C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger-like whine and misfires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Originally Posted by Blake_von_Texas
Now my concern is getting the dealership to pay for the new pulley(s), belt, tensioner, and cost of install. It's been making the sound since I picked it up from them so I believe they should have been responsible for fixing this before giving the car to me.

Maybe you can replace the pulleys with the Weistec ones. AMG tech I know has a 09 C63 and 11 ML63 and he put catch can and those pulleys in both because he said our stock pulleys arent the best.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
PLOT TWIST

This morning I went to my mechanic and we pulled off the belt and ran the car to see if it still produced the sound. It still did! After poking around with the stethoscope we discovered the source of my issues... Exhaust manifold gasket has a leak!! It starts to hiss around 3,500 rpm due to the increase in exhaust gas pressure. As the revs increase from there it continues to leak more and more air, creating a louder sound and decreasing the amount of gas reaching the 02 sensors downrange, resulting in less fuel for that bank of the engine, which is causing the misfires and lean code after pushing the motor. Got the parts ordered! Say a prayer to the AMG gods for me fellas, I'm hoping this solves it.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 c63
So? Did it fix your problem? Or was it the maid with the candlestick?
Old 02-28-2016, 11:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Evileight
So? Did it fix your problem? Or was it the maid with the candlestick?
I continued this issue here. Quite the turn of events from such simple initial symptoms. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...not-quite.html
Old 10-17-2016, 03:03 AM
Arn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c180 k be classic
Need help misfire

Misfire cyl 1 and 3
Hi guys I have a problem with my 2009 c180 k few days ago I pulled away from a red light and the engine light came on and the car was very sluggish and shaking I pulled over and turned the ignition off and back on again to no avail I've changed the plugs and attempted to check the coils and it still has the same shaking I plugged in the code reader and got the following P0303 P0301 P0300 can anyone please help I'm out of warranty and I've run out of ideas
Old 10-17-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
'16 C63s
Originally Posted by Arn
Misfire cyl 1 and 3
Hi guys I have a problem with my 2009 c180 k few days ago I pulled away from a red light and the engine light came on and the car was very sluggish and shaking I pulled over and turned the ignition off and back on again to no avail I've changed the plugs and attempted to check the coils and it still has the same shaking I plugged in the code reader and got the following P0303 P0301 P0300 can anyone please help I'm out of warranty and I've run out of ideas
Don't thread-jack.

Post your issue in the appropriate section (here).
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
'16 C63s
Originally Posted by Blake_von_Texas
PLOT TWIST

This morning I went to my mechanic and we pulled off the belt and ran the car to see if it still produced the sound. It still did! After poking around with the stethoscope we discovered the source of my issues... Exhaust manifold gasket has a leak!! It starts to hiss around 3,500 rpm due to the increase in exhaust gas pressure. As the revs increase from there it continues to leak more and more air, creating a louder sound and decreasing the amount of gas reaching the 02 sensors downrange, resulting in less fuel for that bank of the engine, which is causing the misfires and lean code after pushing the motor. Got the parts ordered! Say a prayer to the AMG gods for me fellas, I'm hoping this solves it.
Best of luck mang, hope that solves it!