New owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
New owner

Greetings!

I am the proud new owner of a 2012 sedan, Iridium Silver Metallic with red / black leather interior, 23.5k miles on the odometer. The car is absolutely clean in every respect and very well optioned. The only thing I might have hoped to have is the LSD, so that might be the first big non-cosmetic mod I do.

I will post some pics once it stops raining here!

I am probably a bit odd and going in the opposite direction from most in that I traded in my 2010 Nissan GTR to buy this car. I was honestly just a little tired of the GTR - a fun car should be, well "fun"! Not that the car itself wasn't, it's just that after almost 6 years it was time for something new. Performance-wise the C63 doesn't compare to my lightly modded GTR, but man do I love that sound!

One amazing thing though - the GTR retained about 55% of its' value after 5+ years, and even with some condition issues (paint).

Two quick initial questions:
1) Why can't I figure out how to make the instrument cluster lighting active with the headlights off? Is it not possible on our car? The gauges are set in fairly deep - am I the only one who finds them to be terribly dark during the day and with sunglasses on? The middle LCD is no problem to read, but the analog gauges are a b**ch with no lights on. Hoping I am missing something.

2) What cosmetic mods do you guys think make sense for my car? The car is bone-stock right now, and I really love the Iridium Silver Metallic in that it is very clean and classic - but I'd like to spice it up a touch. In looking through the forums I see pictures with a LOT of black cars, white, blue, etc - I can see how various mods look on them (carbon trunk spoiler, smoked emblems, etc). Just wondering what folks think would give my silver car some spice. (My GTR was black and although it looked GREAT when clean and new, it was progressively harder to keep looking nice. I think I am going to enjoy an easier to maintain color.)

Last edited by mbcomer; 12-01-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
my car is silver. check my instagram for some ideas.

mahendra_ram_

congrats!!

i have a question regarding the GTR, how reliable was it? i'am considering one, but i jus realized that the warranty is only 3/36k. which turned me off immediately.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 civic Si 2004 Acura TL 2013 MB C350
nice... congrads bro...... yyeeee hhaaawwwwww
Old 12-02-2015, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by mbcomer
Two quick initial questions:
1) Why can't I figure out how to make the instrument cluster lighting active with the headlights off? Is it not possible on our car? The gauges are set in fairly deep - am I the only one who finds them to be terribly dark during the day and with sunglasses on? The middle LCD is no problem to read, but the analog gauges are a b**ch with no lights on. Hoping I am missing something.

2) What cosmetic mods do you guys think make sense for my car? The car is bone-stock right now, and I really love the Iridium Silver Metallic in that it is very clean and classic - but I'd like to spice it up a touch. In looking through the forums I see pictures with a LOT of black cars, white, blue, etc - I can see how various mods look on them (carbon trunk spoiler, smoked emblems, etc). Just wondering what folks think would give my silver car some spice. (My GTR was black and although it looked GREAT when clean and new, it was progressively harder to keep looking nice. I think I am going to enjoy an easier to maintain color.)
1. I had to go test on my car lol, I got curious. Turn the dial to P, the headlights should go out.

There is a little dial that you may not have seen below the cluster on the bottom left side (see pic), turn that to the right to brighten the display. It took me a bit to find mine as well when I first got the car.

When in doubt, check handbook, will find some interesting things. http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...lass-Sedan.pdf

2. Carbon fiber always looks nice and subtle on the C63. Blacking out or color matching the sidemarkers is a must. Wheels is another cosmetic thing you can do, endless colors/types to make the car stand out. Blacking out/wrapping the DRL trim, or wrapping the silver trim around windows, grill or trunk areas. The picture thread has tons of great examples as well.
Here is an example of a Mode Carbon car with subtle changes to it to make it stand out nicely.
Originally Posted by Mode Carbon
Rsquad911 equipped with our Mode Carbon OE Replacement Front Lip

Welcome though and congrats on the car! Can't wait to see the pics .

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 12-02-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Congrats ! I too prefer the car in silver.