C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car just broke down with only 25,000 miles need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2016 | 03:38 PM

W204 C63 Bone Stock; E36 M3 Supercharged 400WHP; X5 parts eater
In most of my cars a flashing CEL means its misfiring at that particular time.
Old 04-20-2016 | 07:23 PM

2013 C63 P31 coupe
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Crankshaft position sensor and misfiring on 1-5. Good luck, let us know the result.
Old 04-20-2016 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
don't worry I have an s-class on order that will be here in a few months

Originally Posted by avery.whss
and I'll be outtie from the c-community
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (04-21-2016)
Old 04-20-2016 | 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Never seen a flash engine code in my life. If you read the manual, it says to shut off and don't drive with a flash code, must be bad.
Old 04-21-2016 | 01:20 AM

10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
Similar thing happened to my car, 2010 with 15k miles. This was a few months ago before the supercharger install. Ran the codes on SDS and it was an upstream O2 sensor causing cylinder #5 to misfire. I used one of those cheap obd2 scanners it was saying all were misfiring and stuff but at the shop we saw that it was only #5.

Funny thing was, when I did reset the codes it would go away and come back at random times.
Old 04-21-2016 | 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
when engine light flashes it's a miss fire detection and the reason your car ran weird is because it shut those cylinders off and went into limp mode to get you home.

funny thing this just happened to me the other day and my car is a 13 with 27k miles.I was in 3rd and gave it 30% throttle and the car felt weird and started shaking and sputtering.

I have a scanner hooked up to my cell phone and pulled the code right away.miss fire on cylinder 1 so I cleared the code and the car started and ran fine and drive it home.

I didn't take it to the dealer yet as it just happened once and will see if it does it again.
Old 05-18-2016 | 05:09 AM

c63 amg
Well guys its a few weeks later and boy was it a crappy 2 weeks!! Also before i forget thanks for all the replys!!

Well i brought it in in limp mode and thankfully made it in too mercedes in Surrey B.C.
and later that day they called me and said it was some sort of seal or gasket or something on the manifold or i cant remember lol but he said it wasnt getting enough air pressure and something with the fuel air mixture.
So i figured it would be cheap cause the part was not crazy expensive but apparently it was a 4 hour labor cause they had too take everything apart and i think was around $700 Canadian plus my service was $650 so it cost a bunch and i was pretty bummed out cause i drive the thing like 8000 km a year and take it too mercedes every service.

So now is where the nightmare comes in! I get the car back all nice and cleaned and serviced and fixed and i park it. I drove it a few days later for a bit and everything felt good. So my Gf takes it like 1km away too the mall and she calls me freaking out saying the engine light is on and the whole car is shaking and she cant go past 5 kmph and has the hazard lights on so i asked where she was and was literally 1 and a half blocks from Mercedes so i had her on 3 way call with my mercedes guy and she was 10 seconds away and it finally died but the mechanics came and pushed it rest of way wich was very close.

So i was pissed thinking they didnt fix the problem and i wasted that money and i was telling her this not realizing i was on speaker with the manager lol but me and him are cool and he is a great guy and we always chat so its all good , and they drove her home and kept my car.
So i went in at 4pm and i seen a worried look on the manager guy and the lady who is the person i usually bring my car too to get serviced and i knew it was something bad lol

He tells me that its the fuel pump so im thinking ok not super bad but he says there are 2 of them though and 1 is $700 and the other is $1000 canadian then my heart sank lol.
Then for a final course too this bad meal he tells me they have too order it from germany and it will take at least 10 days. She then trys too ease me saying she will look into the parts i need and see if anything is covered or if there is anything she can do
too try and help with the cost wich was really nice!!
Even though it only has 45,000 km or 27,000 miles im not sure that matters lol and the warranty ran out last year and they couldnt extend it cause even though im the second owner my company bought it for me and immediatley that day they transfered it too me but they still consider it 3d owner wich is bull crap.

Anyways thats my story lol any thoughts? also could they have wrecked or not replaced the fuel pump correctly when fixing the first problem?

Last edited by die4mebenz; 05-18-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2016 | 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Originally Posted by die4mebenz
Well guys its a few weeks later and boy was it a crappy 2 weeks!! Also before i forget thanks for all the replys!!

Well i brought it in in limp mode and thankfully made it in too mercedes in Surrey B.C.
and later that day they called me and said it was some sort of seal or gasket or something on the manifold or i cant remember lol but he said it wasnt getting enough air pressure and something with the fuel air mixture.
So i figured it would be cheap cause the part was not crazy expensive but apparently it was a 4 hour labor cause they had too take everything apart and i think was around $700 Canadian plus my service was $650 so it cost a bunch and i was pretty bummed out cause i drive the thing like 8000 km a year and take it too mercedes every service.

So now is where the nightmare comes in! I get the car back all nice and cleaned and serviced and fixed and i park it. I drove it a few days later for a bit and everything felt good. So my Gf takes it like 1km away too the mall and she calls me freaking out saying the engine light is on and the whole car is shaking and she cant go past 5 kmph and has the hazard lights on so i asked where she was and was literally 1 and a half blocks from Mercedes so i had her on 3 way call with my mercedes guy and she was 10 seconds away and it finally died but the mechanics came and pushed it rest of way wich was very close.

So i was pissed thinking they didnt fix the problem and i wasted that money and i was telling her this not realizing i was on speaker with the manager lol but me and him are cool and he is a great guy and we always chat so its all good , and they drove her home and kept my car.
So i went in at 4pm and i seen a worried look on the manager guy and the lady who is the person i usually bring my car too to get serviced and i knew it was something bad lol

He tells me that its the fuel pump so im thinking ok not super bad but he says there are 2 of them though and 1 is $700 and the other is $1000 canadian then my heart sank lol.
Then for a final course too this bad meal he tells me they have too order it from germany and it will take at least 10 days. She then trys too ease me saying she will look into the parts i need and see if anything is covered or if there is anything she can do
too try and help with the cost wich was really nice!!
Even though it only has 45,000 km or 27,000 miles im not sure that matters lol and the warranty ran out last year and they couldnt extend it cause even though im the second owner my company bought it for me and immediatley that day they transfered it too me but they still consider it 3d owner wich is bull crap.

Anyways thats my story lol any thoughts? also could they have wrecked or not replaced the fuel pump correctly when fixing the first problem?
If the car drove great after you got it the first time most likely just coincidental. Hard to say. You had it for days after the service. Now if it was still doing it immediately after the service, probably have ground to stand on unfortunately sounds like ****ty luck sorry.
Old 05-18-2016 | 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I had the exact same problems, except on different occasions. Mine were fixed under warranty.

There is a known problem with the air intake manifold, where the gasket needs to be replaced. Took 2 weeks for the fuel pumps for me. The pump failure was most likely caused by the erratic work load on the pumps due to the vehicle trying to compensate for the leaky air intake manifold. Not saying you continuing to drive caused the failure, but it is a possibility.

Rule of thumb.. flashing check engine light.. stop and call dealer or repair facility if you like independents, solid check engine light.. usually an emissions problem.
Old 05-18-2016 | 07:30 PM

2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I had the exact same problems, except on different occasions. Mine were fixed under warranty.

There is a known problem with the air intake manifold, where the gasket needs to be replaced. Took 2 weeks for the fuel pumps for me. The pump failure was most likely caused by the erratic work load on the pumps due to the vehicle trying to compensate for the leaky air intake manifold. Not saying you continuing to drive caused the failure, but it is a possibility.

Rule of thumb.. flashing check engine light.. stop and call dealer or repair facility if you like independents, solid check engine light.. usually an emissions problem.

Um, no....solid check engine light is any code that the ecm is programmed to notify driver of that is deemed non-catastrophic...this includes everything from gas cap, to vacuum leaks to misfires(yes misfires are NOT a flashing code).... When you see a flashing check engine light it is a condition that has potential to be catastrophic to the engine...this includes oil pressure, high engine temp, cooling fan fault, lean condition(bad fuel pump cause this no doubt, and we all know an engine will run rich all day long but won't run lean but once)...

....solid light needs checking as soon as you can, but its not a pull over and sit on the shoulder condition

....flashing light means shut that ***** down, now
Old 05-18-2016 | 08:58 PM

2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
Originally Posted by jptaylor
Um, no....solid check engine light is any code that the ecm is programmed to notify driver of that is deemed non-catastrophic...this includes everything from gas cap, to vacuum leaks to misfires(yes misfires are NOT a flashing code).... When you see a flashing check engine light it is a condition that has potential to be catastrophic to the engine...this includes oil pressure, high engine temp, cooling fan fault, lean condition(bad fuel pump cause this no doubt, and we all know an engine will run rich all day long but won't run lean but once)...

....solid light needs checking as soon as you can, but its not a pull over and sit on the shoulder condition

Very well said.

All the manuals of the vehicles I have owned state what you just said.
Old 05-19-2016 | 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by jptaylor

It's why I said.. usually, not always. Most of the folks who ended up with a solid non flashing light (not all), it was emissions related.