Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to MHP tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG W/P31
@Wobble64: I realize it seems absurd but let me give you a bit more background. I have several emails between myself and Aaron Nicora where I explained that this car is a daily driver and I would need it no later than Thursday, otherwise I would go a different route.

He assured me that the tune takes 10 min and it would be shipped overnight air for additional $65. He said he would be surprised if I didn't get it by Wednesday but definitely Thursday.

The other thing that worries me is that he was very responsive until the ECU shipped to him. I followed up to ensure he received it even though UPS says it was left on the doorstep. No response. I returned home from my business trip Thursday. No package. I sent another follow up email. No response. I have called multiple times with no response.

There are too many scary threads on multiple forums regarding MHP. How should I react?
Old 08-13-2016, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
I hate to say it, but you shouldn't have to react. You said it yourself. There are "too many" scary stories. You should have gone with OE, EC, Weistec, Velos or anyone else. An ounce of prevention vs a pound of cure. I hope it all works out for you but I know where I would place my bet...
The following 2 users liked this post by chrisridebike8:
BLKROKT (08-13-2016), Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
Originally Posted by MikeD21976
There are too many scary threads on multiple forums regarding MHP. How should I react?

This is not complicated. Call them again Monday. I hope all will be just fine. I have dealt with them in the past without issues (last year).
Old 08-14-2016, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
I hate to say it, but you shouldn't have to react. You said it yourself. There are "too many" scary stories. You should have gone with OE, EC, Weistec, Velos or anyone else. An ounce of prevention vs a pound of cure. I hope it all works out for you but I know where I would place my bet...
Truth. All I needed to read was the title and I knew what this thread was going to be about, and I have never even purposefully dug into these guys. Just what I see in passing is enough to tell me that the only way I would deal with them is I lived just around the corner from the shop, and even then I would expect to pulling some sort of late night stakeout.

Repeating the same behaviour, expecting different results.
The following users liked this post:
Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 892 Likes on 626 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by 604 C63

Repeating the same behaviour, expecting different results.
= insanity.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:28 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Jump on a plane and head over there....
Old 08-15-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 2012
MHP guys showed really good time and gains on a 156.

But didnt go this route only because of this forum and stories. Since I am from a different country - didnt want to take a risk.

I would better lose 5-7whp from another tune than lose my ECU
Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
Any news?
Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
i'm real curious on why you went with MHP in the first place if one they were banned on the forums.

there are like 4+ other active tuners on the forums...additionally these tuners use myGenius which means you won't have to send your ECU in and there is ZERO downtime. personally, the time alone sending my ECU back and forth to a tuner does in no way warrant the downtime I'd have without my car.

sounds like a case of bad decision making here. if you're chasing a few HP difference between tunes, you're only selling yourself short. every dyno...EVERY dyno reads differently, and CAN be altered to read higher than others.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-18-2016, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by hachiroku
i'm real curious on why you went with MHP in the first place if one they were banned on the forums.

there are like 4+ other active tuners on the forums...additionally these tuners use myGenius which means you won't have to send your ECU in and there is ZERO downtime. personally, the time alone sending my ECU back and forth to a tuner does in no way warrant the downtime I'd have without my car.

sounds like a case of bad decision making here. if you're chasing a few HP difference between tunes, you're only selling yourself short. every dyno...EVERY dyno reads differently, and CAN be altered to read higher than others.
MHP tunes have proven results. Yes, there are 4+ other active tuners on the forum, but not all tunes are created equal.

While MHP has a checkered past, the tuners that he uses have always been able to deliver results at the track. Not dyno queens.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
MHP tunes have proven results. Yes, there are 4+ other active tuners on the forum, but not all tunes are created equal. While MHP has a checkered past, the tuners that he uses have always been able to deliver results at the track. Not dyno queens.
+1. Also with all the bad rep they get, I was able to get in contact right away and received 3 calls about my headers. I was able to purchase them no issue and install them at ARH within 2 weeks. I guess a few bad experiences and ppl bash the vendors.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
MHP tunes have proven results. Yes, there are 4+ other active tuners on the forum, but not all tunes are created equal.

While MHP has a checkered past, the tuners that he uses have always been able to deliver results at the track. Not dyno queens.
Originally Posted by w204nyc
+1. Also with all the bad rep they get, I was able to get in contact right away and received 3 calls about my headers. I was able to purchase them no issue and install them at ARH within 2 weeks. I guess a few bad experiences and ppl bash the vendors.
I gotta disagree with u guys, we all know MHP are just resellers of tune & headers. And yes, they are top notch when comes the time to purchase & accept payments.

The major issues with them is customer service after sales. If you ever have problems with the products (or Fedex damage ur ECU lol), good luck getting support unless u live in the same city as Andy.

It's more than few bad apples, they striked way more than acceptable.

Just my opinion though
Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Agree with this ^. If you've had a good experience with MHP, consider yourself lucky. Because that's what it is.
Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
MODERN HORSEPOWER LLC Also called MHP ROBBED ME for $2,995.00 and Completely Damaged my NEW 14 Mercedes Benz E63 ECU causing an additional $7,000 in damage!!!
We were ripped off by a scamming website.(MHP) A company acting like a garage and that says that they work on vehicles but in actuality they are just stealing peoples money via credit cards in their BASEMENT! This is where I sent my computer?? YUPP and you folks did too!!! A BASEMENT!!!
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...5_M45258-00981
www.modernhorsepower.com are professional thieves that are ready to deal with the credit card dispute process. This keeps www.modernhorsepower.com in business as a professional thieving company. Banks should defend their clients and not allow this www.modernhorsepower.com or any fake websites to continue their fraudulent practices. Just look at multiple, multiple complaints and websites like The Highly Reputable Mercedes Benz World Website that has posted about this PHONY Modern Horsepower Company.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...aling-him.html
The phone call with this MODERN HORESPOWER during the sales transaction told me about a no question refund within 14 days of the sale. The invoice that was emailed to me with nothing on it about any return rules. I paid by the Chase Bank credit card. I sent them the computer as requested. They said they would send back in 1 day but it actually was 5 days. After my computer came back and the vehicle barely ran, I called them. They stopped answering the phone. They would only slowly answer emails. They told me to change the spark plugs and the problem would be fixed. I asked them if I could and if it was easy( I am A 20 year Master Tech). They answered yes so I followed their directions to do so(SEE ATTACHED PAGES 3 &4 the emails from them telling me too). After changing the spark plugs the car seemed to still run horribly. Via a phone call I made to them from a different phone number strangely they finally answered and told me the vehicle needs to put miles on it to get the computer to learn the new software. As driving like they said the check engine light came on and the car stopper running. I immediately called multiple times and no answer on their side. I left multiple messages for 3 days to contact me asap. I sent them pictures of the vehicle not running and having to be towed. When they saw the pictures they finally answered and said they were not going to give me a refund because the car went to another shop (MERCEDES BENZ DEALERSHIP GARAGE and I have the copy of the invoice to prove) to have them remove the damaging software that was put in the computer. This faulty and phony service cost me thousands of dollars more to remove and repair the damaging work that www.modernhorsepower.com did to this NEW $124,000 Mercedes Benz Computer. The owner of this company could have just called the Mercedes dealership or the ASE Certified garage that worked with the Mercedes Benz dealership to get this damaged information by www.modernhorsepower.com repaired. Instead stopped answering any calls and messages and said they are keeping the $2,995 and too bad for me!!! The Chase Bank seems to believe this Andrew Cluck who claims to be more believable than a Mercedes Benz Dealership garage that charged me for this repair they had to fix that states the wrong program put in. The dealership also said the damage done to the computer was maybe done by the glue they use to lock the computer case closed(we do not know which or both). This man Andrew Cluck owner of www.modernhorsepower.com was working out of his basement (Not a professional facility) yes his basement steeling money from peoples credit cards and seeming to get away with it. Somebody do something to stop this man from doing this anymore!!! Please believe the PROs like a Mercedes Benz Dealership working on a Mercedes Benz not a scammer working from his basement (Andrew Cluck owner of www.modernhorsepower.com)!!! I WILL BE POSTING THIS EVERYWHERE UNTIL "JUSTICE WILL BE DONE"

Last edited by Diamndj; 08-19-2016 at 10:39 AM.
SALES@OETUNING (08-22-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by Roswell
I gotta disagree with u guys, we all know MHP are just resellers of tune & headers. And yes, they are top notch when comes the time to purchase & accept payments. The major issues with them is customer service after sales. If you ever have problems with the products (or Fedex damage ur ECU lol), good luck getting support unless u live in the same city as Andy. It's more than few bad apples, they striked way more than acceptable. Just my opinion though
Lucky for me the headers are built at ARH in NY so no shipping. As for getting refunds, the only refund I ever received on a car part that was damaged was AZN Eyelid lights lol. Besides that Ive taken a loss on everything
Old 08-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Hopefully yours wasn't destroyed like mine and they don't steal your 3k like they did mine. Add that to the $7k damage they did to my Benz Comp and its war time with MHP Modern Horespower!!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Lucky for me the headers are built at ARH in NY so no shipping. As for getting refunds, the only refund I ever received on a car part that was damaged was AZN Eyelid lights lol. Besides that Ive taken a loss on everything
Yeah, the ARH deal was safe since u are dealing with them directly. I'm very happy for u & not trying to bash u cuz u are a long time member here & know ur stuff.

I'm just saying BEWARE to new members reading this forum, deal with MHP at ur own risk especially if u are not living in the eastern US.
Diamndj (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Roswell
I gotta disagree with u guys, we all know MHP are just resellers of tune & headers. And yes, they are top notch when comes the time to purchase & accept payments.

The major issues with them is customer service after sales. If you ever have problems with the products (or Fedex damage ur ECU lol), good luck getting support unless u live in the same city as Andy.

It's more than few bad apples, they striked way more than acceptable.

Just my opinion though
I do count my blessings that I have had favorable experiences with MHP. I also picked up my headers from ARH factory. That's I know that the headers are manufactured and shipped out by ARH, which is also why I am confident about the quality of the product.

Regarding the tunes, like wobble63, I too had my ecu tuned in person. I can't comment about other peoples experiences, MHP has always answered my questions. Fortunately for me, I haven't had any negative experiences with them.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Originally Posted by hachiroku

I did a search before I paid for my tune fro MHP. I was looking for complaints to cover my *** but Google didn't come up with anything. I believe they paid to have their complaints removed. I came to this website only looking for help with my episode and when doing a search here this was the one that came at the top of a huge list of complaints similar to mine about MHP : (......
Old 08-19-2016, 01:38 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
You paid for headers and waited. If they didnt come you could get your payment back but we sent our SUPER SUPER EXPENSIVE ECU!!!!! They destroyed mine and then kept the $3000!!!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 01:41 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
= insanity.
If you didnt notice their neighbor has trouble reaching them TOO. Not to mention they work out of their BAAASSEEEMMMEENNTTTT!!!! : 0
Old 08-19-2016, 01:50 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MikeD21976
@Wobble64: I realize it seems absurd but let me give you a bit more background. I have several emails between myself and Aaron Nicora where I explained that this car is a daily driver and I would need it no later than Thursday, otherwise I would go a different route.

He assured me that the tune takes 10 min and it would be shipped overnight air for additional $65. He said he would be surprised if I didn't get it by Wednesday but definitely Thursday.

The other thing that worries me is that he was very responsive until the ECU shipped to him. I followed up to ensure he received it even though UPS says it was left on the doorstep. No response. I returned home from my business trip Thursday. No package. I sent another follow up email. No response. I have called multiple times with no response.

Modern Horsepower, MHP Andrew Cluck IS A LIAR AND A THIEF. I KNOW THIS , YOU KNOW THIS, WE KNOW THIS AND NOW IT IS MY AND MY OFFICE OF 18 EMPLOYEES TO MAKE THIS KNOWN EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!!! WE WILL NOT QUIT. THIS $10,000 THEY COST ME WILL COST THEM THEIR FUTURE AS A GARAGE IN THEIR BASEMENT!!! WE HAVE 30,000 LIKES ON THIS POST AND GROWING IN THE SOCIAL MEDIAS. LETS WORK TOGETHER TO STOP THIS THIEF!!! : )
Old 08-19-2016, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 892 Likes on 626 Posts
E63S | X5
^ We get it, you got ripped off.

You know one way to not get your message across? Write it in all CAPS. Want to know another way? Cry and moan about it like a child... in a basement...

There are definitely plenty of messages/warnings/cautions that can be said about MHP, and clearly you want them to suffer, but you're going about it all wrong.

Tact. Find some. People listen that way. But when you e-scream your messages are seldom heard and if they are people will rarely listen.
The following 3 users liked this post by CarHopper:
BLKROKT (08-19-2016), I am Jeff (08-19-2016), Mazspeed (08-21-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WHAT???? YOU DON'T LIKE CAPS?
Diamndj (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 03:41 PM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^ We get it, you got ripped off.

You know one way to not get your message across? Write it in all CAPS. Want to know another way? Cry and moan about it like a child... in a basement...

There are definitely plenty of messages/warnings/cautions that can be said about MHP, and clearly you want them to suffer, but you're going about it all wrong.

Tact. Find some. People listen that way. But when you e-scream your messages are seldom heard and if they are people will rarely listen.
Maybe when your a self made millionaire Ill listen to you Bro ; ) I am on here warning people before they get robbed. And maybe you didn't notice they are still MHP and still robbing people that are looking on here and Mercedes media for help and suggestions.

Last edited by Diamndj; 08-20-2016 at 03:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to MHP tune?