C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone else experience this - presets stopped working on XM only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bus
Anyone else experience this - presets stopped working on XM only

Random one today - was driving along listening XM and selected another preset on the pad but it didn't change, so I selected another and it wouldn't change to that one either. I swapped over to FM and presets worked fine. Went back to XM and still couldn't change the channel (music was playing fine). I went and viewed the presets using the dial but selecting via the dial wouldn't change the channel and I couldn't manually increment the channel either. All other bands and bluetooth all worked fine.

I turned the car off real quickly and restarted with no change in behavior. At that point I gave up and went into the store, when I came back out all was normal.

I know computers need to be cycled sometimes and my initial on/off probably wasnt enough for everything to fully shut down/go to sleep, but just curious if anyone else has encountered this and if it got worse or if it's just "one of those things"

... oh yeah, car is a 2013 with multimedia package.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I know mine needed to update channels from time to time when I had XM. Maybe yours just needed to update. Takes a while at times and more a problem with XM than command as far as I know.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM

The Bus
Originally Posted by Mort
I know mine needed to update channels from time to time when I had XM. Maybe yours just needed to update. Takes a while at times and more a problem with XM than command as far as I know.
Thanks, I'll see if it happens again

When it happened I immediately questioned if my subscription ran out or if there was an XM service issue - also immediately foresaw finger pointing... oh, its a problem with XM... no problem here, problem with your car...
Old 08-04-2016, 09:03 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Had that issue with mine as well, its updating and doesn't tell you....
Old 08-05-2016, 10:41 AM

The Bus
Originally Posted by wolfnnc
Had that issue with mine as well, its updating and doesn't tell you....
Thanks! Interestingly enough the same thing happened yesterday except it said "updating channels" this time. It's all good