Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gaspam
lol crank/rod geometry... you're grasping
Are you saying that doesn't change the advance/retard angle limits in relation to how timing affects TDC? If so, can you please explain it to me? I'm trying to learn here.

you know you gain hp on no2 without tuning for it either right?
I thought nitrous was mainly a physical element. Since it's oxygen rich, it leans out the AFR causing the ECU to add more fuel for correction (this is done automatically). It also helps cool the combustion chamber. More fuel and cooler temperatures creates more energy resulting in more power. Absolutely zero tuning required. You can't compare increased octane levels to nitrous. Same goes for methanol, both of which generally require modifications to both the timing and fuel map to take advantage of. Maybe I don't understand how any of this works either so could you maybe help explain this to me as well? I enjoy asking potentially dumb questions since it may help others afraid to ask.

and no, specific tune for specific octane is always best.... keep in mind, no tune is 100% perfect in all conditions, in every gear at every speed and every baro pressure, etc. hence why you're car will adjust timing and higher oct will mitigate that to an extent when it happens
You have typed a lot of words and still haven't explained to me why dumping in a bottle of magic sauce with no specific tune for it nets more gains than race fuel with a specific tune for it.

That's just not adding up for me. But, if you could explain it without being all emo, maybe I'd understand.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Are you saying that doesn't change the advance/retard angle limits in relation to how timing affects TDC? If so, can you please explain it to me? I'm trying to learn here.
oh so the M156 engine changes its crank / rod geometry on the fly, wow cool, i heard of variable geometry turbos, but didnt know the M156 has variable geometry crank and rods lol

I thought nitrous was mainly a physical element. Since it's oxygen rich, it leans out the AFR causing the ECU to add more fuel for correction (this is done automatically). It also helps cool the combustion chamber. More fuel and cooler temperatures creates more energy resulting in more power. Absolutely zero tuning required. You can't compare increased octane levels to nitrous. Same goes for methanol, both of which generally require modifications to both the timing and fuel map to take advantage of. Maybe I don't understand how any of this works either so could you maybe help explain this to me as well? I enjoy asking potentially dumb questions since it may help others afraid to ask.
oxygen rich you say... hmmm... like (CH3C5H4)Mn(CO)3... <---psst, that stuff is in fuel concentrates....interesting, do go on chemistry professor (btw i am a chemical engineer)... please educate me on nitrous being a physical element

You have typed a lot of words and still haven't explained to me why dumping in a bottle of magic sauce with no specific tune for it nets more gains than race fuel with a specific tune for it.
i have, you just dont get it...also there was a dyno that showed it, but you chose to not believe your eyes, so what you cant understand or believe must be untrue right? . go pour water in your gas tank and take a drive, its only water, chemically neutral so it should have no effect right? .... now if it does something (even something really bad) it must be "magic sauce" right?

I will leave you for now to contemplate your next move on how to disprove the independent dyno in this thread since the changing fuel from 89 to 91 theory didnt pan out for you...

btw you are basically calling "c sexy 3" a liar by implying he didnt put the 91 oct in his tank that he said he did.... so you gonna stick with that theory that c sexy 3 put 89 oct in his tank to make his before dyno look bad and then drained his tank of the 89 and put higher octane gas in for the after dyno to make it look good? he went out of his way to do the dyno for the forum and then you calling him a liar? cool move bro, im out

Last edited by gaspam; 12-30-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG
oh so the M156 engine changes its crank / rod geometry on the fly, wow cool, i heard of variable geometry turbos, but didnt know the M156 has variable geometry crank and rods lol

oxygen rich you say... hmmm... like (CH3C5H4)Mn(CO)3... <---psst, that stuff is in fuel concentrates....interesting, do go on chemistry professor (btw i am a chemical engineer)... please educate me on nitrous being a physical element

i have, you just dont get it...also there was a dyno that showed it, but you chose to not believe your eyes, so what you cant understand or believe must be untrue right? . go pour water in your gas tank and take a drive, its only water, chemically neutral so it should have no effect right? .... now if it does something (even something really bad) it must be "magic sauce" right?

I will leave you for now to contemplate your next move on how to disprove the independent dyno in this thread since the changing fuel from 89 to 91 theory didnt pan out for you...

btw you are basically calling "c sexy 3" a liar by implying he didnt put the 91 oct in his tank that he said he did.... so you gonna stick with that theory that c sexy 3 put 89 oct in his tank to make his before dyno look bad and then drained his tank of the 89 and put higher octane gas in for the after dyno to make it look good? he went out of his way to do the dyno for the forum and then you calling him a liar? cool move bro, im out
This is why I stopped posting this was going no where fast even with proof. I guess that saying is true...

The following users liked this post:
gaspam (12-30-2016)
Old 12-30-2016, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 376 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
all I know is when I get my car out of winter storage you can bet anything I'm buying a can of this **** and taking it to the track.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:18 AM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Ok, after having gone through this thread a bit. I have come to the conclusion that Gaspam has no clue what he is talking about and is really bad at math.

Having said that, people have said that the C63 is better at higher Oct, like 98 or whatever is peak efficiently. This is true. The higher the Octane the better the engine will run and pull less timing out. It works in most cars other than NA rotaries.

I don't doubt a high octane liquid will provide higher HP benefits for the car. I might even believe the gains seen on the dyno test today. Hence why they sell race gas.
What I don't believe is that 1 16 oz bottle can raise the oct number high enough on a full tank from 91 to 97-98 enough to gain meaningful HP numbers.

It's impossible that a 16oz can could raise the number enough to do this. That is our argument. Now if you had 1 gallon of 91 fuel in the car and then put in 16oz of this stuff in there, it "could" render the results seen.

Maybe. But not with 15 gal. There is simply not enough magic in the can to do a full 15 gal tank.
I don't doubt oct boosters ability to raise the oct levels, but only to a certain amount.

Even 108 oct booster raises a 15 gal tank by only .2 or .03 to 91.2 or 91.3. Not enough to make any difference at all.

Doing a dyno test by a company who sells it is pointless. Many factors can be done to show or manipulate gains. It's very easy that someone can take my car in front of me, put me to the side, change a few perimeters in each run without me knowing and do a dyno run to see the changes.

Showing me a dyno graph does absolutely nothing as far as proving gains by a company that sells the product.

I would like to know why the same formula used in every other product is somehow much more concentrated in this product?

Last edited by Mazspeed; 12-31-2016 at 04:22 AM.
compaddict (01-01-2017)
Old 12-31-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
MMT is a knock suppressant. By suppressing knock you effectively raise the octane. It is used in the fuel industry around the world.
Good quality Octane boosters use it. It does not require large quantities to treat gas.
See attached pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mmt_Performance.pdf (1.25 MB, 258 views)
gaspam (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Savage-wp
MMT is a knock suppressant. By suppressing knock you effectively raise the octane. It is used in the fuel industry around the world.
Good quality Octane boosters use it. It does not require large quantities to treat gas.
See attached pdf.
oh that's witchcraft 1 drop mmt per L increases oct 2 pts... damm magic sauce dont give these guys facts, they dont believe in them lol, anything they cant comprehend must be untrue
Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mazspeed
Ok, after having gone through this thread a bit. I have come to the conclusion that Gaspam has no clue what he is talking about and is really bad at math.
show me where my math was off... I'll wait

Having said that, people have said that the C63 is better at higher Oct, like 98 or whatever is peak efficiently. This is true. The higher the Octane the better the engine will run and pull less timing out. It works in most cars other than NA rotaries.
wow thanks captain obvious, no one that's been around cars doesnt know that, but that's kinda contrary to all the "higher oct aint gonna do nuthin without a tune bro" crowd on this thread... watch out you're talking sacrilege now

I don't doubt a high octane liquid will provide higher HP benefits for the car. I might even believe the gains seen on the dyno test today.
ok good, at least you believe a c63 can pick up 23 whp on a dyno from race gas with no change in tune

It's impossible that a 16oz can could raise the number enough to do this. That is our argument.
it can, you just dont understand chemistry. you probably dont think a tiny little atom couldnt cause a reaction that destroys a city either right? .... how could something so small cause such a big change? hmmm, must of been a hoax in hiroshima

I would like to know why the same formula used in every other product is somehow much more concentrated in this product?
oh so you know the formula used in boostane? please post it because i havent found its msds anywhere, but according to you i'm clueless so clue me in on the formula please and post the msds...I'll wait ...until then facts are, forum member put his car on dyno added bottle to 8 gal of gas and made more power than he did on 91 fuel alone...something you (and few others) said wouldnt happened.... you lost hillary, quit making excuses

Last edited by gaspam; 12-31-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
oh that's witchcraft 1 drop mmt per L increases oct 2 pts... damm magic sauce dont give these guys facts, they dont believe in them lol, anything they cant comprehend must be untrue
show me where my math was off... I'll wait

wow thanks captain obvious, no one that's been around cars doesnt know that, but that's kinda contrary to all the "higher oct aint gonna do nuthin without a tune bro" crowd on this thread... watch out you're talking sacrilege now

ok good, at least you believe a c63 can pick up 23 whp on a dyno from race gas with no change in tune

it can, you just dont understand chemistry. you probably dont think a tiny little atom couldnt cause a reaction that destroys a city either right? .... how could something so small cause such a big change? hmmm, must of been a hoax in hiroshima

oh so you know the formula used in boostane? please post it because i havent found its msds anywhere, but according to you i'm clueless so clue me in on the formula please and post the msds...I'll wait ...until then facts are, forum member put his car on dyno added bottle to 8 gal of gas and made more power than he did on 91 fuel alone...something you (and few others) said wouldnt happened.... you lost hillary, quit making excuses
Saved for posterity before you edit it again. No knowledge, no content, no answers. Just flailing around like you always do, ruining every thread you touch.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Saved for posterity before you edit it again. No knowledge, no content, no answers. Just flailing around like you always do, ruining every thread you touch.
no knowledge and no content from me? lol go search my diy threads i started (supercharger bearing replacement, airmatic replacement, etc etc.. and meth install on audi forum) and let compare them to your diy threads.... what have you offered , other than a loud mouth insult factory
Old 12-31-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Damn guys. I came on to this thread looking for some quality information about potential performance boosters as demonstrated by video and intelligent discourse of knowledgeable people as one may expect representative of a Mercedes Benz forum. Instead, I got 3 pages of pointless insults that wouldn't even be seen or tolerated in my older Civic forum. Comeon guys, you talk about cleaning up the forum to make it better and then engage in pointless rhetoric like this...the higher level Benz car forums have to be
Adi-Benz (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 547 Likes on 483 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
How about you guys take a break from taking shots at each other before you earn yourselves a ban. No need to get this heated on this topic. Believe what you want. BUT if you're going to try and disprove it, DO IT CORRECTLY IN THE RIGHT MANNER. I have no interest in getting mixed up in this so please just be respectful.
gaspam (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There you go. Another stalker just like AveryWhss. Remember what happened to him when he started stalking people? Enjoy your coming vacation.

Picture taken 10yrs ago and I had my head shaved closely genius. And I looked damn good thanks! That car was mean, had just broken 206mph at Bruntingthorpe. Appreciate your stalking me and everything, it's very flattering but I'm happily married big boy. Kisses!
stalking? bro you put that picture on a public forum on the internet lmao! its public domain... take it down if you dont like people seeing it on the interwebs lol thanks for the kisses, Beijos para voce para o meu amor
Old 12-31-2016, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
stalking? bro you put that picture on a public forum on the internet lmao! its public domain... take it down if you dont like people seeing it on the interwebs lol thanks for the kisses, Beijos para voce para o meu amor
Yes stalking. You must have spent quite some time to find my username and that pic on 6SpeedOnline. Probably know my name too now. Congrats. Really though, you could just send me a nice note or flowers or something. I'm old-fashioned like that.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dlowery21
Damn guys. I came on to this thread looking for some quality information about potential performance boosters as demonstrated by video and intelligent discourse of knowledgeable people as one may expect representative of a Mercedes Benz forum. Instead, I got 3 pages of pointless insults that wouldn't even be seen or tolerated in my older Civic forum. Comeon guys, you talk about cleaning up the forum to make it better and then engage in pointless rhetoric like this...the higher level Benz car forums have to be
to you , and the rest that dont resort to calling the member that did the dyno basically a liar and calling me "gay", i apologize .... but to the insult factory guy blkrokt, nope
Old 12-31-2016, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Sometimes you have to cut your losses and stop tossing money at a bad investment.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
BLKROKT (12-31-2016), Mazspeed (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 02:34 PM

See attached pdf.
I have seen that before. It's a complete lie. One drop of mmt is not going to raise the octane level 2 numbers. That's just more BS. It's never been proven anywhere in independent testing. So if you put one drop of mmt, it's going to raise 91 to 91.1? Won't happen. If there was an independent lab that could verify this, I would be interested to look at those results.
the big problem with mmt is YES, MMT does leave deposits in both combustion chamber and your Cat converter and egr valves. This is one reason why it was banned as an additive for fuels in California and many other states due to it's corrosive properties not only in the engine, but in the atmosphere and ground wells as well.

It clogs everything. Arco used it as an oct lifter in the 70's and now lead the way in removing it from all gasoline. If this product uses mmt in any way in high amounts, you won't have your engine long. You cannot use too much of it. In fact none of our race teams ever used it because of the damage it can cause.

Last edited by Mazspeed; 12-31-2016 at 02:54 PM.
BLKROKT (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes stalking. You must have spent quite some time to find my username and that pic on 6SpeedOnline. Probably know my name too now. Congrats. Really though, you could just send me a nice note or flowers or something. I'm old-fashioned like that.
I would not even bother talking to him anymore. He has shown himself to be a complete moron. It would be nice if the mods would get rid of him though.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Received 522 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thread cleaned. If the insults continue we may have a few less members.
Adi-Benz (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 03:43 PM

I have seen that before. It's a complete lie. One drop of mmt is not going to raise the octane level 2 numbers. That's just more BS. It's never been proven anywhere in independent testing. So if you put one drop of mmt, it's going to raise 91 to 91.1? Won't happen. If there was an independent lab that could verify this, I would be interested to look at those results.
the big problem with mmt is YES, MMT does leave deposits in both combustion chamber and your Cat converter and egr valves. This is one reason why it was banned as an additive for fuels in California and many other states due to it's corrosive properties not only in the engine, but in the atmosphere and ground wells as well.

It clogs everything. Arco used it as an oct lifter in the 70's and now lead the way in removing it from all gasoline. If this product uses mmt in any way in high amounts, you won't have your engine long. You cannot use too much of it. In fact none of our race teams ever used it because of the damage it can cause.
Really. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
I was under the impression that MMT was one of the additives that caused the least amount of wear compared to some of the other additives used.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:52 PM

Really. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
I was under the impression that MMT was one of the additives that caused the least amount of wear compared to some of the other additives used.

Yeah it's nasty stuff. It's magnesium based and is very corrosive. Newer systems like what we have in our cars cannot take MMT. Their are some areas around the world where they still use it as a fuel additive like China and Canada, but they keep knocking down the amount used.

Many auto makers are against the use of it because what it does to their systems.

If this product has it in there, I would avoid it like the plague.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:03 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
I've been following this thread and I find it very interesting. I was one of the naysayers that said this would never work, but it appears to me that it does. Why? Like most people on here say, because the engine is pulling less timing.

First off, people have written that the car is designed for 98 RON. Remember, Research Octane Number is higher than the US standard which is (research + motor)/2. If I remember correctly, 98 RON is around 94 octane at an US Pump.

Second, at least with my 2006 Vette, once the computer pulls timing, it really pulls a ton of timing out and it takes forever for it to recover. Does anyone here know what the Mercedes computer does? When I had my Vette tuned after bolt-ons, the tuner actually pulled out timing. The reasoning is that you don't want the computer pulling timing. When we pulled out timing, the car actually made more power because the computer was not pulling a ton of timing out.

So if the octane booster raises the octane enough to keep the engine from pulling timing, I could see where it would make more power. It would be nice to see some logs of the before and after to see what was happening with the spark advance.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by glennhl
I've been following this thread and I find it very interesting. I was one of the naysayers that said this would never work, but it appears to me that it does. Why? Like most people on here say, because the engine is pulling less timing.

First off, people have written that the car is designed for 98 RON. Remember, Research Octane Number is higher than the US standard which is (research + motor)/2. If I remember correctly, 98 RON is around 94 octane at an US Pump.

Second, at least with my 2006 Vette, once the computer pulls timing, it really pulls a ton of timing out and it takes forever for it to recover. Does anyone here know what the Mercedes computer does? When I had my Vette tuned after bolt-ons, the tuner actually pulled out timing. The reasoning is that you don't want the computer pulling timing. When we pulled out timing, the car actually made more power because the computer was not pulling a ton of timing out.

So if the octane booster raises the octane enough to keep the engine from pulling timing, I could see where it would make more power. It would be nice to see some logs of the before and after to see what was happening with the spark advance.
That was my thinking as well. It's not that you are actually gaining all the power.
It just stops you from loosing power when the ECU pulls lots of timing. I believe all cars pull quite a bit of timing when they detect knock.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL230 / 2006 Saab 9-3
Cool Smoke and mirrors -

Originally Posted by fallen
OK, downloaded the app and, according to the calculator, to achieve 93 octane on a 14 gallon gas tank one needs 0.5 quart of boostane...
But wait! EXACTLY the same amount is required to achieve 95 octane!

Not only it's expensive for the daily use, but also smells of BS...
Like many sellers, this seller is not actually untruthful with his claim of "30HP Gains" . What many seem to miss and not ask is what is the percentage expected power increase. For example 30HP gain on a modifies 750HP engine would be reasonable BUT 30HP gain on a 500HP engine would be very doubtful.

Last edited by konstaner; 01-01-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
lol chill Gaspam, were just talking about octane of gas. Not world politics

Off to watch the Twilight Zone marathon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested