Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burbles and POPs Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Audi A4
Lol, mine didn't have any sounds either until I got the Eurocharged V5 tune. Sounds much better with the tune. In the Spring, I will do a resonator delete.
Originally Posted by Naverino
OK so what's happening with my 63 is that it doesn't make those sounds. I've had it happed a couple of times very faintly when I came to a stop. I get that it won't be loud but I'm sure I should be able to hear it with no one but me in the car and radio off and windows open. I confirmed with my friend he's all stock no mods other then front lip and his 63 makes the sounds without even trying. Granted not loud but enough to hear with the windows closed and radio on at low volume. Even he is stumped as to why my car doesn't do it. Weird, hopefully I can take it in this week to the dealer.
What makes the car make those sounds in the first place? Hoping to maybe work the other way around to check.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
LOL...... Man, this thread is stupid as ****.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Audi A4
I can never get enough of that video. Especially where that Civic thinks he's got a chance with the C63, lol.

Video for reference -
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-15-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
lol, I can't believe people actually make threads for thing like this...
Old 12-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 w/PP, 2014 ML63 AMG w/PP
For those who think this thread is not required. Think of it this way, what if this issue I'm having be more then just a sound problem. There are a number of reasons why I could be having this issue, from fuel, air, emissions, to ecu any of which could end up costing a fair bit or nothing at all. But if I were to just ignore it and it turns out to be a bigger issue down the road this so called useless thread you complain about could have helped, and not just myself but others such as yourself. So before posting that this is useless think if it was your car.
Sad to see there are people on these forums with such small minded thinking.
Thanks to all that tried to help with your suggestions much appreciated.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
For those who think this thread is not required. Think of it this way, what if this issue I'm having be more then just a sound problem. There are a number of reasons why I could be having this issue, from fuel, air, emissions, to ecu any of which could end up costing a fair bit or nothing at all. But if I were to just ignore it and it turns out to be a bigger issue down the road this so called useless thread you complain about could have helped, and not just myself but others such as yourself. So before posting that this is useless think if it was your car.
Ask whatever questions you want. If some people don't like it, too bad. Your post isn't the first and won't be the last to talk about the lovely snap, crackle and pop these cars emit whenever they damn well feel like it. My car's noises are most pronounced upon decel after spirited driving in S or S+. Not so much in C.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
Maybe your car has better sound insulation etc. Have you ridden in a similar model year stock C63?

FWIW my 2015 (507 coupe) pops and burbles on deceleration and WOT upshifts (pops) but it is mainly noticeable from outside (another car). Definitely not as pronounced as my friends' 2010 and 2011 (both sedans).

Doesn't bother me too much, as I can always ditch the resonators for more sound (perhaps a project for the spring).

Just a thought.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
+1
the whole point of forums like this are for people to learn more about their cars from more experienced members. I see nothing wrong with OPs questions. Of course I'm just another "newbie"... just like OP!
Not everyone want to track their cars and go after every ounce of performance. And there is nothing wrong with wanting your C63 that has a massive V8 to burble and pop a little more.
Disappointing to see some of the comments!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e63 NA
e63 here so slightly different, but my car didn't really burble and pop until i removed the resonator.

It could also just be related to driving behavior. I know mine pops a lot more after spirited driving and in s+ obviously (comparing to your friends).
Old 12-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 w/PP, 2014 ML63 AMG w/PP
Umm..see I've taken the car on the hwy to get it warm/hot and I've tried all modes C, S, S+ and pushed the car, throttled the car on and off, all kinds of different combos of throttle positions and nothing, other then coming to a complete stop when I get a very small faint burble, and that sometimes. I tried 91 octane and 94 from Sunoco no change. car itself drives great and pulls hard, has the "ripping" sound when shifting up as well, no complaints there.

If I get some time I will try and test dive another 63 on sale to see what it sounds like other then my friends which not modded at all sounds so much better. I want to do the resonator delete it was on the list before I even got the car, but that will be next spring as I'm crazy busy as of late.

I'm thinking it has to do with the ecu and may need a reflash? If the car made the sounds every so often even faintly I would be more inclined to say its exhaust restrictions, but it doesn't do it at all, no matter how I drive it (grandma or like I stole it) Either way I will take it to the dealer see what my SA says, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
I don't really remember what mine sounded like when I first got it because I only had it stock for less than a month before I got the V5 tune. Have you let your friend test drive it to see if it could be possibly something you are/aren't doing and vise versa, test drive his or another to see? If the dealer doesn't find anything wrong with it, I would say get the tune, that should hold you over till you get exhaust work done.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Your car burbles and crackles or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the car or whether there's something wrong, because there's not. It's not a *******g science. It's not like the sound fx are programmed into the car to happen precisely when you do this that and the other thing. It happens depending on conditions, and some cars have it more prominently than others.

Seriously you really need to get over it. This is just what your car sounds like.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 12-15-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Get the new ECU updated to the latest software. It doesn't do it on the earlier softwares. Also it mostly does it when you left off from anywhere in between 3000RPM to 5000RPM. My E63 does it a little too much and I don't like it.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:18 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
You just need to ignore all the stupid ******* comments.
You have every right to ask whatever question you want, if they don't like the question, they can ignore it!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 Bone Stock; E36 M3 Supercharged 400WHP; X5 parts eater
I like to know what you find also. I find my cars burble and pop changes during the year and I dont know why. This also goes in conjunction with the cars cold start bark. Their volumes are not so consistent over time.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63
Hey guys not sure if anything is really wrong but my c63 doesn't burble or pop on the kickdown. Car runs fine other then that pulls hard sounds great. Now I just got it about a month ago 2013 with P31 & LSD I'm at 65K now. I have tried it in all modes I get very very little in manual and that rarely. I'm I doing something wrong, tranny problem or a feature not turned on? Or is there something wrong with my car?
I have encountered your problem. I bought a used DMS tuned 2008 C63 in Jan 2015. The car pops n burbles is one of the reason i got this car. During Oct 2015 the car suddenly lost power, lost of power steering, ABS and ESP lights came up while driving. I sent in the car to agent and they did not know what happen. They reflashed the car a few tries( i suppose is the ECU). But the problem still remain. I searched on this forum, asked them to replace the whole ESP module. After that car was normal again EXCEPT the sound of popping amd burbling was gone! Went back to agent but was told nothing they did to exhuast. I suspect might be the DMS tunning was 'gone' thus left the agent workshopand went to DMS.
DMS checked and says my tunning is still there. Nevertheless they reupload my tunning again. Noticed the performance is better especially the pickup from stationary but pop n burbling still absent. Till now dont know what to do to get back that sound.
1)The air filter(K&N, BMC) might have been replaced with mercedes stock paper filter when my car is serviced and ESP module changed while in agent workshop. Intend to trial an after market air filter.
2) My car was lowered thus a few times when parking, rear exhuast have hitted and brushed a few times. There might be a leak. Intend to seek a exhuast workshop to inspect.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
My 63 gurgles and pops so vicisously so often now its cold. All about shooting flames. Summer even it gurgles and pops once you got off the throttle still. I went straight piped when most get an x or h pipe
Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
OK so what's happening with my 63 is that it doesn't make those sounds. I've had it happed a couple of times very faintly when I came to a stop. I get that it won't be loud but I'm sure I should be able to hear it with no one but me in the car and radio off and windows open. I confirmed with my friend he's all stock no mods other then front lip and his 63 makes the sounds without even trying. Granted not loud but enough to hear with the windows closed and radio on at low volume. Even he is stumped as to why my car doesn't do it. Weird, hopefully I can take it in this week to the dealer.
What makes the car make those sounds in the first place? Hoping to maybe work the other way around to check.
DOWNSHIFT MANUALLY and I gaurantee it will sound like that one. Dont worry nothing will hurt it dont be afraid to downshift early to hear it roar
Old 01-09-2016, 03:43 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by Machine666
I have encountered your problem. I bought a used DMS tuned 2008 C63 in Jan 2015. The car pops n burbles is one of the reason i got this car. During Oct 2015 the car suddenly lost power, lost of power steering, ABS and ESP lights came up while driving. I sent in the car to agent and they did not know what happen. They reflashed the car a few tries( i suppose is the ECU). But the problem still remain. I searched on this forum, asked them to replace the whole ESP module. After that car was normal again EXCEPT the sound of popping amd burbling was gone! Went back to agent but was told nothing they did to exhuast. I suspect might be the DMS tunning was 'gone' thus left the agent workshopand went to DMS.
DMS checked and says my tunning is still there. Nevertheless they reupload my tunning again. Noticed the performance is better especially the pickup from stationary but pop n burbling still absent. Till now dont know what to do to get back that sound.
1)The air filter(K&N, BMC) might have been replaced with mercedes stock paper filter when my car is serviced and ESP module changed while in agent workshop. Intend to trial an after market air filter.
2) My car was lowered thus a few times when parking, rear exhuast have hitted and brushed a few times. There might be a leak. Intend to seek a exhuast workshop to inspect.
Can someone please translate what he just said?