Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit in Parking Lot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 C63 P31 coupe
I wouldn't rub or polish anymore on it. A good spangler can get it to look perfect but he needs some clear left in case there is a high spot he can scuff and polish to get it out. If it's down to basecoat then quarter will have to be painted.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Quick Update:
Just picked the car up at the body shop and it looks fantastic. You'd never even know anything happened. I mean, thats the point, but still, it makes me happy. No panels were replaced, only massaged, straightened and repainted. All said and done the work was around $2200, much more than the original $700 estimate.

From my understanding it is an insurance company tactic so that the insured just take the initial money that the insurance company sends them, and never pursues further work, in the end saving the insurance company money. Annoying, but is what it is.

Picked the car up, drove it immediately to the dealer to diagnose a check engine light and a mysterious oil leak and disappearing power steering fluid. I have a feeling i know what comes next, but want MB to tell me whats what and handle the warranty work. Hoping it is quick and painless, but with my recent string of luck, that would be too easy.

Updates to come soon, followed hopefully by the fun stuff; pictures of the installed goodies I have been stockpiling waiting for spring
Old 01-20-2017, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 693 Likes on 472 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by Klepsta
Quick Update:
Just picked the car up at the body shop and it looks fantastic. You'd never even know anything happened. I mean, thats the point, but still, it makes me happy. No panels were replaced, only massaged, straightened and repainted. All said and done the work was around $2200, much more than the original $700 estimate.

From my understanding it is an insurance company tactic so that the insured just take the initial money that the insurance company sends them, and never pursues further work, in the end saving the insurance company money. Annoying, but is what it is.

Picked the car up, drove it immediately to the dealer to diagnose a check engine light and a mysterious oil leak and disappearing power steering fluid. I have a feeling i know what comes next, but want MB to tell me whats what and handle the warranty work. Hoping it is quick and painless, but with my recent string of luck, that would be too easy.

Updates to come soon, followed hopefully by the fun stuff; pictures of the installed goodies I have been stockpiling waiting for spring
Good news and yes, the lowball is definitely an insurance tactic hoping you take it and don't fix - never had anything fixed that was not 2x or more than the quote!
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Good news and yes, the lowball is definitely an insurance tactic hoping you take it and don't fix - never had anything fixed that was not 2x or more than the quote!
Exactly. $700 to fix that is lolololol would've never happened.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 693 Likes on 472 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Exactly. $700 to fix that is lolololol would've never happened.
Painting a perfect panel would be that much with no repair work!
Old 01-20-2017, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Painting a perfect panel would be that much with no repair work!
Exactly. Body work is very pricey.