what a woman at Keenan in PA was able to do for me. the others literally said they couldn't extend my CPO limited warranty (long story) and this woman did it without any problems. your situation is different but it's still extended warranty and honestly this lady was amazing.

might be worth giving her a call as well as the other people who are used often on here for warranty stuff.

the lady at Keenan is Renate Pera, 215.348.0800. it's pronounced "RENNOTTA".