C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking To Buy A C63 AMG - Things To Look Out For & Must Haves? Will Also SuperCharge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Claims to have researched C63s and this forum, but asks about hp variations lol.
The stupid "i AM supercharging it" before ever driving, or even knowing the stock power numbers first is a dead give away you do not know what you would actually be into money wise. Also, you mentioned the damn sound system in the same post with "buying" and "supercharging" .....
GAURANTEE OP IS A YOUNGSTER DAY DREAMING. Dont worry, we all did it, just be realistic when you post. If you really want an AMG get a C55 or something you will be able to afford and not have a huge monthly payment before you even know your yearly salary.
The following users liked this post:
SuperFastYo (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 288 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Why supercharge an engine which is renown for being NATURALLY ASPIRATED?! Especially if you are intent on preserving it and handing it down to your kids.

with your budget, you can get almost brand new 507.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by AMGC
Claims to have researched C63s and this forum, but asks about hp variations lol.
The stupid "i AM supercharging it" before ever driving, or even knowing the stock power numbers first is a dead give away you do not know what you would actually be into money wise. Also, you mentioned the damn sound system in the same post with "buying" and "supercharging" .....
GAURANTEE OP IS A YOUNGSTER DAY DREAMING. Dont worry, we all did it, just be realistic when you post. If you really want an AMG get a C55 or something you will be able to afford and not have a huge monthly payment before you even know your yearly salary.

As I said, sometimes its information overload.

Some people say, don't worry about variations and then you read something else and it says it does matter, that its just HP Tune and then somewhere else it says internals are slightly different, to are different, and then you dont want to spend THAT much money and then find out you bought the wrong version...

Plus, I have never known a forum group to be so rude and dismissive as this one tbh, I understand there is a search function, I did try and use it but unfortunately, I wanted a few basic questions answering, didn't realise it would be so difficult for people to contribute rather than just be nasty?

If its been answered a million times before, copy and paste?

If someone comes to me for help, I can easily summarise / bullet point answers or go in depth if they need to on a topic I might know about.

And those that did post something positive / informative, thank you!

Wanted to understand if its worth hunting down the 481 / 507 variations of the car or just going for the standard one.

Yes, the sound system is very important to me, I travel on the motoway A LOT - so 3-4 hours of driving and what will I have? Music of course and if its worth having the upgraded sound system then yes, its important...

And yes, the LSD can be added after but is it a relatively inexpensive and easy process or not?

Don't claim to be a genuis when it comes to modifications which is why I try to research and put my faith in reputable places to do the work.

Having owned BMW's for the last 10 years, I can say I know details about variations in engines, trims and what options might add to the experience.

Came here for some answers but guess you guys aren't that type, shame!

Will definitely carry on and hopefully find the right C63 before Christmas, I've known friends to go on a whim and splash out on cars and then regret it, I choose the route of making sure I get it right first time..

Nice to see everyone start judging someone they don't know - I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to get information for no reason whatsoever - I have a lovely BMW 330i Convertible, very good power, rear-wheel drive fun. Done some mods to it. Performance Air Intake. Better Manifold. Full Stainless Steel Exhaust. Performance Remap. Some Exterior lighting mods and different aftermarket bumpers. Subtle changes that make a difference.

Now I want something a step above, for the money, I can't see anything bettering a C63. Saved up and thats what I will be purchasing in the next few weeks but I will hold out until the right one is up for sale.

Then, spring time, go for the supercharger package, then its a car pretty much with power to bring a smile to anyone's face for years to come.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 288 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
I think your money is best spent to buy one with the LSD already factory installed. Since you seem set on supercharging (a mistake, IMO), then just get a base C63, without the P engine output packages, and you'll have more leftover for mods.
Not sure if you can find a non P31 with an LSD though. Depends on your region and how they came equipped.

Keep in mind the car was significantly redesigned in MY2012 (or 2013?) - suspension, steering, and interior.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 c63
If you are decided on getting it supercharged, then you should figure out which kit are you going to go for and how much power you want to push. If you are looking anything beyond a weistec stage 1, I do strongly recommend getting one with the p31 package as it has forged internals. Not necessary, but better safe than sorry. I didn't go for the p31, but nor did I know I was going to SC my car.

Also, you might find yourself spending a lot more on mods to complement the SC, depending on how you drive, if you plan to track and whatnot. Because don't expect to go anywhere in 1st after getting one, unless you are also getting a wide body kit. Just my 2c.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Surge
I think your money is best spent to buy one with the LSD already factory installed. Since you seem set on supercharging (a mistake, IMO), then just get a base C63, without the P engine output packages, and you'll have more leftover for mods.
Not sure if you can find a non P31 with an LSD though. Depends on your region and how they came equipped.

Keep in mind the car was significantly redesigned in MY2012 (or 2013?) - suspension, steering, and interior.

Good luck!
Wait, what? Interior redesign yes, but FL got different suspension and steering?

I'm not trolling so everyone chill. First time I'm hearing of this actually.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Wait, what? Interior redesign yes, but FL got different suspension and steering?

I'm not trolling so everyone chill. First time I'm hearing of this actually.
Yeah, the FL suspension was retuned a little. I've never ridden in one but I've heard they are slightly more comfortable. Not sure if that's a result of different dampers or spring rates or geometry or a combination of those things. I had not heard the steering part.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 394 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Steering is the same. I say this based on feel.
Ride is a little plusher, but not dramatically different. Not enough of a difference there that I could be bothered to track down what the cause is.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Calm down Xerox. If you are set on getting stage 3 blower than yes get a p31 package period. That package also includes the lsd.

If you can't get a p31 don't worry get stage 2 blower and you can fit an aftermarket lsd for $2200. It's not hard at all. Anything can be done with money.

Last edited by Mag1c Carp3t; 12-03-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Keep in mind that if you do a weistec stage 3, you will likely need more than just the blower. I can't remember but I think above stage 2, even with the MCT, you need a built trans. Additionally, this doesn't include headers or any other mods. I'd say you might need more buffer built into your budget for a blower.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:38 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Yeah I would assume he knows this if not than OP save at least $25k for mods if you want to go stage 3.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:44 AM

2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by Cli63
If you are decided on getting it supercharged, then you should figure out which kit are you going to go for and how much power you want to push. If you are looking anything beyond a weistec stage 1, I do strongly recommend getting one with the p31 package as it has forged internals. Not necessary, but better safe than sorry. I didn't go for the p31, but nor did I know I was going to SC my car.

Also, you might find yourself spending a lot more on mods to complement the SC, depending on how you drive, if you plan to track and whatnot. Because don't expect to go anywhere in 1st after getting one, unless you are also getting a wide body kit. Just my 2c.

Strange, so far haven't seen any P31 for sale, seen the 507 and BS, any visual clues to the P31?

Makes sense with the forged internals though!
Old 12-04-2016, 07:46 AM

2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
Yeah I would assume he knows this if not than OP save at least $25k for mods if you want to go stage 3.
I roughly have that much saved up for the mods!

I can always extend onto credit cards if needs be but I'm hoping I have budgeted well and can get it done with the cash i have saved.

Stage 3 is the one I want too.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:47 AM

2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Keep in mind that if you do a weistec stage 3, you will likely need more than just the blower. I can't remember but I think above stage 2, even with the MCT, you need a built trans. Additionally, this doesn't include headers or any other mods. I'd say you might need more buffer built into your budget for a blower.
Yes, so far, £10k for the supercharger and another £5k set aside for anything else that needs to be done additionally.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Uh huh

I'd have enough to buy a C63 if you gave me a dollar for every guy who came on here saying "OMG I love the C63 it's soo cool Imma get one someday when I save enough and then Imma gonna make it the bestest and mostest fastest one in the whole world and Imma gonna get wheelz and sum carbon fiber and then maybe like 2 superchargers and retrofit electric motorz too so I'll be environmental and then did I mention Imma gonna get MAD WHEELZ YO it's gonna be soo cuel and what should I do first maybe I should get my SUPERCHARGERZZZZZ first because IMMA GONN GET THE CAR I PROMISE but what size should I get should I get WEISTEC to make me a custom on so I'M THE MOSTEST FASTESTEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD and it's gonna be AWESOME."

99% chance you go away just like the rest. I think SuperFastYo has been the only guy to buck that trend recently.

And this "saving up" thing. That's great, but most used AMG buyers have no idea what it costs to actually run and maintain one correctly. Someone said it above that you should save $25k just for mods if you'll s/c it, and I would go as far as to say you should have $5-10k more on top of that per year for consumables and cushion if anything goes wrong. I just don't think you have a clue what kind of pockets this little dream of yours is going to take, but go ahead and keep dreaming. I doubt your post count goes much higher than it is now. Good luck.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 12-04-2016 at 08:23 AM.
SuperFastYo (12-06-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 08:48 AM

2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Uh huh

I'd have enough to buy a C63 if you gave me a dollar for every guy who came on here saying "OMG I love the C63 it's soo cool Imma get one someday when I save enough and then Imma gonna make it the bestest and mostest fastest one in the whole world and Imma gonna get wheelz and sum carbon fiber and then maybe like 2 superchargers and retrofit electric motorz too so I'll be environmental and then did I mention Imma gonna get MAD WHEELZ YO it's gonna be soo cuel and what should I do first maybe I should get my SUPERCHARGERZZZZZ first because IMMA GONN GET THE CAR I PROMISE but what size should I get should I get WEISTEC to make me a custom on so I'M THE MOSTEST FASTESTEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD and it's gonna be AWESOME."

99% chance you go away just like the rest. I think SuperFastYo has been the only guy to buck that trend recently.

And this "saving up" thing. That's great, but most used AMG buyers have no idea what it costs to actually run and maintain one correctly. Someone said it above that you should save $25k just for mods if you'll s/c it, and I would go as far as to say you should have $5-10k more on top of that per year for consumables and cushion if anything goes wrong. I just don't think you have a clue what kind of pockets this little dream of yours is going to take, but go ahead and keep dreaming. I doubt your post count goes much higher than it is now. Good luck.
Nice,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post, you've clearly contributed so much and you of course know my financial position and current job status and my ability to save up for something I really want?

Like I've said, I have had 10 years owning BMW's, New and Used. I am fully aware of up keep costs, unexpected repairs and what not.

The C63 will not be a car i drive everyday, pointless sitting in traffic every morning and evening just coming to and from work.

It is a car for Spring/Summer time here in the UK, one I will enjoy around a track with a few friends or taking it abroad in the EU, specifically, but not limited to, Germany - I tend to go once or twice every summer.

But if you want to believe otherwise, that I am just coming here to make stuff up, then fair enough, believe that. I am not sitting here saying I am ready to drop £250k or something, we are talking about £50-60K, which for a high performance car, is still on the bottom end...
Old 12-04-2016, 10:20 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by Xero63
But if you want to believe otherwise, that I am just coming here to make stuff up, then fair enough, believe that. I am not sitting here saying I am ready to drop £250k or something, we are talking about £50-60K, which for a high performance car, is still on the bottom end...
Enough of this i can afford it ive had bmws forever crap no one cares and that i why you keep getting harsh responses. Buy the car, post some pics, and join the club.

You are not the first (or second) new poster to want to a buy a C63 with plans to immediately drop another 20K supercharging it. Never saw any posts again from those people.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:11 AM

2009 BMW E93 330i
Originally Posted by realjones88
Enough of this i can afford it ive had bmws forever crap no one cares and that i why you keep getting harsh responses. Buy the car, post some pics, and join the club.

You are not the first (or second) new poster to want to a buy a C63 with plans to immediately drop another 20K supercharging it. Never saw any posts again from those people.

With responses like yours, no wonder...

The way you put it, its like I am planning on buying a LaFerarri or something...
Old 12-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon
With responses like yours, no wonder...

The way you put it, its like I am planning on buying a LaFerarri or something...
I brought a p30 uk spec c63 fl saloon for 29k with 44k on the clock a couple months ago it also came with the factory lsd and a few other specs
They are out there but you have to wait like I did and I brought it within 4 hours of being advertised
Saying this they seem to have risen in price so expect to pay around this for a similar car or slightly more
There is a car very similar to mine for sale with less specs at 32k
I've had mine remapped and downpipes with sports cats and there is little competition on the road with this set up
Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 PM

2009 C63 AMG
BLKROKT is right though. This car if bought used can potentially depress you if things go wrong. I've spent $6k of repairs within the first year of taking ownership of this car used. Stuff can and will happen eventually. Luckily you've chosen to go Facelift that'll save you another $3k-5k in repairs.
SuperFastYo (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 09:31 AM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Uh huh

Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
BLKROKT is right though. This car if bought used can potentially depress you if things go wrong. I've spent $6k of repairs within the first year of taking ownership of this car used. Stuff can and will happen eventually. Luckily you've chosen to go Facelift that'll save you another $3k-5k in repairs.
Agreed. This car is the first car I have genuinely been in fear of. It's a rocket on 4 wheels, which scares the crap out of you. And then you have the headbolt issue that is like the Grim Reaper and can come for you at any time. And then just cost of regular maintenance and aftermarket parts AMG tax. If I could do it again I would shoot for a facelift, it's the only way to help you sleep at night a bit easier lol
Old 12-06-2016, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
- I have a lovely BMW 330i Convertible,
Lol, makes sense.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:19 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Thumbs up

BLKROKT is my best friend.
Good to know.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
LOL