C63 Factory Benz Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
C63 Factory Benz Extended Warranty

Hello fellow members.

I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty.

I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem

My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by 604C63
Hello fellow members. I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty. I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes. Thanks in advance.
For me, absolutely yes, it was worth it, both for my current C63 and my past C43. Of course, if I didn't have the warranty, then maybe I wouldn't have been so diligent (****) about getting things fixed, and of course the indie shop is much cheaper. Even if I was more conservative and had all repairs done out of pocket at my indie, I think I would have at least broken even.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:49 PM

2014 C63 Polar White
Hello fellow members.

I'm currently contemplating whether to go ahead with a 3yr extended limited warranty from Benz for my 2011 c63. The dealerships said I can't do any mods. Not even a resonator delete, otherwise it voids the warranty.

I've been reading a lot on past threads and it seems like the c63 is a very reliable car with regular maintenance without major issues to repair besides the head bolt issue on older cars. I checked my VIN out and I do not have that problem

My question is, for people who have the Benz extended warranty, has it been worth your money in purchasing it? I know the peace of mind is great to have, but I can't fully enjoy the car without more of that awesome sound from the rear pipes.

Thanks in advance.
I would think no one can answer your question truly unless you tell us the price of the warranty.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 PM

C63
Thanks for the reply maximus. Did you have anything major that failed besides standard A/B services?

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
For me, absolutely yes, it was worth it, both for my current C63 and my past C43. Of course, if I didn't have the warranty, then maybe I wouldn't have been so diligent (****) about getting things fixed, and of course the indie shop is much cheaper. Even if I was more conservative and had all repairs done out of pocket at my indie, I think I would have at least broken even.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 PM

C63
price is $4,000 for the 3 year factory warranty (3rd year only powertrain).

Originally Posted by cmacclel
I would think no one can answer your question truly unless you tell us the price of the warranty.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Thanks for the reply maximus. Did you have anything major that failed besides standard A/B services?
It doesn't cover maintenance, so no A/B services. I had a bunch of little things fixed like bushings, motor and tranny mounts, and dash trim, but also some bigger things like cam adjusters, tappets, drive shaft, and driver seat control module (picking it up tomorrow, so not sure exactly which part was replaced).

Last edited by m a x i m u s; 12-27-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:31 PM

C63
price is $4,000 for the 3 year factory warranty (3rd year only powertrain).
just an FYI, there are a couple people that are touted on this forum as the go-tos for MB extended warranties and they couldn't do what a woman at Keenan in PA was able to do for me. the others literally said they couldn't extend my CPO limited warranty (long story) and this woman did it without any problems. your situation is different but it's still extended warranty and honestly this lady was amazing.

might be worth giving her a call as well as the other people who are used often on here for warranty stuff.

the lady at Keenan is Renate Pera, 215.348.0800. it's pronounced "RENNOTTA".