Got work done at dealer and been a month 02 sensor still inc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Got work done at dealer and been a month 02 sensor still inc

Did some work and like the title States the car won't finish the o2 readiness monitor and it's been over a month of driving.

Everything else is passed so not sure wtf is going on.the car at one point was renntech tune but I talked to renntech and they said the old owner flashed it back to stock and should have OEM tune on it.

My bank one long term trims are all over the place and seems the ECU is always adapting.I told the dealer it might need an o2 sensor and they said to just drive it.

Is there a way the dealer glitched the ECU to be tuned again to mess up the monitors? Before taking it in all were green ready to go and passed.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I would like to know how renntech would know if the tune was removed--and if that was so what was removed in the process------that's amazing

However when its all said and done, I believe that you will have to have your ECU reflashed at the dealer or send it back to renntech and have them put the original software in the ECU---I doubt drive cycles will solve your !!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Plutoe
I would like to know how renntech would know if the tune was removed--and if that was so what was removed in the process------that's amazing

However when its all said and done, I believe that you will have to have your ECU reflashed at the dealer or send it back to renntech and have them put the original software in the ECU---I doubt drive cycles will solve your !!
The car was bought from Miami near renntech and came with renntech badges on it.I contacted renntech and gave them the Vin and they said they knew the owner and were friends with him and wanted to sell the mods for him that were once on the car.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Bet the tune is still on the car. You either need to have a stock map put on the car or get a new tune that doesn't mess with the monitors.

I was in a similar situation. Bought a used c63, thought to be stock but was tuned, and I ended up just contacting eurocharged and had them send me a tuner + v5 with the o2 monitors left alone.

Monitors set within 50 miles.