MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Need a few pointers please... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/660344-need-few-pointers-please.html)

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7097027)
Yeah I hear you man but it's tough. I love the car and there is literally no other ones in my area I checked within a 300 mile radius. I forgot to mention the plastic by the hood latch is cracked too. If this dealer can't provide any prior service records for the car I don't think I'll buy it.

Where is your area?

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097016)
Yeah, find a different car. Plenty of affordable c63's out there and you listed off quite a few things that are wrong with it. With that low of miles to have so many cosmetic issues the car wasn't cared for.

You may think that the cosmetic stuff doesn't bother you much now, and trust me I know what it is like buying a car and wanting to just get in it and go. But I'll bet you can find another one, that is much cleaner, for just a little bit more.

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097030)
Where is your area?

I'm in Staten Island,NY. I drove 4 hours to Virginia to see this car...

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:33 PM

What are you using to search? Because here are 50 c63's within 250 miles of you....

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...20201&zc=10302

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097069)
What are you using to search? Because here are 50 c63's within 250 miles of you....

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...20201&zc=10302

Well I'm searching only 2011-2012 because of the headbolt issue. I'm also searching under 35k miles. I'm going back and forth between cars, cargurus, and autotrader.

hyperion667 03-27-2017 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7095864)
First helpful tip in this thread. Others should take it easy with newbies. This forum is becoming dead for this reason. Older members have moved on to other toys so newer members are arriving, just try to help newcomers rather than tell then being hostile all the time. Seriously.

I agree on the LSD, it is not necessary unless u plan on tracking the car. I don't have LSD in mine & never felt the need to have it. It's good u are aware of the headbolts issue & picked a car out of that range.

The C63 is built solid, again like skratch posted, keep a close look on wear & tear items like brakes, tires, belts & such.

Enjoy the car & the forum!

well put Roswell, there are a lot of guys screaming to use search......and spend a lot of time arguing about why they should use the search.....and then the insults start......when I was a noob, I had so much fun on these boards! it has changed a lot as you said.....

good luck to the OP

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7097090)
well put Roswell, there are a lot of guys screaming to use search......and spend a lot of time arguing about why they should use the search.....and then the insults start......when I was a noob, I had so much fun on these boards! it has changed a lot as you said.....

good luck to the OP

Thank you man I appreciate it.

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:51 PM

If you're looking at 11's make sure the engine code is beyond 60658 or you'll still be at risk with headbolts.

Also -- <35k miles = 6-7k miles per year which is very low.

You may be very limited but I wouldn't buy a beat up car with low miles over a very well maintained car with slightly higher miles. C63's are stout cars, don't let mileage deter you.

Andrew33 03-27-2017 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097116)
If you're looking at 11's make sure the engine code is beyond 60658 or you'll still be at risk with headbolts.

Also -- <35k miles = 6-7k miles per year which is very low.

You may be very limited but I wouldn't buy a beat up car with low miles over a very well maintained car with slightly higher miles. C63's are stout cars, don't let mileage deter you.

Yeah ur right about that. I wouldn't call the car beat up but it was definitely parked in a city a lot while it was leased due to the rear bumper. My deciding factor is definitely gonna be the maintenance records to see if there is any. It was never brought back to the dealer after it was purchased as a lease. I don't mind fixing a few of the blemishes the car has. As far as the engine serial number goes it is 6,2xx so I'm good with the headbolt issue. Thanks a lot Purple Heart I really appreciate you taking your time out replying to me and giving me some pointers.

CarHopper 03-27-2017 01:08 PM

NP. One last question, what's the budget? Looks to me <$35k, sound about right?

Andrew33 03-27-2017 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097148)
NP. One last question, what's the budget? Looks to me <$35k, sound about right?

Yeah right around there..37k max after Ny taxes and extended warranty I'll be over 40k at that point.

saint13 03-27-2017 06:29 PM

Welcome OP, good luck on your search!

Since you're already in VA it might be worth swinging by Bethesda to check out this guy's C63:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-2011-c63.html

Super clean, great color combo and already has headers installed along with some other exterior mods.

Alternatively, Marc has his face-lift sedan up for sale. Florida car with minor fender damage but he's an awesome guy and the car is well cared for:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...3-florida.html

CarHopper 03-27-2017 07:22 PM

^6MercAMG's was also in the cars..com link I posted. Worth taking a look at if you're okay with buying a modded car and that interior. Cream interiors seem to be a love it or hate it thing.

Andrew33 03-27-2017 08:31 PM

Really appreciate all of your help guys. Quick update I actually decided to buy the one in Virginia today. I was able to get the service records for the car while it was leased from 0miles to 31k miles and it was serviced at ray catena in NJ. Dealer is doing an oil change and painting the rear bumper for me at $31.5k. A few of the other minor blemishes I'll fix myself. I'm gonna pick her up on Thursday!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fa3dfebe28.jpghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e6fb3ee98f.jpg

Vladds 03-27-2017 09:01 PM

Welcome.
I thought the projectors were black inside the headlights, but it could be an option code too.
Take a look at your options card, which headlight option do you have?

CarHopper 03-27-2017 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vladds (Post 7097664)
Welcome.
I thought the projectors were black inside the headlights, but it could be an option code too.
Take a look at your options card, which headlight option do you have?

The black housings mean the car has the headlight package, this one does not.

You'll always want to get the upper portion of the grill that attaches to the hood. Maybe you can get the dealer to throw that in.

chrisridebike8 03-27-2017 09:09 PM

Congrats! Enjoy it! Also, make sure they replace the top piece of the grille that attaches to the hood.

Andrew33 03-28-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7097673)
Congrats! Enjoy it! Also, make sure they replace the top piece of the grille that attaches to the hood.

Wow I didn't even notice that until you said that. I doubt this guy is gonna replace that. Gonna have to try and find that myself.

CarHopper 03-28-2017 10:33 AM

https://www.55tech.com/products/w204-c63-amg-grille-2008-2011

Andrew33 03-28-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7098208)
https://www.55tech.com/products/w204-c63-amg-grille-2008-2011

wow that's actually really nice I might have to get that anyway...thanks man!!

chrisridebike8 03-28-2017 10:53 AM

Yeah, I have a 55tech grille. It's good. It might be difficult to find the stock top piece of the grille. Keep in mind that some people experience a whistling noise on the freeway with the 55tech grille (myself). The solution would be to use the stock piece on top (difficult for you) or make some type of gasket for the 55tech top piece. The stock piece has a thin rubber gasket between it and the hood. It wouldn't be difficult to make a gasket, but just something to keep in mind. It might not even be a factor if you get it.

CarHopper 03-28-2017 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7098243)
Yeah, I have a 55tech grille. It's good. It might be difficult to find the stock top piece of the grille. Keep in mind that some people experience a whistling noise on the freeway with the 55tech grille (myself). The solution would be to use the stock piece on top (difficult for you) or make some type of gasket for the 55tech top piece. The stock piece has a thin rubber gasket between it and the hood. It wouldn't be difficult to make a gasket, but just something to keep in mind. It might not even be a factor if you get it.

I am a little confused as to whether or not you are suggesting the top piece does not come with the 55tech. I understand at one point it didn't. However, in the product description now:

C63 AMG Style Grille
For 2008~2011 C63 AMG models ONLY
Does NOT fit on Non-AMG models
2012 C63 AMG Style Grille.
TOP Piece now included for all color

So he should be able to kill two birds with one stone. Update the front a little to a more aggressive grille and also get that top piece in there.

Andrew33 03-28-2017 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7098243)

i just called the dealer im buying it from and I asked if I could take it off of the other c63 they have in the lot. Is that piece hard to remove when I go to pick it up Thursday?

CarHopper 03-28-2017 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7098253)
i just called the dealer im buying it from and I asked if I could take it off of the other c63 they have in the lot. Is that piece hard to remove when I go to pick it up Thursday?

No, very easy, Should just be 2 or 3 screws if I remember correctly.

AMG3.2 03-28-2017 11:16 AM

Congrats and welcome

chrisridebike8 03-28-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7098251)
I am a little confused as to whether or not you are suggesting the top piece does not come with the 55tech. I understand at one point it didn't. However, in the product description now:

C63 AMG Style Grille
For 2008~2011 C63 AMG models ONLY
Does NOT fit on Non-AMG models
2012 C63 AMG Style Grille.
TOP Piece now included for all color

So he should be able to kill two birds with one stone. Update the front a little to a more aggressive grille and also get that top piece in there.

No. I was saying that some people experience whistling noise with the 55tech top piece. Mine whistled. I swapped back to the stock top piece and the rest of the 55tech grille. Some people that experienced whistling used the 55tech top piece and made a rubber gasket to go between it and the hood.