C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

weistec air/oil seperator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
weistec air/oil seperator

Completed the install of the kit but damn its tight back there lol.

Question, is the AN fitting that slides into the manifold supposed to have a tiny gap where the arrow is? After I attached the hose it added a good amount of pressure to pull the fitting tighter towards the motor but it didnt seem right to me. Just found it odd that the AN fitting itself wouldnt be secured to the manifold using the torx screw instead of that little C clip. Whats the reasoning for that?

I forgot to turn the pcv tube and currently that round portion of the tube is pressed up against the firewall. Ill have to go back in there and try to turn it. Can that fitting that goes into the manifold be turned simply by hand?

Last edited by bentz69; 03-05-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
The point of the c-clip is so you can adjust what angle the fitting sits at incase you need to run it differently. As for the plastic portion - it actually plugs into the crankcase/top of the block. It can just simply turn by hand but there is a coolant pipe that restricts its movement and runs from side to side.

Originally Posted by bentz69
Completed the install of the kit but damn its tight back there lol.

Question, is the AN fitting that slides into the manifold supposed to have a tiny gap where the arrow is? After I attached the hose it added a good amount of pressure to pull the fitting tighter towards the motor but it didnt seem right to me. Just found it odd that the AN fitting itself wouldnt be secured to the manifold using the torx screw instead of that little C clip. Whats the reasoning for that?

I forgot to turn the pcv tube and currently that round portion of the tube is pressed up against the firewall. Ill have to go back in there and try to turn it. Can that fitting that goes into the manifold be turned simply by hand?

The following users liked this post:
Mbm6f (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
^makes sense about the clip.

I saw a post from weistec themselves stating to turn that hose/fitting to allow for better clearance issues with the firewall. Guess I'll have to get the hands back in there again
Old 03-06-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
Originally Posted by bentz69
^makes sense about the clip.

I saw a post from weistec themselves stating to turn that hose/fitting to allow for better clearance issues with the firewall. Guess I'll have to get the hands back in there again
Yes, definitely a PIA. Not much room to maneuver back there. I did mine last year and had to go back and reconfigure it as I was blocking my dipstick. What I learned was the tube is a lot more flexible than you think it is, and yes you can pivot the fitting. Here is a picture from last year before I went back and reworked it - not the best, but you get the idea. Sorry I don't have a better shot of rear.

Also, make sure you keep a good grip on that C-clip when you loosen it back up. I dropped mine and had an oh **it moment as I couldn't see where it went. Luckily my magnet grabber picked it up on my first try.

Attached Thumbnails weistec air/oil seperator-oas.jpg  
Old 03-08-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
C63AMG Coupe 507, GL X166
This my post when i installed weistec separator on my car.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-question.html