C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Full Cat Delete Pipes - Power Gains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG PP
C63 Full Cat Delete Pipes - Power Gains?

Hey All,

I just scored an amazing deal on a set of primary and secondary delete pipes. I don't know who makes them, but they are new, have nice welds and an X Pipe, bolt up to the factory cat back. Cost $450 CAD

I have a EC V5 tune going on the car as well. My plan is to have these pipes as "test pipes" - car is a summer daily and I don't need the world to hear me, but for the odd drag or track day, why not.

I have really been searching around but I cannot find any concise information of before and after gains. Does anyone know what I should expect? Im not really chasing numbers, just curious. Even if its 2hp I'm happy considering these were 1/10th of headers!

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
I don't have any cats, there is probably a few HP gain, but honestly just straight pipe your secondaries and be done with it, No cats at all is way to loud and it stinks a lot when you WOT it, it sounds insane for about a month then you start feeling bad because its straight up deafening ..i think cat-less is louder then LTH imo
Old 01-19-2016, 04:03 PM

C63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by avery.whss
I don't have any cats, there is probably a few HP gain, but honestly just straight pipe your secondaries and be done with it, No cats at all is way to loud and it stinks a lot when you WOT it, it sounds insane for about a month then you start feeling bad because its straight up deafening ..i think cat-less is louder then LTH imo
Totally got you there bud, I know what you are talking about.

These pipes are for "test" purposes - meaning I will only run them for a weekend once or twice this summer.

The car already has a 2nd cat delete - I'm actually planning to put it back in to have a fully factory mid pipe.

Really just curious on what gains and possible drop in ¼ time?
Old 01-19-2016, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Andrewwilson
Totally got you there bud, I know what you are talking about.

These pipes are for "test" purposes - meaning I will only run them for a weekend once or twice this summer.

The car already has a 2nd cat delete - I'm actually planning to put it back in to have a fully factory mid pipe.

Really just curious on what gains and possible drop in ¼ time?
Primary deletes with a tune should net you 15-25 hp... We got 18 on a c55 I would expect similar or more of the 6.2
Old 01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Like Avery said, it's a very..very small if any gain at all. Also if you want your car to be louder (hear more of the sound), lower your rear seats down. Easiest mod ever!

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 01-19-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
With the Eurocharged V5 tune and full cat delete, most C63 over this side of the pond in UK gain up to between 515 - 535bhp. Quite a range unfortunately due to the amount of variables as discussed in recent thread.

Mine is achieving 505bhp (post calculation) 424whp with tune but with only resonator delete. Both my primary and secondary cat still in.

I will report back when I have LTH fitted with sports cat in a weeks time.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
He's not talking secondary cats primary...

Last edited by deadlyvt; 01-19-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
There are definitely gains to be had by deleting the cats.
Frees up the flow
Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by sirius9
With the Eurocharged V5 tune and full cat delete, most C63 over this side of the pond in UK gain up to between 515 - 535bhp. Quite a range unfortunately due to the amount of variables as discussed in recent thread.

Mine is achieving 505bhp (post calculation) 424whp with tune but with only resonator delete. Both my primary and secondary cat still in.

I've heard this too. The gains are much more stronger when it's a proper custom tune to the car. IMO a box tune is a waste of money on this car.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:51 PM

C63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by sirius9

Ok so 10-30hp to be expected thats pretty good if you ask me.

I actually had a chance to get free headers installed, I opted out because I didn't know who made the headers or what I wanted to do with the exhaust after as the straight header through factory catback is too loud and I am not a huge fan of the sound. I did take the car for a test drive and my goodness it was noticeable - so butt dyno results I will say you'll be happy.

I think in the future I would do headers, cats, supersprint rear section
Old 01-20-2016, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
You will definitely get a few extra ponies by deleting the primary and secondary cats. I picked up 5 HP from deleting the secondary's. But note that a proper Long tube setup on the M156 is the best option for exhaust mods.

Equal length headers also improve back pressure and overall flow. Some also believe that the merge collectors play a pivotal role in exhaust velocity and pressure. HP gains are the easy part, having a linear power delivery is a whole other animal. If driving dynamics are important to you, chopping the cats out may not be the best solution.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 AM

C63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by Kriston
You will definitely get a few extra ponies by deleting the primary and secondary cats. I picked up 5 HP from deleting the secondary's. But note that a proper Long tube setup on the M156 is the best option for exhaust mods.

Equal length headers also improve back pressure and overall flow. Some also believe that the merge collectors play a pivotal role in exhaust velocity and pressure. HP gains are the easy part, having a linear power delivery is a whole other animal. If driving dynamics are important to you, chopping the cats out may not be the best solution.
Noted for sure. I have been looking into headers for this car but I don't see it being worth anything to me. For now I will see how she goes with the delete pipes. They are temporary after all.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:01 AM

C63 AMG 2011
have you guys gotten any cells from removing the primaries?