C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by VIPERRACING
Oooooo if you actually took the time to read you would get your answer to your question
My apologies, I was looking for "used" and you dropped in 2nd owner.

I read ghud.

Anyway, I would just work with OE and see what they come up with but I wouldn't be surprised if you tuned over a tune.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:06 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BEETS
There's a such thing as a TCU tune for our cars? I've been reading and couldn't find anything about that
oh...forgot to mention...TCU tune for the non-MCT 722.9 transmission. I have a W211 E63. I'd reach out to them to see if they offer anything for the MCT 722.9 transmission. TCU tunes require live programming though, so you'd need to bring your car in.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-23-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
I have contacted them with my issues and they told me to put the car on the dyno which I don't have access to me in my area but they did send me another tune which seems to be doing the same....nothing. I'm in no way bashing them but they should also keep an open mind that all of their customers are not dumb and should be able to tell if the tune has done anything for performance. I went from tire smoking in 1st & 2nd to absolutely nothing at all. They told me that first tune they sent had the throttle bodies set to aggressively and that's why it was shutting the car down and the latest tune feels slower then the factory tune which I have complained to them about it and all they could come up with was put it on a dyno. I even asked for a refund and they said that it was pass their return policy. Lol return policy?? Hell you would think for what they charge that they would stand by their product for life. The problem is very simple....the tune made my car way slower then stock and that's not exceptable.

Put your 'original tune' back on and see what happens.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 amg coupe
Im waiting to hear back from Rocco from oe tunes. Will keep you all updated.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Im waiting to hear back from Rocco from oe tunes. Will keep you all updated.
If we can get CAN logs/Dynos and supporting data we will gladly help you through this. Please contact us directly and we can explain how this process works and the steps to take to get accurate data.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:23 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
There must be a dyno somewhere near you.
Run the car as it is on the dyno. Then load the stock file back, and run it on the dyno.
That will tell you straight away what the difference is between the tunes.
Send the graphs to OE, and I'm sure they will help you out.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:26 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
If we can get CAN logs/Dynos and supporting data we will gladly help you through this. Please contact us directly and we can explain how this process works and the steps to take to get accurate data.
Are you guys serious? I just spoke to Rocco last night, which he said he would call me right back after getting a hold of the owner(Jeremy)since he couldn't answer any of my questions and kept telling me that we already refunded you(which I had to explain to him several times that he has thinking of another customer and that wasn't me that you refunded), so Rocco told me that he was contacting Jeremy(which seems to be the response I always get when I call you guys because I can never get an answer from him) and would get right back to me which he never did to no surprise . I think it would be much easier if the owner would just call me so that we can get this resolved. I also asked him if the controller is capable of data logging which he said no because I don't have access to a dyno.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:42 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
There must be a dyno somewhere near you.
Run the car as it is on the dyno. Then load the stock file back, and run it on the dyno.
That will tell you straight away what the difference is between the tunes.
Send the graphs to OE, and I'm sure they will help you out.
you don't have to be a scientist to know if the car picked up power or loss power which my car did. I don't need a dyno to tell me that the car is down on power being that the car won't even turn the tires over from a roll in 1st or 2nd gear which it used to do even after the adaptive learn took over. I own several high end high horsepower cars and Know that something is not correct with the tune, which Rocco of oe tunes even admitted that they have had several cars that their tunes didn't work on for some odd reason which I explained that I totally understand that but what is the fix for it which he didn't have an answer for. IF there isn't a fix and if its a guessing game then refund me already and call it a day. I even told him that I would upload the 100 octane map if he thought that it would be safe to run on 93 octane which he "thought" would be fine but it wouldn't make the power that it should until I put in 100 octane but I was waiting to hear back from him because I don't want to end up with having to buy a new engine because he "thought" It might be fine. I asked him what the difference in timing between the 2 tunes were & if the car had knock sensors so that incase I do test the 100 octane tune on 93 that it would save the motor if hears any knock, but of course he didn't know.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-24-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Just put it on a dyno. Do the 2 pulls and see what is going on. The added benefit is you can then calibrate your butt dyno.

I do seem to remember a member that couldn't get the tune to take on his car and had to send his ECU to Eurocharge to work properly.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
It won't take a scientist to tell if the car picked up or lost power but dyno numbers are one of the ways to prove if the car picked or lost power after all. Its really difficult to just say the car didn't make power and to get a refund. Everyone would have done it if thats the case (get a tune, say it didn't work, then get a refund). You also have to understand the vendor's position.

Spinning at 1st gear or 2nd doesn't mean the car lost power. Have you tried flashing the car back to stock ECU tune and tried to "spin" your tiers at first gear?

Do you have a data logging tool like the KIWI PLX? You can monitor the data I think from your phone and see the logs.

If not, do you have access to a track since you can't get on a dyno at all? I guess one way would be to run the car on quarter mile with stock and tuned mapping a few times to see your numbers and compare them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ali
Old 08-24-2016, 06:09 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by glennhl
Just put it on a dyno. Do the 2 pulls and see what is going on. The added benefit is you can then calibrate your butt dyno.

I do seem to remember a member that couldn't get the tune to take on his car and had to send his ECU to Eurocharge to work properly.
They had to send me a revised tune when I first received the tuner because they said that the had the tb set to aggressively which was causing the car to close the tb down. I uploaded the new tune and the car never reacted the way it should have. Its sluggish and WILL NOT turn the tires over unless I brake torque them which I don't do. Even with the factory tune after the adaptive learn slows everything down the car would still shred the tires off from a 1st or even 2nd gear roll. I totally understand what your saying about the dyno but there isn't any need for me to waste my time or money for the dyno to tell me that the car lost power being that I spent the money with, who I thought had the baddest tunes out for these cars. I would expect them to know the cars in & out incase they do run into these problems,(which they have seen these problems) so that they know how to take care of it and have a fix for it. After all thats the service that we are paying them for. I could easily do a relearn reset and pickup and easy 7-10hp on any dyno but after a few miles the car will just go back to being sluggish. When someone advertises that their product will pick up 80+hp then I would expect a huge difference not a slower car. Im actually very realistic even if they advertise the car to pickup 80+hp I myself would expect a +/- in hp depending on fuel and conditions but damn the car should still be a different animal PERIOD.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:12 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by xKryptonite
It won't take a scientist to tell if the car picked up or lost power but dyno numbers are one of the ways to prove if the car picked or lost power after all. Its really difficult to just say the car didn't make power and to get a refund. Everyone would have done it if thats the case (get a tune, say it didn't work, then get a refund). You also have to understand the vendor's position.

Spinning at 1st gear or 2nd doesn't mean the car lost power. Have you tried flashing the car back to stock ECU tune and tried to "spin" your tiers at first gear?

Do you have a data logging tool like the KIWI PLX? You can monitor the data I think from your phone and see the logs.

If not, do you have access to a track since you can't get on a dyno at all? I guess one way would be to run the car on quarter mile with stock and tuned mapping a few times to see your numbers and compare them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ali
Trust me, the tune did nothing to the car but slow it down. Rocco even told me that they have had several cars that this has happen too so why would they not believe me(being that I knew nothing about the other cars having the same problems that Im having until he mentioned it to me) and whats the fix? Its real simple, Send me a fix(which they should know whats causing the problem being that they have had other cars do this) or refund me my money period. I haven't given up hope yet and Im being beyond patient being that Im still waiting on a call back that I still haven't received to see if its ok to test out the 100 octane tune on 93 pump and what the actually difference in timing is between the 2 tunes are.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-24-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
It's a dangerous thing to believe all of the advertised numbers in the automotive industry.

Do you still have the MyGenius handheld? If so, there are other companies who may be able to work with you and use that device as well which will save you some extra cost if you end up having to cut your losses and go a different route.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:28 PM

2011 C63
At least put your stock tune back on and report back that it will again roast your tires.

I also have an OE tune, got it a couple of years ago. I could not spin the tires with the stock tune, but certainly could after the OE tune. It felt great to me, so I chose not to do the before and after dyno pulls, I was just so darn happy with the tune. I did go out to Firebird after the tune and ran some very good numbers given that the DA was over 6000 feet.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
At least put your stock tune back on and report back that it will again roast your tires.

I also have an OE tune, got it a couple of years ago. I could not spin the tires with the stock tune, but certainly could after the OE tune. It felt great to me, so I chose not to do the before and after dyno pulls, I was just so darn happy with the tune. I did go out to Firebird after the tune and ran some very good numbers given that the DA was over 6000 feet.
Again, it's one of those crazy things where the outcomes are completely opposite. Either absolutely satisfied or absolutely dissatisfied.

OE seems to have a great product when things go smoothly. It also appears that those who have trouble with them are extremely limited in number especially compared to those who have good experiences.

And unfortunately I bet we'll never know what went wrong.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:34 PM

Mercedes AMG's
im sorry but if your car is chirping the tires ...the traction/tires suck ..my current c63 chirped tires until an after market diff was placed in and now it hooks up all the time ...im not sure about you guys but hooking up > chirping the tires in "3rd"

Its summer time, your car won't be making as much power anyways due to temps
Old 08-24-2016, 06:37 PM

2011 C63
But the most incriminating statement to me was when OE said the TB could be opening too fast. Sounds like they made a change to the tune that did not work. I'd ask for a new tune going back to one that works.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
But the most incriminating statement to me was when OE said the TB could be opening too fast. Sounds like they made a change to the tune that did not work. I'd ask for a new tune going back to one that works.
I would for sure revert to something that I knew worked and was good for the car while I figured it out, even if that meant having less power. And I'm still not totally convinced this car wasn't tuned before which is why it responded the way it did.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:40 PM

Mercedes AMG's
but what works for one car may not work for another which is why a custom tune is better then these off the shelf tunes
Old 08-24-2016, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by worldofcars
but what works for one car may not work for another which is why a custom tune is better then these off the shelf tunes
Which is what I think the car had on it from the original owner and was just tuned over.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:42 PM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I would for sure revert to something that I knew worked and was good for the car while I figured it out, even if that meant having less power. And I'm still not totally convinced this car wasn't tuned before which is why it responded the way it did.
I also wonder if it already had a tune. But OE would know this because, if I remember correctly, you download your stock tune and send it to them. If OE noticed a non-stock tune on the car, then they need to speak up. If they didn't I'd be really upset with them. OE, what's going on?
Old 08-24-2016, 06:45 PM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by worldofcars
I'd take a custom tune over a can tune any day. It was easy with my 2001 Z28 and 2006 Vette, there was a great tuner here in town. I bought HPtuners and we met at a local dyno. He even adjusted the tune when I noticed timing being pulled because of the crappy 91 octane gas we have in Arizona. But canned tunes do work, I'm very happy with mine. And I think if you go make some runs and send Jeremy the data, he'll make adjustments for you.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I also wonder if it already had a tune. But OE would know this because, if I remember correctly, you download your stock tune and send it to them. If OE noticed a non-stock tune on the car, then they need to speak up. If they didn't I'd be really upset with them. OE, what's going on?
That's an interesting point.

Perhaps, and this is seriously just spit-balling conspiracy theory type talk here, but what if... What if OE saw that the car already had a tune but still tried to tweak it to be more aggressive and it actually ended up leading to these problems. As in, maybe they tried to make it so he felt a change in the butt dyno and would be satisfied and they'd still have their money and no worry of someone coming after a refund.

Hence the TB explanation...
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Mercedes AMG's
I'd take a custom tune over a can tune any day. It was easy with my 2001 Z28 and 2006 Vette, there was a great tuner here in town. I bought HPtuners and we met at a local dyno. He even adjusted the tune when I noticed timing being pulled because of the crappy 91 octane gas we have in Arizona. But canned tunes do work, I'm very happy with mine. And I think if you go make some runs and send Jeremy the data, he'll make adjustments for you.
you can still do that with the c63 ..that's how my c63 was tuned 5-6 years ago, sat there on the dyno for the day and sent files back and forth to see what one was the best ..it's well worth it but yeah can tunes do the job for something simple and quick ..plus the hand held is nice

the car won't even let you overwrite another tune file ..not to sure what you guys mean? i've tried a few times to update my custom one and it always forces me to write back to original before re-adding the tune but mine is done through an android app so maybe that's why
Old 08-24-2016, 06:58 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Thank you everyone for your inputs they are truly appreciated. The cars factory tune was verified that it was stock because I personally asked them to check the tune to make sure that nothing has been change from the factory specs because the car felt oddly fast but being that its my first c63 I wasn't sure if thats the way these cars felt in stock form and they confirmed that it was all stock(so they say) which made me pretty excited to see what it would do after the tune but we all know how that outcome turned out.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-24-2016 at 07:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?