Looking for eurocharged v5 dyno on MCT p31 c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
If you have the flash loader you can still do a before dyno. Just flash back to stock.
I just got the tune done at the shop, never bought the flash device.

They saved my stock file so I guess I can still get one with both files on it if I really wanted to be 100% sure of the gains it made, if any.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by Amg63-
I just got the tune done at the shop, never bought the flash device.

They saved my stock file so I guess I can still get one with both files on it if I really wanted to be 100% sure of the gains it made, if any.
If your butt-dyno senses a difference, than odds are that there is one. On a P31 car there is definitely a difference. More importantly, if you're happy with how the car is performing, just ENJOY IT.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
If your butt-dyno senses a difference, than odds are that there is one. On a P31 car there is definitely a difference. More importantly, if you're happy with how the car is performing, just ENJOY IT.
Thanks, I will be. I also love the huge improvement in throttle response. In stock form the car had a terrible throttle lag I actually couldn't believe AMG would release a car that way, I was surprised.

do you have an answer to my question above regarding the tune taking time to adapt, and if so how is it possible to accurately dyno it?
Old 06-20-2016, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Too bad you don't have the handheld tuner. You could flash back to stock and you'd feel like your car has 500lbs of bricks in the trunk.

You'll feel a loss in power more than a gain.

Anyway, sometimes tuners will say "go drive 50 miles for the tune to set" blah blah. The reality is, once tuned just go do a few pulls so the car can adjust and that's it. There is no magic number like "Oh, you have to drive 100 miles before the extra power is unlocked." It's more of a matter of how you drive the car.

But long story short, once the file is loaded the car is tuned and that's that.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Amg63-
Thanks, I will be. I also love the huge improvement in throttle response. In stock form the car had a terrible throttle lag I actually couldn't believe AMG would release a car that way, I was surprised.

do you have an answer to my question above regarding the tune taking time to adapt, and if so how is it possible to accurately dyno it?
That "Lag" is what makes people raise their eyebrows. It's intentional especially in C mode because you get in and think to yourself "Man, this car drives like a camry and is real conservative and just nice." Then when you go to S+/M mode and you romp on it the difference is pretty large so the buyer thinks "Wow, this car has to wildly different personalities, personalities I spent a good amount of money on, therefore I am happy."
Old 06-20-2016, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Too bad you don't have the handheld tuner. You could flash back to stock and you'd feel like your car has 500lbs of bricks in the trunk.

You'll feel a loss in power more than a gain.

Anyway, sometimes tuners will say "go drive 50 miles for the tune to set" blah blah. The reality is, once tuned just go do a few pulls so the car can adjust and that's it. There is no magic number like "Oh, you have to drive 100 miles before the extra power is unlocked." It's more of a matter of how you drive the car.

But long story short, once the file is loaded the car is tuned and that's that.

The difference you describe between being tuned and untuned is more in line with how I felt when I drove a stock standard c63 vs a stock p31 car.

Are you saying even comparing a stock p31 to a tuned p31 the difference on the butt dyno should would be that obvious?

My car is a tuned p31 for the record that's what I'm discussing here

Last edited by Amg63-; 06-20-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
That "Lag" is what makes people raise their eyebrows. It's intentional especially in C mode because you get in and think to yourself "Man, this car drives like a camry and is real conservative and just nice." Then when you go to S+/M mode and you romp on it the difference is pretty large so the buyer thinks "Wow, this car has to wildly different personalities, personalities I spent a good amount of money on, therefore I am happy."

Gotta love the games these car manufacturers play on people these days lol.

On a stock car I guess the lag is always there even in S+ just that it's not made as noticeable as compared to when in C mode. When my car was stock even s+ had this weird hesitation before the car started going. It's either throttle lag or traction control, but even in sport handling mode which reduces the traction control I still felt the throttle lag.

The tune just seems to downright eliminate the throttle log completely in ever mode including C mode. I personally like it much better this way but I can see why some people might like the car with a "dual" personality like the stock tune offers. Just not for me that's all.