Cost for headlight replacement...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc c63 AMG Coupe, Lexus LX450 Suv
Cost for headlight replacement...

Hey all.
Love my 2012 c63 coupe. Ran into a couple bugs as I was prepping for the 4th year service B (only 18K miles, no trans change needed)

Started car, error pops up, "Adaptive Headlight not working", "check right headlight".

Sure enough Right headlight is out, including the brights.

I'm hoping this is a computer malfunction or simple "wiring" issue, but who knows.

Will have MB pick it up Friday to assess. Any idea on cost might expect for this?
Pretty bummed out, car has been great overall, other than annoying sounds from moonroof (I will NEVER GET A MOONROOF AGAIN).

I was ready to buy the new coupe but that rear bumper completely eliminated that as an option. It is so bad that my infatuation for the new coupe went out in puff of smoke. So sad. Love this car though, so I'll keep, hope costs won't be too terrible to maintain...

thanks all
H
Old 04-28-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
If you go through the dealer, it will be very expensive. If they replace the entire headlight unit to include the two separate modules, one directly behind the headlight enclosure and the other at the bottom of it. All said and done, well over $2k for one headlight from the dealer.

You can however, have them tell you what is wrong with it. Maybe not all components are bad, possibly one of the modules is out. You can find them on ebay. One module will run you about $300~400 while the other is less expensive around the $70 mark. If you need to get the headlight unit, those go for about $400-550 on ebay usually without the modules but you might get lucky and find one with all modules for a decent price.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc c63 AMG Coupe, Lexus LX450 Suv
Dang Man,

Thanks so much for reply.

I'll see what they offer and go from that. At least now I know I have an idea w/ t\what I'm dealing.

thanks again, I'll keep us all posted, hopefully I do not get Owned (would've used another word, starting w/ R, meaning getting "overtaken", but its a new age, gotta be pc right? "

FCK this is gonna cost a lot I think Funny cuz I almost got th MB extended warranty earlyMarch and now this hahaha,
Old 04-28-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Just make sure that when you get the dealer's quote, have them provide you with all the part numbers you need. I was able to save over $1k by purchasing items myself (genuine MB parts) and have the dealer do the install. They're in the business of making $$ and their markups are high.