Sponsored by:

Installing K-Mac Rear Camber and Toe Bushings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Maz, sorry I didn’t reply here earlier but you have good advice from Mort. The leading edge of that rear clip joining the quarter panel to the rear bumper can be shaved down and still remain functional - that’s going to be your biggest gain and should let you run 275’s without any further work. Rolling the rear fender can be done, but you’re likely to crack the paint around the edge in the process and it’ll look funky close-up. Those two things should get you all the clearance you need without doing the adjustable upper arms. As stated above, the KMAC bushings will pull the wheel in from the bottom so won’t help you with clearance but should get your camber where you need it.
Ok cool.
So I can have the metal trimmed where the rubbing is? It doesn't look like there is a ton of metal to shave off. Even rolling the fenders look futile since there is such a small lip to work with.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Dam
i have had nothing but problems with KMAC. The bushings are poor quality and the noise that is made is awful. They are coming out and I am going with F1 fabrications
Old 08-05-2019, 12:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by 63 Molar
Dam
i have had nothing but problems with KMAC. The bushings are poor quality and the noise that is made is awful. They are coming out and I am going with F1 fabrications

Email your address, advise what the problem is and we will fix.

There is always controversy (going where others do not go).. But we find a whole lot better then doing nothing flawlessly. In our case taking on the role of creating solutions to resolve wheel alignment and suspension issues for virtually every make Audi to Volvo.

With the front and rear W204 bush designs, these have now been in production since 1993 (26 years).

Proven in all out heavy V8 Competition Racing.

Reviewing over this extended period - noise, failure it has always come down to two issues:

A bolt not fully tight (we then invented a fail safe lock system).

1. A bolt not fully tight (we then invented a fail safe lock system).

2. A bush being overloaded when initial adjustment made. Bushes for long term reliability are pressed in tight. Instructions stipulate not excess force when dragging tires sideways in or out..

Anything and everything can be improved so (#2) we have resolved by making them bulletproof. Now no matter what the load, centers cannot separate as now one integral unit.

Our actual experience of manufacturing “Performance Bushings” dates back longer than any other company (1964). Quality is ensured by “in - house” manufacture. Allowing both total control over components and also actual elastomers used (no supplier costing short cuts). In - house manufacture also allowing the ability for rapid/ongoing improvements.

Culmination of long term R&D with our Caster adjustable bushings (for the forward facing thrust arms) has resulted in a design breakthrough also ......

Now the advantage ofsteel spherical / Mono ball design in these forward facing bushes - to eliminate the OEM soft rubber, oil and air voided bushes.

Which results in a dramatic improvement to brake and steering response.

BUT WITHOUT THE DOWNSIDE OF SPHERICAL BEARINGS ..... with their wafer thin teflon liners that has always plagued the industry, by soon pounding out with resultant looseness and subsequent noise.

K-MAC design breakthrough allows for having a massive two and a half times both for the “load and shock absorption area” when compared to Spherical bearings.

ALSO COMBINES SEPARATE, PRECISE, SINGLE WRENCH CASTER ADJUSTMENT FOR THE 1st. TIME..... to compensate for both the new Camber facility and also correctly resolving steering pull, improving high speed control, better turn in, less dive/lift on brake and acceleration.

Note: To complete the W204 suspension update also manufactured are Rear Camber (and extra Toe) Bushings. Rear uprated Bushings for the 6 multi link arms (less twist, flex, loss of traction)

Also just released rear uprated subframe bushings ( includes bush extraction tools, so no sourcing of special tools required)..

In addition for track days (in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times) Ultimate front replacement top strut mounts Camber and Caster adjustable - up to 3.5 degrees Neg. Camber, this combined with the lower arm front bushings (1.25 - four times that of the inaccurate one offset position fluted bolts) equates to a total extra 4.75 degrees. Plus front track with increase of 60mm!

Stage 2 - (Street/Race)

Stage 3 - (Full Race)

See Website for details. Kevin

Old 08-05-2019, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Hey Kevin,
You are familiar with my C63. We have had numerous discussions over the noise generated from the front and rear bushings. To your credit, you have sent three (3) replacement kits to me, all to no avail. I have had MB tech and 2 independent garages fit, install these, may i add at my cost for install.

I have researched and found that the bushings are simpler not strong enough for this application.

Instead I will pursue front upper camber and lower caster arms, along with rear camber arms, to completely solve my issues for the past two 2 years.....

Many thanks

Matthew
Old 08-06-2019, 07:11 AM
SPONSOR

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by 63 Molar
Hey Kevin,
You are familiar with my C63. We have had numerous discussions over the noise generated from the front and rear bushings. To your credit, you have sent three (3) replacement kits to me, all to no avail. I have had MB tech and 2 independent garages fit, install these, may i add at my cost for install.

I have researched and found that the bushings are simpler not strong enough for this application.

Instead I will pursue front upper camber and lower caster arms, along with rear camber arms, to completely solve my issues for the past two 2 years.....

Many thanks

Matthew

Hi Matthew

As per previous post - yes always controversy creating new products. Do take credence with Ferdinand Porsche and recently Elon Musk pointing this out.

But it does not stop just there - “Constantly refining / updating“ ….. just what the new car industry is all about !!

WE ALSO IN THE "AFTERMARKET" ARE DOING JUST THAT !

The C63 rear Camber and Toe adjuster kit in 2014 we met the challenge by further devising a “fail safe lock system”. Not relying on the industry standard of reverse teeth washers / nuts (if not fully tight inevitable bolt looseness).

THEN FOLLOWED UP - with the system (see attached) for securing the Camber adjustable bushings for the C63 rear alloy arms. Effectively providing the same mounting strength as steel arms.

K-MAC always has been involved in all out competition racing as the way to fast track, prove products - extreme conditions never encountered off the track.

WITH THE FRONT KITS - Big heavy V8's full speed main straight, then hitting corner race curbs and fully launching, becoming airborne. Then slamming down broadside - lap after lap.

Proudly situations where "Race Safety Scrutineers”, checking, comparing rule - “only K-MAC brand” allowed to be used.

Reviewing last 26 years of the front Camber and Caster kit design - as mentioned, noise issues come back to the actual time when adjusting alignment setting (overloading of a bush)

WE HAVE MET THIS PARTICULAR CHALLENGE - NOW IMPOSSIBLE FOR THESE CENTERS TO SEPARATE, no matter what adjustment load is applied.

Re your mention of front upper arms for your W204 C63.

Do point out that front suspension is Strut (not upper arms / wishbone), hence for the additional adjustment for track days, we manufacture the Stage 2 (Street / Race) or the Stage 3 (Full Race) replacement Top Strut Mounts.

FOR THE REAR - reason we do not manufacture upper adjustable arms are 3 fold: Difficulty of access to fit and adjust. Move top of tire out reducing all important outer fender clearance when wanting to resolve premature inner edge wear. Addition of adjustable Toe arms ("needed" to compensate for the new Camber facility) further increasing actual cost above the K-MAC rear Camber and Toe Kit pricing.

Kevin

Old 04-13-2020, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
10 C63/p31, 84 190/5.8L, 14 Audi Q5 TDI, 03 Suburban /8.1, 87 Porsche 944/358" 77 Ferrari 308 Dino
I've also had tire rubbing problems with my 265 on 19" wheels so need to pull the tops in for clearance. There are other suppliers out there
like on Ebay that say theirs will work on my W204 chassis, Do NOT believe them as C250, C300 and C350 chassis use 12mm bolts, while the
C63 has beefier 14mm bolts. Duhhhh, they won't fit there being too small !!!

Go with the Kmacs as that is what I have on my 84 190 (2985lb) track car,with 460hp.410TQ!
McGyver