Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Try searching
1) yes
2) end of headers
3) either
Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by 63 Molar
Hey guys,
no better thread to seek some advice.
I am interested in unleashing the beast from within ... by placing some long tube exhaust headers onto the AMG.
I currently run Mikes H pipe config ( secondary delete ) and straight pipes ( res delete )
Are the current headers on the market bolt on fit to my set up /?
Where would i need to insert the hi flow cats ?
and do you need an X pipe with LTH rather than the H pipe set up ?
TIA guys
Matthew
Depends what size collector you want. Then you get clamps to cut and weld to match up to mike's H pipe. I believe MBH and ARH run 3'' collectors. and the Taiwanese made headers...FI ,Agency Power, ect.. are running 2.75'' Collectors. I wouldn't worry about the X pipe.. you already got the gear below. You just have to match it up.

Best bet is to give Mike a call and get em to send you his premium exhaust clamps for a clean install so you can cut and weld the H pipe to suit ur LTH.
Be warned tho. Your car will be NASCAR loud with any LTH cat delete set up.
might wanna look into Valved mufflers or roll the dice with excessive noise violations

personally I'm running Agency power headers and not happy at all. wish I would have gone MBH with a 3'' collector. But this will happen soon enough.

I've delt with Golan at auto talent previously. He's good to deal with And I'm sure will get you the best possible deal on a set of MBH

BTW There are tons of threads in the sticky's section that would consume your day with reading all about headers and various exhaust set ups. search up on it. There are some good reads. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
63 Molar (04-05-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by jd_hinks
Depends what size collector you want. Then you get clamps to cut and weld to match up to mike's H pipe. I believe MBH and ARH run 3'' collectors. and the Taiwanese made headers...FI ,Agency Power, ect.. are running 2.75'' Collectors. I wouldn't worry about the X pipe.. you already got the gear below. You just have to match it up.

Best bet is to give Mike a call and get em to send you his premium exhaust clamps for a clean install so you can cut and weld the H pipe to suit ur LTH.
Be warned tho. Your car will be NASCAR loud with any LTH cat delete set up.
might wanna look into Valved mufflers or roll the dice with excessive noise violations

personally I'm running Agency power headers and not happy at all. wish I would have gone MBH with a 3'' collector. But this will happen soon enough.

I've delt with Golan at auto talent previously. He's good to deal with And I'm sure will get you the best possible deal on a set of MBH

BTW There are tons of threads in the sticky's section that would consume your day with reading all about headers and various exhaust set ups. search up on it. There are some good reads. Good luck
Just out of interest, why are you not happy with the agency power headers.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 AM

2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
Just out of interest, why are you not happy with the agency power headers.
The packaging and actual first impression of quality was great . Their valved exhaust set up is good and still working.. I did however have fittment issues with the headers on the drivers side. After 3 different warranty inspections and test drives with techs at my local MB stealer to trouble shoot the vibrations in steering wheel when throttling into left turns. After every nut and bolt on the front end was checked, they eventually found scoring on one of the exhaust runners and the steering column. After they found this they checked header bolts and steering column. Everything thing installed as it should be. They came back to tell me headers defective due to the tight fit of the one exhaust runner it did not have enough clearance between steering column.

After a few email exchanges with an AP sales rep. Things didn't really go any where. And could not give me a yes or no answer as to whether or not they would truly stand behind their product and honour their warranty. He only went on to say how superior their product is and that it is tried tested and true. I had pictures and detailed MB service reports to prove the headers were the issue.

Any way I don't really don't mean to continue ranting on about this issue on this thread. Bottom line- headers defective + poor customer service = I'll never buy from them again.

This is just my personal experience. I have no doubt they have a few satisfied customers that bought headers and they actually fit. But when you get them mass produced in Taiwan, I'd think that 1 out of a few hundred made might come out defective.

needless to say I've moved on. I'll probably just take it back to the shop and get them to bang the exhaust runner in a bit to clear the steering column. Until I decide to make the switch to MBH
Old 04-06-2017, 06:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
spoke with Mike
The h pipe is 2 inch ...
He said would be better to get 2.5 inch ?

what are the dimensions of the pipes after the cats ? 3 inch ....
would this matter dropping down to 2 inch ...
Old 04-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by jd_hinks
The packaging and actual first impression of quality was great . Their valved exhaust set up is good and still working.. I did however have fittment issues with the headers on the drivers side. After 3 different warranty inspections and test drives with techs at my local MB stealer to trouble shoot the vibrations in steering wheel when throttling into left turns. After every nut and bolt on the front end was checked, they eventually found scoring on one of the exhaust runners and the steering column. After they found this they checked header bolts and steering column. Everything thing installed as it should be. They came back to tell me headers defective due to the tight fit of the one exhaust runner it did not have enough clearance between steering column.

After a few email exchanges with an AP sales rep. Things didn't really go any where. And could not give me a yes or no answer as to whether or not they would truly stand behind their product and honour their warranty. He only went on to say how superior their product is and that it is tried tested and true. I had pictures and detailed MB service reports to prove the headers were the issue.

Any way I don't really don't mean to continue ranting on about this issue on this thread. Bottom line- headers defective + poor customer service = I'll never buy from them again.

This is just my personal experience. I have no doubt they have a few satisfied customers that bought headers and they actually fit. But when you get them mass produced in Taiwan, I'd think that 1 out of a few hundred made might come out defective.

needless to say I've moved on. I'll probably just take it back to the shop and get them to bang the exhaust runner in a bit to clear the steering column. Until I decide to make the switch to MBH
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'd also be upset if the supplier just brushed me off like that.
I've got the IPE headers which are essentially the same thing. My technician said everything was very tight, but it does clear everything like it should.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Another AP (Vivid) scumbag story. Not surprised, sorry to hear that JD. Those ****ing ********s are BAD NEWS. Oh wait aren't they a sponsor here. Figures.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Another AP (Vivid) scumbag story. Not surprised, sorry to hear that JD. Those ****ing ********s are BAD NEWS. Oh wait aren't they a sponsor here. Figures.
I've been informed from ARH they do not do their headers in RHD config
Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 63 Molar
Hey guys,
no better thread to seek some advice.
I am interested in unleashing the beast from within ... by placing some long tube exhaust headers onto the AMG.
I currently run Mikes H pipe config ( secondary delete ) and straight pipes ( res delete )
Are the current headers on the market bolt on fit to my set up /?
Where would i need to insert the hi flow cats ?
and do you need an X pipe with LTH rather than the H pipe set up ?
TIA guys
Matthew
Best to sell mikes hpipe and get MBH headers, high flow cat mid pipes, and x-pipe. Unfortunately they don't offer h-pipe.
The following users liked this post:
63 Molar (04-09-2017)