Sponsored by:

Kleemann cams fitted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Anymore pics of the install? The cam on right isn't in the correct position relative to the other. I realize the install isn't complete in the pic, but ya never know...
Old 05-30-2016, 12:00 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
What's the specs on the cams do you know? The m156 cams do look pretty tame..... More than likely it sounds like a tuning issue however depends on the cams they could be specd for better mid range than the stockers although that would be pretty odd
Originally Posted by Merc63
Anymore pics of the install? The cam on right isn't in the correct position relative to the other. I realize the install isn't complete in the pic, but ya never know...
Good catch, I wonder if this is an issue here.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
...but the car is slow as hell!

My 2010 E63 went in for Kleemann cams and SLS lifters. It's also had a Eurocharged custom tune (I'm guessing V5 tune + amendments where necessary) but the final outcome is that I've now got a car that's way slower than stock I can only laugh to make myself feel better.

The cams ran ok on the stock ecu tune and although slightly lean, made 480hp (crank), but after the custom tune, it made....488hp! Hell, I figure an increase of 8hp peak could be achieved with about 3 degree's of ignition advance....

I've been told to put some miles on the motor and come back in a fortnight or so for a retune. As far as it stands though, it's a bit of a puzzle as to why the car isn't making any power.

The on-road feeling is sluggish and slow as s*!t - there isn't that surge to redline that it used to give above 5000rpm. It feels very flat and pretty damn rubbish.

Any ideas as to what is going on here? Is this an issue with the engine, tune, cams.....?

Kleemann claim they can help but it'll require purchasing their tune...which...I guess I grudgingly could do, but can I be sure that it'll solve the issue?? I don't think they offer money back guarantee's.

I will go back for that second tune on the dyno at Eurocharged but I can't see how putting some miles on the motor and then an adjustment of the tune is going to gain anything like 40hp or so. Hell, a stock motor with a box-tune makes 535hp-540hp. I can't understand what's happened here

C63 09 STOCK DYNO (crank). Did you dyno before new cams??
Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
No - it's a shame I didn't tbh. But to be fair, loads of M156 cars go to the same dyno that I use and they all show much different numbers.

Last time I dyno'd was around a month ago at 465hp (crank). They overlaid the graph onto one with cams that did make power on the C Class and strangely, the shape of my curve was identical but it was like 70hp lower down from 2000rpm all the way to redline.

Apparently this is an issue that can plague stock motors too and it's supposedly to do with the throttle bodies not opening. The issue can either be mechanical or tune related (a parameter in the tune that doesn't allow the throttle bodies to open fully and it's meant to be a pain in the *** to find).

I've been talking about this for ages but been so busy. I'm going to fit new throttle bodies (bigger ones too) which I'm hoping will cure the problem two-fold. If the original ones have a mechanical issue, then these should take care of that. If the tune doesn't allow the throttle bodies to open fully, then tbh even at a lower throttle opening, the bigger ones will flow more air than stock, so I should at least see some kind of difference. If they don't make any difference at all, yeah I'll be more baffled than a Moroso oil sump.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Hey Celicasaur, did you ever get these cams running right? Details? Thanks
Old 07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Hey Celicasaur, did you ever get these cams running right? Details? Thanks
Possibly...but i need to get back to the MSL dyno to validate everything before i break open the Alize and Crystal to celebrate

Car was off road for ages, so I missed my June slot, but I'm aiming to get back there for August now if possible.

oh look, my 1000th post on MBworld