Sponsored by:

Bought a new diagnostic tool its called Carly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 12:03 AM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
the diagnostic scan takes a lifetime to run. will need to try when I have a lot of time to burn. 👍

Last edited by hachiroku; 12-08-2019 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
Originally Posted by hachiroku
the diagnostic scan takes a lifetime to run. will need to try when I have a lot of time to burn. 👍
a few people in this thread mention this is slow...
it scans a lot of items if you select them all. You can select to scan specific areas if you're familiar enough with their categories. I always run a full scan because of the amount of info it delivers.

I also used Torque before this, and its day and night. Its also why i praise the app. Regarding their adapter, i don't have a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering but i worked in those areas for decades and even worked with coding / hardware. Based on my understanding of ODB2 federal regulations and having talked to the people at Carly, I'm not convinced using their bluetooth adapter is required for full functionality. Its actually why odb2 laws came to be. I say buy it if you dont have one already. I have bought many tools when i had something similar, and owned this MB for almost a decade now, and wouldnt mind an extra $50 if it delivered something else, but again, i just dont know for a fact because neither any user nor Carly can tell me exactly what it will do differently. From the uses I've read, i can do everything others have said. What bothers me isn't the misinformation from users (ive been reading forums like this for cars for decades) but that Carly implies theirs is required, charges quite a bit for the same thing a $12 one can do.

Also, in hindsight, agree with someone who said my perceived attitude could have been from translations to English. All in all, definitely worth the money for the app considering how much a diagnosis at any shop will cost you.

If only i could get it to stop going to limp mode on occasional acceleration and firm up the shifts with it.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Im new here. S just foe the info as I just used it.

Coupon code to get 16% off - RTWENTY3

This is to get CARLY ( i for for all brands)

NOT ADVERTISING!

Just FYI
Old 10-03-2021, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Do they still do the annual subscription crap where you have to pay every year? I bought Carly originally which was a one time buy then they forced everyone to a subscription and made their V1 adapter stop working, so you had to buy new hardware too, so bought a foxwell mercedes scanner instead - never will buy anything from that company after that experience.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Do they still do the annual subscription crap where you have to pay every year? I bought Carly originally which was a one time buy then they forced everyone to a subscription and made their V1 adapter stop working, so you had to buy new hardware too, so bought a foxwell mercedes scanner instead - never will buy anything from that company after that experience.
It's the NT510 Elite? Does the ABS Auto Bleed function work with it?
Old 10-03-2021, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Not sure. I got it for 169 Canadian all brands.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
I have the nt530 Mercedes it is supposed to do it but have not tired, so far used it for airbag light reset and some live data like trans temp for fluid changes and general code resets and emission readiness.