Sponsored by:

Dynamic Stability Control Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by zcct04
I guess we all march to different drummers, and it's great that you've got something you like, but I abhor these things. If I had a Civic or something else with no power, a throttle that works like an on/off switch might be exactly what the right thing to have. For me, with all the power we've got, the ability to accurately modulate it becomes far more important. I want a pedal response that allows me to control, with some degree of precision, the amount of thrust this thing has. A perfectly linear relationship between the gas pedal and the throttle body is ideal. I can't image being able to track any car where the first 20% of the throttle travel gives you 90% power, and the remaining travel makes almost no difference at all.

But hey, it makes you happy, and I can't argue with that.
Agreed if the switch is in race mode or red, green I think makes the car a little Perkier on the pick up which is ideal in my case as a daily driver. Actually, reason I bought it was to simulate the upgrade throttle pulley I installed in my civic back in the day...was great on short burst sprints..works same way for me...the unit again can be switched off in you track it but works well for me at least in street use.

Overall thank you thought for you input. Let's see if they can find the same code you saw...your description of the issue is on point except for the cel which I didn't get at all. Much appreciated
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Whooooaaaa whooooaaaa let's calm down a bit BLKROKT. Not trying to convince you or anyone else what I like or use is the do all end all. Never tried tried sales pitching it, just like mine and what it has done.

I take it back, I have no problem stating the name. I just didn't want to create any conflicts, whatever they may be.

I installed Pedalbox.
http://www.pedalbox.com/en/home/

I can't get enough of the cars response and I don't want or need a tune.

I read all about it, asked tuners and vendors and people that have used it for years before purchasing mine.

Welcome and enjoy. Unless you have hard tests and facts on the unit 'being garbage" don't go blanketing it with that.
Didn't mean to bust your ***** on this dude. I was just typing out a quick response while driving no intent there. I had just heard like others that they were like an on/off switch and was wondering why you liked yours etc.

Thx
Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Update:

Ok, mb tech pulled internal codes which were stored. Bottom line in his description is that both front wheel sensors detected slippage and tranny adjusted torque to correct it...the tranny compensation caused the DSC message to trigger no then limp mode. Basically my car thought it was doing a wheelie...lol....he says it's just a weird glitch and happens sometimes.

He mentioned working on a supercharged black series with a similar issue. Stored codes and scans for him showed that engine was running at 18k rpm and 600ftlb torque. Just a weird item.

Anyway, everything cleared and so far no issues. Throttle sensor and pedal were fine...including my super sprint booster...
Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Glad to hear it. Sometimes, like anything with a computer...it just needs a reboot.