C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Just took delivery and some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:21 PM

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts
G63/RR LWB/W222 S550
Just took delivery and some questions

The car is magnite black on porecelain and came with most of the options I wanted. I got a really good deal I think but magnite black was not my first choice but its growing on me.

I have some questions that I hope someone can help

1. The porcelain leather is wearing off on the bolster. Whats the best way to get it redone or touched up? The paint is completely gone in some spot and I want to fix it asap.

2. Upon cold start I heard a loud whine/humming after about 10 seconds that lasted for a few seconds and then went away. Almost like a pump or something being turned on what can this be?

3. I need to replace the rear tires. The car came with Pierlli P Zero 255/30/19 and I am having a hard time finding a good deal on these for the rear. Only place that stocks these is Tirerack and everywhere else they are runflats?? The fronts are brand new otherwise I would switch over completely. Can I use 265/30 in the rear (stock height).

Thats all for now here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Just took delivery and some questions-img_1744.jpeg   Just took delivery and some questions-img_8393.jpeg  

Last edited by simandang; 06-12-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts
2006 E55
I can't comment on the seats, but the sound on cold start that you're noticing is normal.

Congrats on the vehicle and that's a gorgeous color.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 06-11-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Mine makes that noise on start-up too. I believe it's normal.

For the side bolsters, I would take it to a place that specializes in leather/interior repair; they can do some amazing stuff! One of my fist cars had cigarette burns right through the seats into the soft material inside. After I took it to a repair shop, it looked brand new! The seat side bolsters in these cars seem to be easy prey for marks and scuffs..
Old 06-12-2016, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by simandang
The car is magnite black on porecelain and came with most of the options I wanted. I got a really good deal I think but magnite black was not my first choice but its growing on me.

I have some questions that I hope someone can help

1. The porcelain leather is wearing off on the bolster. Whats the best way to get it redone or touched up? The paint is completely gone in some spot and I want to fix it asap.

2. Upon cold start I heard a loud whine/humming after about 10 seconds that lasted for a few seconds and then went away. Almost like a pump or something being turned on what can this be?

3. I need to replace the rear tires. The car came with Pierlli P Zero 255/30/19 and I am having a hard time finding a good deal on these for the rear. Only place that stocks these is Tirerack and everywhere else they are runflats?? The fronts are brand new otherwise I would switch over completely. Can I use 265/30 in the rear (stock height).

Thats all for now here are some pictures.
Welcome and congrats on the beauty! I have the same color and it was also not my first choice but I love it now. How it turns different colors depending on how the light hits it. Could be grey, or black, and those metallic flakes...mhmmm.

Be sure to check out https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html it will help answer most of your questions or future questions you will have.

Car noise - The car noise is normal as others said, wouldn't worry about it.

Tires - As far as tires, the recommended is Michelin Pilot Super Sport (mpss). The best ones you can have on these beasts.

Leather - I use leatherique to help maintain my leather. There are also repair kits out there that you can use yourself to help repair the seats if you are into workig on your car. If not, just like Wawy said, find a reputable shop that does leather touch up.

Enjoy the C63 though!

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 06-12-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
I had a few tears in my bolster when I got it. Brought it to a local upholstery shop and had just the two different pieces with tears replaced; cost $200. Alternately, a new full factory seat cover from MB isn't actually THAT expensive: it was ~$650. But unless you're really handy, you probably would still need to pay a shop to install it, so figure $800 total. Probably $900 if you brought it to the dealer.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 C63 AMG P31
Is it under warranty? I (miraculously) got MB to replace my driver side seat cover under warranty after the leather started cracking. If it doesn't show signs of abuse like cuts or punctures, that might be an option.

The vacuum cleaner noise is the smog pump, or secondary air injector. It's supposed to heat up the cats quicker to burn more crap out of your exhaust to pass emissions tests. Worthless.
The following users liked this post:
MB_SD (06-14-2016)