C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

When the dealer's tech crashes your c63???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 507
When the dealer's tech crashes your c63???

Left my 507 w/dealer to put on tires. Dealer's tech test drove it into the rear of another car. Seriously.

Insert profanities.

So, not major, right front end collision at light, but enough to bend front end of hood, will also need new grill and right headlight.

Dealer is of course taking care of everything but help on what I should look for to make sure nothing's overlooked, like radiator, frame, etc.?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W204 C63 P30 / C190 GT S
Wow I'm so sorry to hear
People have no respect for other people's property it's really sad. I've seen many times in dealerships (BMW, MB) the valet drivers at service area driving customer's cars really inappropriately. I don't understand the managers not putting emphasis on respect for other people's cars.

Make sure you take pictures of the damage and what happened, ask them to replace with brand new parts and don't settle on fixing the bumper or hood. I think the least they can do it replace with new parts.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Yeah that sucks big time. Go down there and take your own pics. Don't take their word on it, go and look for yourself. Hope you get something extra out of this like the new tires on them.

So many things could be more wrong than what they are letting on. And then there's the new panels and repaint etc. Make sure it is FLAWLESS, and don't accept their repair until it is.

Passenger side front is the aux oil cooler, so you should have a look at that also.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Ask to see the car after the damaged parts are removed, so you can see that elec connectors, fittings are not just cut/hacked off. (yes it happens).

Ask to see the frame/contol arms/strut connections etc... in the crash site. Again make sure they have removed all damaged parts, and not over-looked some other costly bent items.

When they put it back together, make sure OEM parts...... and ask to have it on the lift with or/and w/o the bottom plastic pan removed to be sure they reinstalled all the correct fasteners...... (yes they overlook the fittings at the dealership).

Make sure head-light is tight and aligned, make sure no overspray on parts.... they should remove front bumper to paint, and not tape off...... (yes the take short cuts).

Make sure car is aligned after.... and look at the alignment post job specs.....

GL.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Go test drive the tech's car into the back of another one. I could just imagine how pissed you were...like tphss said, very sad that just people don't give a sh*t about others property.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:48 PM

C63 507
Thanks guys these comments are really helpful. And yeah, gritting my teeth.

Took pics of it this morning, the tech also scraped up my right front forged wheel. Fit on the left side of the hood is off, from the right side collision. I'll be coming back to follow these comments once they get the work going. Thanks again
Old 04-09-2016, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Add a new wheel to that list. And when the finish on a new wheel doesn't match the other 3, might as well tell them to tack on an extra 3.

Props to you for being so reserved, you're a better man than most of us here. I know I would probably have to send someone else on my behalf to deal with the situation, or at least bring someone along to keep me cool.

I was at a restaurant the other night where they valet cars, I know the owner, and I usually park myself. The new valet guy was not having it that night so I said ef it, and let him park (because its so complicated) and I sat there and waited. He waited in my car for a few minutes (small parking lot) and then started to rev the **** out of it.

+1 on people not respecting your ****.

If there is another 507 on the lot, you know, one without an accident I'd just walk up and say I'll take that one please and thank you.
The following users liked this post:
507OverBiturbo (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
oh no. i would be absolutely livid. as others have said, you have every right to be a pain in the dealer's side until they have properly taken care of you by replacing (not repair) every damaged part
The following users liked this post:
507OverBiturbo (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
He waited in my car for a few minutes (small parking lot) and then started to rev the **** out of it.
I'd have to hurt someone for that

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
If there is another 507 on the lot, you know, one without an accident I'd just walk up and say I'll take that one please and thank you.
This is the best point made so far. Now your car has an accident history. They're going to have to do something extraordinary to make this right.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 04-09-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Oh my god. This is one of my more worse nightmares. I had my car in for a SRS recall a couple of days ago and I put as huge sign taped to my dash saying "Mialage: XX,XXX, NO ROAD TEST, NO CAR WASH" for this very reason. I also told the Service Advisor to please note this on the documentation.

No way in hell is anyone going to road test my car for tires, airbags, etc. I'll road test myself and let you know.

I'm sorry -- I can come off a bid douchy about this, but I won't let something like this happen. These exact stories make me cringe big time.

If I were you, like others have said, take them to the cleaners with everything that's not as perfect as the day you left it there.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
This is the best point made so far. Now your car has an accident history. They're going to have to do something extraordinary to make this right.[/QUOTE]

Exactly -- your going to take a hit on your resale value by a bit so your probably best demanding some sort of compensation whether it be free services down the road, additional parts (CF spoiler, etc idk whatever OE parts you want)

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Truly a really crappy situation to be in.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
I was going to say, beyond fixing it, your resale value just dropped.

If you plan on holding the car for a while, you should probably accept, in addition to a full immaculate repair:
1) Extended bumper to bumper warranty
2) Lifetime free scheduled service.

That should make up for it.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
that's bs ... you just lost thousands off resale. tell them not to report it and just fix it and give you something free !!!!!
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
That is terrible. I think I would have gone ballistic if that was my car.
The dealer definitely needs to do more than just fix your car, as your resale value will have dropped now that the vehicle is no longer accident free.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by dchl21
that's bs ... you just lost thousands off resale. tell them not to report it and just fix it and give you something free !!!!!
They are going to report it because the dealer insurance is likely going to pay for it.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
I'd potentially ask to trade in the car at a before accident price, negotiate a bit more, and walk out with a different 507/C63. They can take it upon themselves to fix and sell it.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go in there and start talking about things like 'emotional duress' and 'sensitivity trauma'. I bet you could be in a new GT-S at this rate by the end of the weekend.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
2006 E55
I'm sorry to hear this OP. As others have mentioned, you are a much bigger man than I am because I would completely flip out and likely wouldn't be able to go myself because I'd end up in jail from putting someone in a coma. And you know these idiots don't just have an accident - dude was probably wailing on it and couldn't control the car. My blood pressure went up just reading your post! I can't even begin to imagine, man. I'm sorry again.

----

I think the worst part about it - even if it's cosmetic damage - is that your car now has an accident on record, which not only devalues the car even if it's just cosmetic, but will scare buyers away potentially in the future. That's hard to put a price tag on in my opinion.
150% take your own Indy or the car to an Indy and have them look over the car completely. Take all the pics you can of the car as is, the parts removed, and what is replaced etc. You can never have too much, legally. The last thing you want is the dealer to replace a bumper, then you find out two months later there is damage to the chassis. Then you're f-d because you signed some release or other BS the dealer will likely have you do.

----
This is the EXACT reason why I have a great relationship with my SA and tell him repeatedly when I get there that I don't need the tech test driving the car after a service, new mounted/balanced tires etc.
I will test MY OWN CAR and if I don't feel something is right - then I'll come back.

I ALWAYS mark the mileage and walk around the car one more time (yes, I'm THAT **** about my vehicles before leaving it) because no matter how good you are with your SA, you just never know - I am also insistent on the same Master MB tech working on my car. He has worked on my previous AMG and continues to do so. I've been with this SA and tech for almost 7 years now. I'd rather wait an extra day, two, or even a week if it means him touching my vehicle.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 04-09-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Go in there and start talking about things like 'emotional duress' and 'sensitivity trauma'. I bet you could be in a new GT-S at this rate by the end of the weekend.
Haha, not even.

I think reasonably speaking there are a handful of good options / opinions in here.

This is what I would do.

Option A:
- Ask for a generous trade in offer to use towards a newer 507/c63. The car being in an accident has cost you a few grand right there alone, no matter how great of a repair is done. I would especially consider this route if you don't plan on keeping a c63 forever and would look to trade/sell down the road.

Option B:
- Get everything repaired (including a new wheel) to your satisfaction and have an extended bumper to bumper warranty thrown in as well. All of the damage may not be done yet, and that one slightly loosened bolt could create some chaos in 10k miles. I would really push for some type of warranty coverage if I was planning on keeping the car. If you already have an extended warranty, then I'd move to requesting a pre-paid service plan. You should never have to pay for an air filter or oil change again.

I wouldn't try to strong-arm them out of the gate. However, if they are being unreasonable I'd remind them the power of the internet. Everyone makes mistakes, that's a given. But the response to a mistake is what makes a person / business who they are. A good review can generate new profit that otherwise would likely not be there. On the flip side, a bad review can do just the opposite and possible be even more damaging.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
This is like my worst nightmare come true.
The damage is fixable, that's not a big issue. The issue, like others have stated, the re-sale value dropped because of this. You need to be compensated for this.
Keep us updated on how it goes.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
2006 E55
^ Exactly. You can't put a price tag (or maybe you can if it's big $$$$ signs) on a vehicle that now has an accident on it. I would ask for a lot, OP. I mean, A LOT (free maintenance for four years, 36-month bumper to bumper warranty at that dealer, siriusxm sub for 6 years, free hooker ******** on each oil change etc.).
Old 04-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Look up diminished value. Essentially this is a claim you can file that would require them to pay you the difference in cash for the lost value on your car. I've done this on one of my other cars before when someone hit me. Got a check in the mail for $900 from their insurance company. It is based of the pre-accident value vs the after accident value.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-to...claim-cm174744
Old 04-09-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
Could be tough getting a replacement 507 wheel

When I checked through the dealer a few months back, a black rear 507 wheel was over $2500 and none in stock. Two showed on back order in Europe only. Without a match, you may be due a new set of four from a current model using 19" staggered. yikes
Old 04-09-2016, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 P31 black/black
The accident will likely show a $2000 hit on resale value. It would be a very good idea to consult a lawyer before agreeing to anything.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 PM

C63 507
Thanks again for all of the comments/thoughts.

I am concerned about the loss in value due to collision, and being fairly compensated, otherwise it's a lose lose for me. Will definitely look into at least getting them to compensate with an extended warranty and service -- clearly reasonable -- and will compare pre-and post-accident values (I'm cringing thinking about it).

The hood has me wondering. Since they're not building 507s, will the dealership be able to get a new one? I don't even know how that works on a 507 (2014 coupe). And my paint job is the platinum matte finish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When the dealer's tech crashes your c63???