C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by CaptnCharisma
Yes, one of the ported mercedes injectors. Pretty much the same as the ones I pulled out. Shortly after that I started seeing posts of people with that old style injector having misfires around the same mileage I had. I guess mercedes has gone through a few different versions of it. I don't really fault the kit. I could have kept my stock injectors and ran about the same risk. I have now swapped them all out with the Bosch injectors.

Here's an example of a few of the variations of the M156 Injectors. I have replaced MANY Q2's and a few Q3's... About a dozen hydrolocked engines... but usually just have to replace the injector(s), clear the cylinder, change the oil and have a nice day... They are up to Q5 and I don't know of any failures on those.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by skratch77
I thought the kit gives you updated brand new injectors? I don't know I was going to pull the trigger but I'm staying away from e85 now.

Does there Warranty cover the cost to rebuild?
Kit comes with Brand new Bosch 550cc injectors. If you are running Q2,Q3, possibly even Q4 (as they made yet another revision) you are at risk of an injector locking opened, all of the ones I have dealt with have been on unmodified cars, running unleaded fuel.

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 273 Posts
2005 E55
I'll check tomorrow what revision I have but I thought he got brand new injectors with his kit? Are you guys porting old injectors that people are sending in and re selling them with the kit?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by skratch77
I'll check tomorrow what revision I have but I thought he got brand new injectors with his kit? Are you guys porting old injectors that people are sending in and re selling them with the kit?

No - ALL kits now come with the brand new injectors... He did have a set of ported injectors.

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-21-2017, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,822 Likes on 1,669 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast

hi dave
Old 10-21-2017, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 146 Likes on 111 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
I don't hold Eurocharged at fault at all. If anything I made a huge error that day from what I thought my misfiring was caused by a bad spark plug for whatever reason and thought I fixed it and then proceeded to drive on it the rest of the day as I got ready for a road rally. If I could I would actually hold Mercedes accountable for not recalling the old style injectors but no way would I win that battle being out of warranty and mods all over my car. I ****ed up and should have noticed that my engine oil had 2 gallons of E85 in it and was probably pre detonating whenever the engine got hot enough or at WOT. Expensive mistake, lesson learned. The silver lining was that I was going to open up the engine anyways to do the head bolts so this kinda hurried it along.
that makes me worry seeing as I as well have the ported injectors instead of the Bosch. Did your car throw a code for injector issue?
Old 10-22-2017, 05:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2010 C63 AMG Development Package
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
that makes me worry seeing as I as well have the ported injectors instead of the Bosch. Did your car throw a code for injector issue?
Yes. I was rushing though and didn't take the time to understand everything I was seeing. While commuting home I got on it a little and then the car started shaking while the check engine light came on. Only had to drive it one more mile. Code said cylinder 7 misfire. Pulled the spark plug and it just looked unevenly worn. Put a spare spark plug in, cleared the code, then started the car. The car had to turn over a lot before it would start. Drove 2 hours to my parents house where I was going to stay the night so I could go to my rally the next day and didn't have any issues during that drive. That night it started up fine but on the highway I got into it with a Mustang so when I finally stomped on it I blew him away but as soon as I let off the gas the check engine light comes back on and is flashing this time along with the car shaking even more violently. Manage to get it home, read the codes, multiple misfires on 3 different cylinders along with number 7. I think this time the other cylinders misfired due to the gas diluted oil burning off at wide open throttle. I try turning the car over to see if it will start again which it does up until it stops on its own as if the starter ran out of power. Tried to turn it over with a wrench the next day and it wouldn't budge.
If I had checked my oil or hooked up the computer to the car to read pressures I would of seen that I was just dumping gas into the intake and eventually going to the oil pan whenever I had the car on but engine off. Expensive lesson but I am getting off easy since I can do the repair myself and I was going to do the head bolts anyways. Just had to spend 1k to get a new rod and piston.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 146 Likes on 111 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Yes. I was rushing though and didn't take the time to understand everything I was seeing. While commuting home I got on it a little and then the car started shaking while the check engine light came on. Only had to drive it one more mile. Code said cylinder 7 misfire. Pulled the spark plug and it just looked unevenly worn. Put a spare spark plug in, cleared the code, then started the car. The car had to turn over a lot before it would start. Drove 2 hours to my parents house where I was going to stay the night so I could go to my rally the next day and didn't have any issues during that drive. That night it started up fine but on the highway I got into it with a Mustang so when I finally stomped on it I blew him away but as soon as I let off the gas the check engine light comes back on and is flashing this time along with the car shaking even more violently. Manage to get it home, read the codes, multiple misfires on 3 different cylinders along with number 7. I think this time the other cylinders misfired due to the gas diluted oil burning off at wide open throttle. I try turning the car over to see if it will start again which it does up until it stops on its own as if the starter ran out of power. Tried to turn it over with a wrench the next day and it wouldn't budge.
If I had checked my oil or hooked up the computer to the car to read pressures I would of seen that I was just dumping gas into the intake and eventually going to the oil pan whenever I had the car on but engine off. Expensive lesson but I am getting off easy since I can do the repair myself and I was going to do the head bolts anyways. Just had to spend 1k to get a new rod and piston.
i had identical symptoms but ended up being o2 sensors. Had my car towed right away though. Interesting how symptoms are the same for both. Wondering how I'd be able to tell the difference before doing damage. When it was the 02 sensors just said the cylinders that misfired.

Last edited by AMGonFire; 10-22-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Here's an example of a few of the variations of the M156 Injectors. I have replaced MANY Q2's and a few Q3's... About a dozen hydrolocked engines... but usually just have to replace the injector(s), clear the cylinder, change the oil and have a nice day... They are up to Q5 and I don't know of any failures on those.
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Kit comes with Brand new Bosch 550cc injectors. If you are running Q2,Q3, possibly even Q4 (as they made yet another revision) you are at risk of an injector locking opened, all of the ones I have dealt with have been on unmodified cars, running unleaded fuel.
Are you saying that the oem injectors have caused hydrolocked engines without porting them? Or is that specific to a ported oem injector only?

On my old boosted Acura TL, i was running ported injectors from the acura rdx. Stock injectors rated at 450cc which were ported to 980cc for my application. There was just no other option at the time and nothing aftermarket would fit. Always made me nervous but never had problems with them. Miss that car lol

I wouldnt be worried about running the bosch injectors for this kit.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:06 PM

'16 CLS63S
Came across this kit. Anyone know anything about it? I certainly don't like the idea of having to swap my fuel pump

http://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=85_120&prod uct_id=327

Last edited by bentz69; 10-26-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
Originally Posted by bentz69
Came across this kit. Anyone know anything about it? I certainly don't like the idea of having to swap my fuel pump

http://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=...product_id=327
Obviously due your DD but as long as access is not extreme, replacing FP is not as big a deal as it sounds. Upgrading FP and Injectors for E85 is pretty standard on FI cars - given c63 NA, I can see(guess) why the EC FF kit doesn't call for it and am curious if this system was developed more for AM FI? Given the price, probably worth a call to the company for details and I'm curious about what/why there's a new system announced? I'm coming from a ForesterXT build with a 335is one on pause in search for a C63(wish I would have driven one earlier) and the pricing on this system is more in-line to what I'm use to, but I wouldn't use it for free w/o some sort of track record, which I've yet to find?
I'll post if I find some info... please do the same.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg

http://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=85_120&prod uct_id=327

First Ill say I bought this kit, for $400 I just had to check it out. Talked to the company, injectors/fuel pump only for the 55. C63 without headers, no need to upgrade.

My experience:
I got the kit in and they sent the wrong harness. emailed and waited a few day then sent a follow up email and they replied they would send the correct adapters. That was a week ago and I have not received them. They are in VA, im in NC, 2 days max to ship USPS.
The boxes are big and there are 2. I think they will fit on top of the fuse box under the hood (test fit and seem to work fine)
App support is only for Andriod.
E85 percent detector that gets installed on the fuel line. They do not include a connector so you will have to cut that stainless steel line.
eFlexfuel is the manufacturer and comes with their branding (not VRP). You can find out more about it online.
Is Eurocharged kit better? not sure. Install wise I would definitely say EC is easier, but at a $1,000 price.

In the end I decided to cut and solder the connections since I dont know if the MLK injector adapters will ever show up. I got half of them done last night and will be doing the other side tonight.

I had also planned on buying the headers on their site, again considerably less expensive but after the lack of communication and wrong parts being sent this time I dont think I will use this company anymore.

If you want plug and play, Eurocharged is the kit for you.

Last edited by Adam Chambers; 10-27-2017 at 09:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gmore (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Adam Chambers
First Ill say I bought this kit, for $400 I just had to check it out. Talked to the company, injectors/fuel pump only for the 55. C63 without headers, no need to upgrade.

My experience:
I got the kit in and they sent the wrong harness. emailed and waited a few day then sent a follow up email and they replied they would send the correct adapters. That was a week ago and I have not received them. They are in VA, im in NC, 2 days max to ship USPS.
The boxes are big and there are 2. I think they will fit on top of the fuse box under the hood (test fit and seem to work fine)
E85 percent detector that gets installed on the fuel line. They do not include a connector so you will have to cut that stainless steel line.
eFlexfuel is the manufacturer and comes with their branding (not VRP). You can find out more about it online.
Is Eurocharged kit better? not sure. Install wise I would definitely say EC is easier, but at a $1,000 price.

In the end I decided to cut and solder the connections since I dont know if the MLK injector adapters will ever show up. I got half of them done last night and will be doing the other side tonight.

I had also planned on buying the headers on their site, again considerably less expensive but after the lack of communication and wrong parts being sent this time I dont think I will use this company anymore.

PM me and I'll make you a good deal on a set of ARH headers

Thanks!

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Adam Chambers (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 11:57 AM

'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by gmore
Obviously due your DD but as long as access is not extreme, replacing FP is not as big a deal as it sounds. Upgrading FP and Injectors for E85 is pretty standard on FI cars - given c63 NA, I can see(guess) why the EC FF kit doesn't call for it and am curious if this system was developed more for AM FI? Given the price, probably worth a call to the company for details and I'm curious about what/why there's a new system announced? I'm coming from a ForesterXT build with a 335is one on pause in search for a C63(wish I would have driven one earlier) and the pricing on this system is more in-line to what I'm use to, but I wouldn't use it for free w/o some sort of track record, which I've yet to find?
I'll post if I find some info... please do the same.
Ive done fuel pumps on my prior boosted cars but I wonder why this particular kit requires a fuel pump upgrade and EC doesnt. Even though the pumps on their site are a tad above 100$, seems like a unneccesary upgrade considering the EC kit doesnt need one. Unless they designed it more for the s/c applcation of the e55 which I could see a larger pump being neccessary and allowing more room without maxing out the oem pump.

My experience:

Good info thanks.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600

My experience:

All VRP does is copies items from other vendors. He has no clue about how things works.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by shardul
All VRP does is copies items from other vendors. He has no clue about how things works.
From what I understood from a post I saw on facebook is that they lowered the price of that kit because they have a new one coming out soon that will be pretty similar to the eurocharged kit.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Thanks for the info. Might consider that kit if the group buy doesn't go through...
Old 10-27-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg
From what I understood from a post I saw on facebook is that they lowered the price of that kit because they have a new one coming out soon that will be pretty similar to the eurocharged kit.
You can see the new kit on eflexfuel.com. Just smaller controller box. It’s the kit they’re selling, like I said it doesn’t say VRP anywhere on it. It’s labeled eFlexfuel.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM

2009 C63 AMG
So i received my kit and just wanted to share my initial experience. Did the install on Sunday with myself and a friend. It was just the kit and no injectors and we followed the YouTube video and some instructions we found online, install time took about 2 hours. Hardest part was unplugging the factor injector connectors as there's not much room to get at it. The car started up just fine and had about 3 gallons of 91 octane in it and we went to go fuel up on E85. Filled up with about 12 gallons of E85 and using the ethanol app i got a reading around 65% ethanol went driving around a bit and the car felt good, I especially noticed the change in throttle response. Parked the car for about 2 hours then was ready to go out for dinner when i started the car and it started idling really rough and shaking. A CEL appeared and when i ran the code it was P0301 misfire cylinder 1.

I gave Dave a call (Thanks Dave for taking my call in the evening on a weekend!) and he told me to do the following checks.

2009 C63 AMG 106K Miles

1.Check my wiring
2.Check spark plugs
3.Check coils and move them to another bank and see if the misfire follows it
4.Try different connectors on the harness and see if it follows.

I tried all of those and the issue is still persistent. I did notice that the car reeks of fuel so my guess might be a faulty injector thats stuck wide open and i did check and all my injectors are Q3s.
What i don't get is the car was running fine before hand and i just did a oil analysis that didn't note a concerning amount of fuel in the oil so was it just coincidence that it decided to fail?

I'm trying to source some injectors right now that are not crazy expensive.

If anyone has any ideas please chime in.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:59 PM

'16 CLS63S
Wish I had some input but I really dont. I hate chalking things up to a coincidence. So you switched coil packs and still the only cylinder with a misfire is 1? Not the best idea but if that's the case, rotate the cylinder 1 injector and leave everything else the same. Clear the code and start the car. Maybe if you get a mis on the new cylinder you can say the injector took a sh*t
Old 11-20-2017, 07:13 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Wish I had some input but I really dont. I hate chalking things up to a coincidence. So you switched coil packs and still the only cylinder with a misfire is 1? Not the best idea but if that's the case, rotate the cylinder 1 injector and leave everything else the same. Clear the code and start the car. Maybe if you get a mis on the new cylinder you can say the injector took a sh*t
Yes I switched the coil and spark plugs to another cylinder but the misfire was still on cylinder 1. I'll give moving the injector over to see if the fault moves as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 PM

Did you notice any fluid sitting in the well where cylinder 1 injector was? From what it looked like on my cylinder heads that it looked like the gas level almost rose into the intake manifold. Plus if it is stuck wide open then all your fuel pressure in the line will empty out into it once you turn the engine off. Hope you get it figured out!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Did you notice any fluid sitting in the well where cylinder 1 injector was? From what it looked like on my cylinder heads that it looked like the gas level almost rose into the intake manifold. Plus if it is stuck wide open then all your fuel pressure in the line will empty out into it once you turn the engine off. Hope you get it figured out!

I haven't had a chance to pull the injectors yet but i did notice the spark plug was dripping with fuel. Going to change the injector once i can find one for a reasonable price. Also i heard its best to do an oil change in case there is a lot of fuel in it. Any tip on how to clear the cylinder chamber of any residual gas?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sakebomb
I haven't had a chance to pull the injectors yet but i did notice the spark plug was dripping with fuel. Going to change the injector once i can find one for a reasonable price. Also i heard its best to do an oil change in case there is a lot of fuel in it. Any tip on how to clear the cylinder chamber of any residual gas?
I had a vacuum pump so I when I pulled the spark plugs I put the hose in the hole and sucked out any fluid that was in there. Also when I drained the oil I got about 12 quarts out of it from all the gas that had been going into it. This might be a good chance to get all your injectors cleaned for ****s and giggles.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,822 Likes on 1,669 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Why risk damaging your engine or waste any more of your time over this. Just take it all off and send it back to EC to figure out. Didnt someone bend a rod recently because of a stuck injector? If your car was fine before, and it’s not now, there’s your answer I would think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :)