C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Eurocharged V5 odd issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
So update on this. I swapped out both of my MAFS with the ones that were on my OEM airboxes. I also reseated the airboxes and used the new black full thread airbox screws from Benz. Car instantly running much better, also the exhaust even sounds better. I am not sure how bad maf or airleak made the exhaust sound off (less loud, not as AMGish) but these things fixed everything. Car feels fantastic and sounds great again. Pops and crackles are back. Im very happy.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
The following users liked this post:
ENVē (08-14-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by ENVē
So update on this. I swapped out both of my MAFS with the ones that were on my OEM airboxes. I also reseated the airboxes and used the new black full thread airbox screws from Benz. Car instantly running much better, also the exhaust even sounds better. I am not sure how bad maf or airleak made the exhaust sound off (less loud, not as AMGish) but these things fixed everything. Car feels fantastic and sounds great again. Pops and crackles are back. Im very happy.
Nice glad to hear you fixed it.

When you switch to row airboxes which already come with Mafs on them does it need to be swapped out for the Mafs on the OEM NA boxes or did you just somehow damage them?
Old 08-15-2016, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by Amg63-

When you switch to row airboxes which already come with Mafs on them does it need to be swapped out for the Mafs on the OEM NA boxes or did you just somehow damage them?
No need to swap the MAFs on ROW boxes that I know of. I bought mine second hand and they are still working fine with K&N filters as well.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Amg63-

No need to swap them at all. They worked fine for almost a year. Im guessing they got dirty when I had the airbox apart one day to clean my filters. There was a lot of that floating tree sap flying around and thats the only thing I think could happen. That sappy floating pollen mustve made one of the mafs dirty or something. Or it could just be that one maf went bad. I just swapped out and put the new screws in. All good now.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:51 PM

Did a couple of wide open runs on hottest day of year and car threw same code again. Im beginning to think it is heat related and maybe has to do with 02 sensor because when I look at o2 sensor while idling its sporadically kicking voltage around. I am just curious as to why it happens only on days where its 95 degrees+ and never when really going nuts. I will reseat airboxes yet again and check the rubber tubes clamps as well. Seems to happen when car does a WOT but then I have to brake right away cause someone merges and its during a shift it will lighlty buck and then next time I start car CEL will be there.

Ah I dont care car runs great even with it on. Next time I go near a dealer Ill ask them to check O2 sensor voltage if I reseat everything and it happens again anyway.