Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Camera Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by Alex.currie44
So when I shutdown after fiddling last night everything seemed to be OK in DVRC but when the car was started today there was no rear camera even though everything regarding its operation was as it was before I started. I had to go back in and reset the SRVC and it seems ok now.
What I did notice in on an online post was the line in the HU menu shows "guidelines" behind the SVRC Mine does not show that so I suspect it is not in there and that is why it was unsuccessful or I am missing something critical.
The settings don't take effect until the system fully shuts down, not when you change them, so usually the car needs to sit for a while or you need to hard reboot command. As for the settings, SRVC means Standard Rear View Camera, DRVCmeans drivers side rear view camera, DRVC-PSV means drivers side rear view camera - passengers side view which I assume means some cars have dual cameras or cameras in the rear view mirror housings and that would choose those.

FL cars don't have the static lines option at all it seems, there is no choice for it in that menu that appears to work to get the lines unless it is in another menu I have not found.

Rob
Old 02-03-2017, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Thought it was.

Dynamic Reverse Video Camera
Static Reverse Video Camera

I forget where I read that but it wasn't an official document though. Can't seem to find anything official.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
You made that up
Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Thought it was.

Dynamic Reverse Video Camera
Static Reverse Video Camera

I forget where I read that but it wasn't an official document though. Can't seem to find anything official.
Logic says this is what it means. Merecedes has issues installing cameras on cars that have them ordered these days so two cameras would be a stretch for them.
Either way there is no reference to guide line when it comes to rear camera so I think Rob is right.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C250 Coupe
Ok I got into the menu and had these choices

SRVC (this was chosen)
DRVM
DRVM-PSC
RVC2.0
RVC2.0-PSC
SVS

I chose DRVM and saved and turned off the car and got out.

The next time I got in, the reverse camera did not even come on when putting into reverse.
I will try the others next

RVC = Reverse Camera? what would the PSC be for? the 2.0?